Usergroups
2 Handed weapons...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
darth
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hm, in real life I bet more then 80% of us couldn't even lift such a 2 hander much less weild one. Trust me I tried and I almost broke my arms. These ancient ppl that used these swords were STRONG let me tell you...and im not weak either. Imagine having to fight a whole battle with one of those things swinging it for hours...ugh!

As for the handguns it depends what gun you are trying to shoot. If you try to shoot a 44 magnum with one hand for example you will lose your arm, the gun and maybe half your face in the process. I shot one with 2 hands once and my palm was swollen for a week...
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:20 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

The original topic, my new weapon MOD tutorial wil explain how simple it is to MOD a weapon for in game use to make them 2 handed weapons more usefull. You can increase damage and they really do have longer reach than other short swords to hit the enemy and keep you away from them. The script looks almost the same from G1 and I have the German language version of the developemnt kit; I do not know what happen to the English version, the Gothic site has a translated english tutorial on placing objects into the world. I have been just hex editing the compiled *.D files and game.dat to add in more stuff; first was I converted a single hand sword no one uses into a 2h Huge Rusty Axe(huge damage, even more slower) med range available in chapter one from merchants after you complete one of thier quest (added content) with all stats and correct 3dbs model. This is one area also people wanted to change, some prefer the 2hand weapons from start. I keep balance in that I slowed the Huge Rusty Axe down a bit more attack speed. Best 2h weapons stil in later chapter. All these extra goodies and toys are needed for variety and monster MOD is going to make monsters much more hard to kill, later script in more of them also; basically more tough monsters, respawns in chapter progression, you will have the challenge and need the experience to win the game fun wise while getting to chapter 6 will not be easy. This will force players to spend thier skill points earlier on more to even get through the all the chapters; they scale up in dificulty. No easy cake walk anymore.
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:14 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehehe probably only Gothic true fans will finish this game after the mod
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:49 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

20-30% of the people reading these threads
Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:30 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3