Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Is my Chapter 3 Eye of Innos quest broken?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
lord_matthias
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Is my Chapter 3 Eye of Innos quest broken?

Ok, here is the situation. I was at the part of the game, Chapter 3, where the Eye has been stolen by a novice and you must track him down, and then there are the 4 seekers around a stone circle with the broken eye on the altar. Since my character was too weak to fight all 4 seekers, I just teleported back to the monastery once I had encountered them, not knowing that I had left the eye of innos was on the altar. I talked to Pyrokar about it, and discussed the broken eye as if I had it in my inventory, talked to Vatras, then talked to Xardas about it.
But here is the problem- I have exhausted all avenues of conversation with them. I even went back to reclaim the eye and had bennet fix it, but still no luck. Isn't Vatras supposed to tell me how to fix the eye? Instead all he will talk to me about is a quest from NoTR (I have gothic 2 gold). What can I do now? Is it possible that my exhausting the conversation topics about the eye without actually having it in my inventory could have broken the quest??
Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:11 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Welcome to the forums!

What did Vatras tell you exactly? He's supposed to tell you that you need some swampweed, to fix the eyes' frame(Bennet), and 1 magician of each circle(himself, Pyrokar and Xardas).. if you can't get him to tell you this, I fear you may have broken it, do you have any saves before you teleported back?

By the way, an easy way to defeat the Seekers is using the lightning storm spell. Just get a few scrolls of it(2-3 should hold), and fire away.
Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:50 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to our forums!

I also think you´ve broken the quest. You should reload and play this part again. Fixing it with the console is probably possible but it could be complex.
Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:08 pm
lord_matthias
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh, darn. Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now- I have a save from right before this happened, but that was 7 hours of gameplay ago! Maybe I could just load up the file and then use the "characterhelper" to make myself the correct level again so I wouldn't have to do as much "grinding" of creatures...
Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:30 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You could use the Story Helper to mark the relevant quests solved.
Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:50 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

With NOTR the same happened to me appart that I flee instead of teleport, no it's not a broken thing, just a little strange design but I think it's deliberate, and nothing broken.

When you go enough near the amulet and don't necessary take it not even see it you get xp to reach this goal. Then you can continue a bit this quest. But later, to repear it, the game will say you need it in your inventory. I search a long time in my inventory and yes I hadn't, sure I was sure I hadn't take it.

Then I get back to the circle stone and there all the seekers and the amulet was still there waiting me. This time I succeed see it and get it and the quest continue with no problem.

I feel there are good point in this design choice because it helps you understand you are in the good direction even if you didn't succeed to see the amulet. For a perfect thing dialogs should have been adapted to this case but well.
Post Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:57 pm