The Main Flaw Is....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
youdie
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Main Flaw Is....

This game has to be one of the most uninteresting games ever. The main flaw in this game is that there is no main character or party that you build up, level up and get attached to, I changed my party so many times it got boring and as the game didnt stop me I couldnt help it. If you had one major character with followers similar to that of fallout or fallout 2 (BEST GAME EVER).
Post Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:39 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

this game is basically for those who have used up all their options in gaming and have nothing better to do except play this.
Post Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:48 am
Parcival
Rightful Heir To The Throne

quote:
Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood
this game is basically for those who have used up all their options in gaming and have nothing better to do except play this.

And the ones who are wating for
http://www.u5lazarus.com/
http://www.the-elemental.net/
http://www.planetdungeonsiege.com/shadowsofwinter/
but i know... it is kind of sad that some modules are more promising than the orriginal game.

On the point of getting attached to your charachter; I realy got attached to my 4 mules! They are so cute! (Though i must admit i did not realy identify myself with them).

Parcival

Last edited by Parcival on Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:58 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The mules were nice, the glittering magic effects too, but the arcade-ish journeying proved to be too much for me. I couldn't bring myself to finish the game, as much as I hate to do that.
Post Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:40 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

I like that mule better than the game itself. They should make a talking mule with hilarious attitude or something. But no, the whole game is all about waving giant sword, about body parts flying here & there, story less and have no character personality build up.
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:09 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

On the other hand, there are times when what you want is a break from more serious gaming...I kind of like DS for that reason.

I do get a bit bored towards the end, but next time I think I will try a party of 2 with six mules and see how far that takes me. Right now it's just an endless series of battles that ar too easy because my party members are so strong. The Dragon towards the end was a bit silly - all you have to do is cast heal and drink the odd magic potion while pouinding on the dragon for about ten minutes.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:12 am
Davo
City Guard
City Guard

I agree that some of the battles are too easy. I fought a bear at the beginning of the game that got stuck on a wall. I fired lightning bolts at it for five minutes, took no damage, and killed it without any challenge. On the other hand, I am so busy with real-life responsibilities right now that I kind of like Dungeon Siege at this moment. I don't have to concern myself with story or plot or anything that requires me to remember what's happening. I can just kill things, collect items, do some minor inventory management, wander around until I find a town/crypt/dungeon, and gawk at the pretty pictures.

Don't misunderstand, I would rather be playing Morrowind, or Baldur's Gate, or Gothic, or something more substantial. The problem is that I have been so busy that I can't remember where I am in any of those games or what was going on when I last played. I started all of these games and got well into their worlds until real-life intervened. At this point, I'll either have to start over or read a strategy guide to figure out what is going on. These games don't really seem fun to me unless I can play for several hour stretches at a time. I haven't had any several hour stretches of game time for at least a year now.

Oh well. Until I get some time, I'll be playing pseudo-RPG games like Dungeon Siege and Diablo that lurk on the edge of the CRPG scene. Oh yeah, I play console games too. I have many console games that don't require me to remember a complex plot or storyline.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:43 am
Parcival

quote:
Originally posted by Davo

These games don't really seem fun to me unless I can play for several hour stretches at a time. I haven't had any several hour stretches of game time for at least a year now.

Good point,
Thats where DS comes in for me as well. Just an hour or fun before going to sleep.

Parc
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:56 pm
youdie
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Boring

Worst game ever
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:40 am
Nocturnal
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

well ithink this is like EVERY game out there, theres people who like it and there people who dont
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:17 pm