Fable (XBox, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
NemaLive

I didnt know it was a MMORPG
Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:44 pm

rendelius

it isn't that's a error in our database. I will correct that. Thanks for pointing it out to us, it's hard to find everything that is wrong in more than 600 entries
Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 5:19 pm

Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

This games 3D immersive graphics lookabsolutely fabulous and the plot idea sounds like it'll be to die for. I hope it's coming out on PC or PS2, or else I'll have to buy an XBox as well
Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:28 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Re: Fable (XBox, Single-Player RPG)

quote:
Originally posted by RPGDot Admin
A RPG by Peter Molyneux. It covers the whole life of the character and is presented in beautiful 3D graphics...<br><br>Show more about this game

The trailer looks really impressive. To bad this sucker is delayed again. Getting sick of these companys hyping games for upwards 2 years of development time. Instead of doing that in the last 4 months of development. Hopefully it plays as good as it looks.
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:59 am
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

First of all it's only for Xbox. There have been rumors that there might be a PC version, but do not count on it. And do not think what so ever that it will ever come to PS2.

And second of all, the delays are for the best. The Devs are really trying to get this game coming out in 2004. And they cant stress enough how much you will be able to do. This will be one of the best replay-games ever.

The game is amazing. And if you want more info visit www.lionhead.com

and there you can get a link to the bbb (company making fable) forums.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:57 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

I wouldn't be suprised if it comes to pc, but ps2 I guess it will never come to. More like Halo, I think it will come to PC some months later.
Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:05 am
hmmm

More like....

quote:
Originally posted by Aphazel
I wouldn't be suprised if it comes to pc, but ps2 I guess it will never come to. More like Halo, I think it will come to PC some months later.
More like years!
Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:19 am

nick m ruiz

Fable

Fable looks like it will be amazing game. I'm purchasing it ASAP
Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:25 pm

BabyPhantom

Re: Fable (XBox, Single-Player RPG)

I'm a big Role Play Gamer... I played Fable tonight for an hour and turned it off. I was not happy with it at all. The controles are really bad, 3 out of 10. Graphics are fab of course, 9 out of 10. But apart from that. I didn't like the game at all. This is coming from me who was waiting so long for the game and was so excited to finaly have it in my hands. The game to me was a "Harry Potter" crossed with a try hard role play and a try really hard sims game.
But anyway, give it a try. Buy it from EB Games. You can return it if you dont like it.
But if you are a true Role Play gamer. Don't bother!!!
Post Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:35 pm

Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
But if you are a true Role Play gamer. Don't bother!!!

I would change that to "If you are a close minded RPG's should be turn based Elitest" then dont bother.

If you like good games then get it. If you dont, then dont. Just dont expect it to be anything more than a console game. Because thats what it is! duh
Post Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:56 pm
Pernicio

More scoop about "fable on PC" subject would be go

It would be really good, if people who has some influense on some sites on web, like gamers sites, this site or any gamer site, would try to make more scoop about that, will Fable ever come o pc or has it been put to final conclusion that it will only be available on Xbox, So, if enyone who owns or are part of any gamer site, or just a reader of one, it would be good to pass this forward to people who could get more inside information about it, whit information available on public. It would be good if all of that would be found from this site.

Simplified english, just too tired to try to write better.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:53 pm

Its XBox's biggest selling game. So I doubt they will allow Lionhead to announce a PC version even if it is in development.

Once the sales die down a bit then you might hear something.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:22 pm

Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

I've noticed a lot of people don't like Fable, and for what reason? "Cause they dropped so many things they would say would be"

IMO, that's bs. Look at the game as it *is*, not as it was *supposed* to be. I love Fable for what it is and I don't care that they did not have 'growing trees' and all that other stuff PM said would be in. I'm addicted and I can't stop playing it

Btw, seeing as how big Fable has sold already, I would really love to see a Fable forum here...if possible?
Post Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:57 pm

Its probably not that likely. Fable isnt realy open ended or long enough to warrant a forum. Also most people here are pretty peeved at the game just because of the irritating add that has plagued RPGDot recently.
Post Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:03 pm

In my opinion it's lived up to what I thought it would be. Most people's sole complaint is that it's too short, but where's it written that an RPG - or any game for that matter - has to be a certain length, a certain number of hours in length? Yes, several things were taken out, but I'd sooner be playing it NOW than wait another 6 - 8 - 10 months just to have growing trees and a dragon to kill.

I loved Fable and it's the only game that I've played again as soon as I'd finished it. It's great! The way your Hero's appearance changes is fantastic, and in no other game does that happen. In most other games you change armour but nothing changes on the screen, you never age, your hair never grows and you never actually get to interact with NPCs. Not to mention that the average game NPC stands in the same place or else walks between A and B and does nothing but repeat the same 1 or 2 inane sentences over and over. In Fable they go to work and go home again, they sit around the table and eat, they drop things, get drunk and throw up, they watch as you walk past and even comment on your appearance.

Nope, Fable does it for me. Not only is it a lot of fun to play, with loads of things to and people to talk with, it's a challenge to play as well. The fact that you can change everything about your character's appearance and his alignment also changes his appearance is fun to watch.

I bet there're a lot of PC RPGers out there that're really annoyed that it's not on PC so they can play it, and I bet there're a lot more who won't admit that they'd like to have a go, but that it's on console means they won't stoop to try it - and I pity those people who would cut off their nose to spite their face.
Post Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:25 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next