Ungrateful Sand People *spoiler*
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Ungrateful Sand People *spoiler*

Ok, my light side Jedi went to Tattooine at the same point in the game where my dark side character went to Korriban....

I'm level 12 (party is level 10) and the Sand People are putting a real beatdown on my Jedi (level 8 soldier, level 4 guardian). His defense of 23 is likely a problem but I don't have the Force points to keep speed and shield up for long.

Be that as it may I'm trundling along watching HK get blown up every fight (amusing death screaming droid) because evidently his defense of *30* isn't enough when I decide it's time to hit the village and bring Jedi peace to the land (or try to).

Understanding that I need robes and an HK I set off...

The robes, no problem... HK... problem. The Sand People shoot on sight when he's in the group... only if I have a group of normal characters in robes can I walk by without being targetted. If I do this, though, as soon as I enter the village I get a dialogue about needing a translator and get attacked.

Reload. Put HK back in the group. Enter the village. Attacked on sight. Thinking I might have accidently saved it once they were hostile... reload, take HK out of the group, entire. Dialogue sequence saying I need a translator.

I pulled an Anakin and massacred the entire village, sure (except the chieftain.... who did 140 damge in 6 seconds to my Guardian, killing him instantly) but I was hoping for another resolution. Is the only point of the robes to get by the cannons, which kill you instantly if you're not a Sand Person?

Bah. My dark side character is going to enjoy using Kill on them all...

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat May 22, 2004 4:40 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

That sounds suspiciously like a bug. The Sand People are not supposed to attack if you are wearing the robes and have a driod in the group.

Who attacks first? Do the Sand People just charge you or does HK shoot at them and then they charge?
Did you enter the enclave without HK at any point?
Have you tried going in with the gaffi sticks equiped instead of normal weapons? Or no weapons at all?
Are you using the latest patch?
Post Sat May 22, 2004 5:40 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

quote:
Originally posted by Val
That sounds suspiciously like a bug. The Sand People are not supposed to attack if you are wearing the robes and have a driod in the group.

Who attacks first? Do the Sand People just charge you or does HK shoot at them and then they charge?
Did you enter the enclave without HK at any point?
Have you tried going in with the gaffi sticks equiped instead of normal weapons? Or no weapons at all?
Are you using the latest patch?

Screen pauses as enemies are sighted, unpausing will lead to them throwing cryoban grenades or power attacking and killing Bastilla instantly.

No, HK was in the party the entire time I was in the desert. From the moment I entered the sand people area the sand people were aggressive ... until I took HK out of the party.

I suppose I can try unequipping the blaster rifles and lightsaber and see what happens. I don't see it making a difference but there are a few occassions in the game where they are aware of what weapon you're using.

Patch 1.03, yep.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Sat May 22, 2004 5:54 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

So they initiate combat as soon as they see you? Too bad you can't just make HK go into stealth mode.
Post Sat May 22, 2004 6:16 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I guess they all die, then. Oh well. It's not like my mercy-meter runs at 100% even when I'm playing a good guy anyways.

Post Sat May 22, 2004 6:24 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Try this: walk up to their village gate with normal party (sans HK), then, as you're standing before the door, go into your party management window and swap one of party members for HK. Then enter the compound. I did something of the sort and it worked, even though I had some trouble with the whole agro thing.
Post Mon May 24, 2004 1:38 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

That's how I got by the instant death turrets, yep. The only way I could....

They're all dead now and the people of Anchorhead are better off without those savages anyways. Or something.

Post Mon May 24, 2004 2:57 am