Usergroups
slaughterfish scales quest
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - Spoilers

Author Thread
dr who
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

On my way to Kvatch I came across an area called Miscarand. Here I found a few goblins and a small camp that netted (excuse the pun) a total of 9 scales!!

Maybe this info can help some of you finish the quest?
Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:15 am
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

No. Regular scales don't count for the quest. They have to be 'Rumare Slaughterfish Scales' which can only be gotten from the fish in the Northern part of Lake Rumare. Otherwise it'd be too easy .
Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:35 pm
dr who
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

oh crud are you serious? oh darn it! sorry guys i guess the excitement of closing my first gate got too much for me...

If you see a drunken Argonian ambling around tonight tis only me...
Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:44 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Also remember that the fish are not just in the exact place inidcated by the arrow. You have to search all over Lake Rumaire for them. This was a somewhat tedious quest for me too. The arrow in this case only points to the general location ...
Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:30 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I did finally finish this quest, after I got a water breathing spell. What I noticed was the fish were sometimes jumping OUT of the sea bed!! Obviously they were spawning under the bed which is why they were impossible to find until I swam right over the spawn point and they jumped out!! A little buggy I think.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:08 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

And here you can see exactly what's causing the problem - just look at those teeth!

Here's my two cents...

After several vain attempts to try to outwit those damn rumare slaughterfish i noticed they would almost always follow once they had their first bite so i decided to experiment. It's quite easy to swing the melee weapon whilst swimming backwards (but not too fast) kind of back - stop - back - stop, this entices the fish to follow in an almost straight line. It isn't possible to see below the reflective waterline - but there's no need to see the fish because the focus object name becomes highlighted at any time the fish is at weapon striking distance. After testing this out, i went for the whole-hog and successfully slaughtered the full twelve slaughterfish in one go without looking at any one of them in the eye, had to cast minor heal a few times to top the health bar up.
Post Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:33 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

i just managed to get this game playable 2 days ago and so far it looks pretty cool except for all the random crashes thats really putting a strain on my F5 key

but anyway i was just outt exploreing and i came a cross this quest too and spend most of yesterday swimming around for fishies only manageing to find ONE tiny little one .. this seem quite odd since remembering from morrowind it was nearly impossible to swim 5 feet without getting harasted by these things

however i gave it another shot just now and i think i've figured it out
the green arrow doesnt just point you in a general direction but does infact point you to a single fish's location and im guessing that since thess are "quest fish" they'll only spawn once you've killed the beforehand marked fish .. basicly meaning that theres only one fish in the lake at a time

also the newly spawned fish seem to be quite far apart so sticking around in the same place after a kill is kinda pointless

in any case just following the green arrow has gotten me an addtional 10 fishies + 1 random crash in the last 5 mins so its seems to work

also i dont know about the seabed spawning since so far most of the fish has been somewhere near the surface but with their greenish colour they're mostly impossible to see in the murky waters

on a side note i dont know if it effects anything but im playing the downloaded version from direct2drive .. might be abit diffrent from the retail version .. but i figure the basics of the quest are the same
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:04 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2