only one camp ?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
dagon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi all,

playing Gothic like mad, wow it's good !

one question : I visited old camp, new camp and the swamp camp.
If you manage to join one of them, are the other barred, or if I join the old camp, can I change to "the sect" or the new camp after ?
Post Mon Dec 24, 2001 9:20 am
Xandrius
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hi! Just try to join the camp you feel best
Have fun!!
Post Mon Dec 24, 2001 9:50 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

### I am maybe wrong / anonymous (next post) said it ###
Yes, just one camp. If you join OC, you will not be able to join NC or SC later in game, etc. There were some rummors about camp changing, but really nothing (yet).
But there are other possibilities. For example when you join OC as mage (fire mage) you will be able later in game work with water mages (are in NC).
(There is possibility of changing from OC to NC later in game, but I am not sure)
Good tip is this: save when you complete all "before joining" quests in all three camps (it is good to do this, because you will have enough exp. points that you will need later). Archiv this save and join one camp.
After you finish game - if you want to - you can use this save and join other camp...
Enjoy Gothic

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2001-12-24 14:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2001-12-24 14:17 ]
Post Mon Dec 24, 2001 10:11 am

Danicek, you are wrong.
If he join the OC he can switch to the NC later in the game. Also there is no difference he plays the magician or the warrior.
Post Mon Dec 24, 2001 11:42 am

robcat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, I started out as a member of the Old Camp, then all hell broke loose and I am now a proud member of the New Camp as a magician of the circle of water
Post Mon Dec 24, 2001 4:40 pm

quote:

On 2001-12-24 05:42, Anonymous wrote:
Danicek, you are wrong.
If he join the OC he can switch to the NC later in the game. Also there is no difference he plays the magician or the warrior.

Ok, maybe I am wrong, but there is difference between plaing magician or warrior. If you join someone else and not magician you can for example reach only circle 4. Also in SC you can reach only circle 4.
Other thing is investing of your exp. points. If you want to be magician you should invest in mana and magician skills and also something in dexterity (you will need to use bow).
If you are planing to be warrior you should invest in strenght (and also in dexterity). You can be (later in game) perfect magician and average warrior but no good magician and good warrior (or you must earn you exp. points with bugs or cheats).
Post Mon Dec 24, 2001 8:14 pm