Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Ack! I've lost my henchman!

I lost Linu in Layenne's Tomb.

She died.

I went back to The Temple of Tyr.

She's not there!

I then went to Aarin's House, where the others are, and she isn't there either!

Is this part of the plot or is she DEAD dead?
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:15 am
Kragor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hi! Dunno if this is part of the plot, but I doubt it. Sounds like a bug. You've probably already explored this possibility, but you could try going back to the tomb to the spot where she died and see if she's lying on the ground. If so, attempt to heal with something.
Most likely won't work though...
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:17 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

I looked all over the place for her. To my dismay she is nowhere to be found. I just went and picked up a new henchman. I like Daelan better anyway. Linu was just good for healing. I assume she'll show up next chapter but who's to say.

I'm sure you're right about the *bug*. <y game seems to be laden with them, unfortunately.

Thanks for the response!

Loves ~T
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:45 am
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

She could reapear in the place you hire mercenaries after you move to another town. Or is Layenne's Tomb somewhere near the end of the game? I didn't play this game for so long
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:20 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

quote:
Originally posted by Temptress
I assume she'll show up next chapter but who's to say.

Its chater 3 you're on at the moment right? (Been a while since I played the oc.) On the final chapter you're stuck with the henchman you ended the chapter with.

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:23 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

@Ironman: Well, I guess I'm in a heap O' trouble then! LOL. I dunno how far I got but I might just go back and restart the chapter I'm in. I need a healer.

Thanks you guys. ~T
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:44 pm
Casanovious
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Missing Henchmen Bug

This bug hit a game I was playing with my wife. The bug is associated with your saved game file and not your saved character file. The only way we could solve the problem was to go back to an earlier saved game. As far as I can tell, the bug happened when she left the game and then re-entered the game. I have been able to reproduce this bug too. It may happen other ways but this will cause it to happen: Character A hosts a game. Character B joins a LAN game. Then leaves and then rejoins. The bug doesn't always occur but if character B keeps leaving and rejoining, there will be a point where character B's henchmen will be bugged. Once a character is bugged, you won't be able to heal him/her and you will notice that she will not sit down when you rest. And when he/she dies, she is lost. So, before saving a game, I always have characters rest and make sure their henchmen sit down. If I want to save the game at a point where we cannot rest then I save it to a Temporary saved game slot just to be safe. Also - when this bug happened, I noticed that my wife selected to load or character from the file and didn't use the copy of her character that was in the saved game. I don't know if that is part of the issue or not. I guess I should contact the game's developer and inform them of the bug and how to reproduce it.
Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:16 pm