a little-known MMORPG...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

a little-known MMORPG...

... called Trials of Ascension can be found at www.shadowpool.com. Now this is a realistic MMORPG. More realism might = more immersion, maybe. It has got very unique concepts in the gameplay that will make me a fan for sure; things like permadeath counters (100 deaths, then you are dead), weather that affects players (you can freeze to death in a snowstorm if you arent dressed for it!), et cetera. Just go look for yourself, its worth the look and they do have an FAQ there. I will be watching this one for sure. No release date though.

Another mmorpg to look out for is at http://www.warhammeronline.com/default.asp

Its very cool, i just got done reading the big FAQ and its a wicked game. Comes out sometime in 2004 or later.

I love reading about new games. It makes me feel all tingley inside.

EDIT -- that link is giving me problems.
Post Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:41 pm
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Warhammer is so sucky, since you can only play as FOUR of all the races. What the hell is up with that?! I mean, they left out the best races as well! (Skaven and Lizardmen).IF you're going to make a Warhammer game you should use the diversity of all the races.

Um... ToA sound like a retard version of Shadowbane. Permadeath, ageing, loosing lifepoints to keep your equipment (which otherwise can be stolen from you) AND ENFORCING PLAYERKILLING?
And yes, it si so smaert to rely on playerdriven justice for this kind of game... GG.
25 races? Townstone (Tree of life in SB)... Too much reality for me >_<
Seriously, is this a joke?

I think I'll just continue waiting for WoW...

Last edited by Hexy on Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:33 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

whatever. i think they are pretty cool. talk about negative, what is up with your bitterness. if you dont have anything constructive to say then dont say it.

EDIT -- well you have the right to say that stuff, but at least be a little more optimistic and dont judge a game so much before you experience it. everyone has the right to his opinion, so thats ok. for instance, i think WoW is retarded, unlike most of you; it will be a simplified shallow reiteration on what has been made before. at least the games i pointed show some innovation, unlike World of Warcraft. but thats my opinion. my opinion doesnt mean absolute truth, just like your opinion doesnt mean much either.
Post Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:49 pm
Storamin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Ammon777
EDIT -- well you have the right to say that stuff, but at least be a little more optimistic and dont judge a game so much before you experience it. everyone has the right to his opinion, so thats ok. for instance, i think WoW is retarded, unlike most of you; it will be a simplified shallow reiteration on what has been made before. at least the games i pointed show some innovation, unlike World of Warcraft. but thats my opinion. my opinion doesnt mean absolute truth, just like your opinion doesnt mean much either.

Good sir, did you not judge this game also? I judge this game, it looks too real for most players. Most players play a game to escape from normal life, not feel like they are in it again.
"Going gold" is actually a term that refers to Wolf's chronic nose picking problem. He usually screams this at the top of his lungs before jamming his finger into his nostril and raking away at the interior. - Chris Avellone
Post Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:04 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I like realism in games. Realism in AD&D was incredibly fun. It makes you THINK about things, instead of DREAM about them.
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:41 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Well, if'n you want Realism, then World of Warcraft is what you want. It shall be the Alpha, the Omega, the Gamma, Delta, and Epsilon!

*runs n hides!*
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:59 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

I will say one thing for W0W, I've never ever been dissappointed by a blizzard game. And while there are a slew of new MMRPGs about to break in late 2003/2004 WoW is definitely one Im keeping an eye out for
Post Sat May 10, 2003 2:37 am
Zalxder
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wow, This Trials of Ascension game is realy Intresting to me. I love the idea of so many playable races. The hardest thing by far to get in any MMORPG is unique characters. The Perma death aspec seems harsh, but if implemented correctly it would make you think seriously about what you do. There is alot of lore too, hopefuly there can be some actual roleplay in this game... Thanks for posting this, definatly going to keep my eye on this game.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 6:33 am
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Does anyone know a free MMORPG that i could play,,one that is really good though??
Post Sun May 11, 2003 1:09 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

most llikely if its good, its not free
for example:
AC2 you can d/l for free for 2 weeks
Post Sun May 11, 2003 4:44 pm
Zalxder
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah I d/l that AC2 thing, one of there servers had 90 people on it.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 2:40 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

90 people LOL !!! microsoft sure screwed up that one.

EDIT -- added the word "up" after "screwed" ...
Post Tue May 13, 2003 3:39 am
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

I fear that AC2 is beyond repair already. If they would've kept the concept closer to the original AC1 then I believe the game would have much more players than currently.

I'm still playing AC1 and loving it.
Post Tue May 13, 2003 10:58 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I agree. My first mmorpg was Asherons Call. But i am very disappointed with AC2, its so lame. Oh well, at least SWG is coming, woot!
Post Thu May 29, 2003 7:13 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Dude, if the game mechanics of ac1 had the graphics of ac2, there would be NOTHING that would pull me away not even SWG...4yrs later Im STILL playing ac1 the game itself is that good

Amon, did you see what happened to SB last night? LOLOLOL!!
Post Thu May 29, 2003 2:15 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next