Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 3 (PC, Single-Player R
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
demonhunter24601
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

any updates?

this sounds good do we know any thing else about KOTOR 3? is their any new info on the story, if its tied in with the first 2, new feats or powers, etc.?
Post Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:14 pm
ericmdn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Is this for the XBox 2?
Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:08 pm
Naked_Lunch
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hopefully it won't suck as much ass as the first two.
Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:52 pm
Scoundrel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well the first two games were great especially storylinewise. They didnt suck at all. Of course I also expect the third game to have a rich storyline, but the second game wasnt much different in gameplay/graphics/sound etc than the first game. Thus I expect the third game to be improved in every aspect.
Post Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:19 pm
Ben Kenobi

Kotor 3

KOTOR was one of the best rpg's storyline wise, gameplay, characters, etc. KOTOR 2 was good but the story completly sucked and so did the characters and the difference between the two is Bioware done the first one(which kicked ass) and Obsidian did the second one(which needed an ass kicking).
Post Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:08 am

TrD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I only played the first. The story was very good and the characters too, but it was very easy and very linear.

Maybe I'll check KOTOR2
Post Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:46 pm
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

There are plenty of KOTOR:3 rumors. Here are the facts that I know of.

Last September, LucasArts layed off 50 employees, including a team that was starting to develop KOTOR:3 internally. All of this was discussed in public press releases.

KOTOR:2 was rushed 3 months early as LucasArts was really hurting for money.

The Obsidian crew has openly said they would like to do a KOTOR:3, but said they are not currently working on it. That is LucasArt's call to suggest it.

The President of LucasArts when asked if KOTOR:3 was in the works said "KOTOR:3? That's a good idea."

However, just last week Akari from Obsidian told me personally that he is pretty confident that no one from any company is currently working on KOTOR:3.
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:06 am
Murp

I thought the second one had a freakin' awesome storyline. The best story in a game ever imo. It saddens me no one else agrees or has even played it to share with. I can't wait for KOTOR3, I hope they make a good one for it too.
Post Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:34 pm

Hmm, considering Obsidian has three projects on the way and Lucas can't come up with anything decent nowadays; your changes of getting K3 are rather slim. At least for the next few years. Of course, Bioware might ditch Star Citadel after doing Mass Effect, Jade Empire 2 and Dargon Age, and start developing K3, but I rather doubt they'd like to be on Lucas' leash again.

-Mus?
Post Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:05 pm

Triff star

ideas for KOTOR 3

KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 were both kick ass games.I must admit KOTOR 2 wasnt much improved from KOTOR 1 but it was a great game with a great storyline.But it had a dissapointing ending.I hope if they make a KOTOR 3 they can combine your character from the first 2 games(revan & exile) so you have 2 main characters to play with.And the storyline kinda depended on how you acted in the first 2 games depending on the characters.e.g. if you were dark in the first game and completed it on dark mode and on the 2nd game you were light and and completed it on light mode that would have a different storyline to say if you were light in the first game and dark in the second game or light in both or dark in both.But they would really have to think about a good storyline.but i think this would work.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:34 pm

CoolKOTOR

Kotor

Hello. I am 9 years old and have beat KOTOR 2. I have a list for almost everything.
CHARACTERS:
Bao Dur
Visas
Bastella
Carth
Handmaiden
Disciple
Mandolore
the bots (t3, hk)
My characters:
Shadam Dorro or
Crath Dall
Planets:
Tatooine(boss battle: Sarlac pit)
Nar Shadda
Dantooine
Endor
Hoth
Naboo
ideas:
Birth of Obi-Wan
Create your age
create more allies
create 2 planets
fly Ebon Hawk level.
Thank you!
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:35 am

coolKOTOR

Kotor

Hi I`m back! I have alot of ideas for KOTOR3!
MORE IDEAS:
Quigon-jin becomes jedi Knight
in the end of the game,
Bao-dur dies trying to protect you
In the begining of the game,
the Ebon Hawk crashes on Dantooine,
destroying GOTO and Mira.
your character marries Handmaiden
(my favorite characters are handmaiden and disciple)
I`ll have more soon! thank you!
Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:14 am

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Uh, the events of the KOTOR games take place about 4000 years before Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were born. Therefore, I doubt we'll see them in the next KOTOR game.
Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:46 pm

Re: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 3 (PC, Single-Play

quote:
Originally posted by RPGDot Admin
The third part in the KotOR series. Supposedly powered by an all new engine and a battle system that will put more emphasis on lightsabre fights.<br><br>Show more about this game

I just wanted to ask, are they actually making Kotor 3 or not.
Post Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:26 am

pk11687

i sure would like to know

boy, I would sure love to know if there will be a kotor 3. I think Lucas was an idiot for not putting more into these games financially. The first one rocked and the second one didn't lag that far behind, although it was very similar. So, I guess the question now is, will kotor 3 ever come out? I hope, but that may be all I can do unless lucasarts gets there crap in line and starts using there liscence to its max and make some real good games instead of average games.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:28 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next