Plugin Ideas
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Plugin Ideas

Maybe it sounds weird, but I'd like to know what plugin do you like? If possible, give some ideas about plugins, etc
Post Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:01 pm
SecretMaster
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well, I can't tell you my idea, because once I've mastered the TES construction set, I'm planning to submit work to that Tamriel continent thing. And i don't want it stolen, but here are a few ideas.

What I'd like to see is more military action from the Imperial Legion quests. I'd just like to go on guard duty, and patrol and area and make something interesting happen. I'd love to have the ability to arrest people doing illegal activities in town, which would be added.

Hmm, another thing i would enjoy added into morrowind is food meals, and a restaurant, like in daggerfall; you could choose from stew, to gruel, soup, so many possibilities.

Ability to join Daedra cults, and worshipp bad daedra.

Buying houses. They never added this into morrowind, and i haven't played bloodmoon yet, so if you can, don't spoil me.

Buying ships would be neat.

Busier harbors/ports. I'd like to see ships come into seyda neen and ebonhart more often. I'd also enjoy being able to join the east empire company, or a business guild where you have to make offers with people. Not thieves entirely, but you do merchandising, trying to find clients to buy east empire goods.

A real estate guild/agency. Try to sell houses to people. Plus, when you achieve 20sales (sales instead of ranks, no ranks and no skills needed, well, perhaps personality, speechcraft, and mercantile) you get a free house.

Cities with more life. I am one of those people that wants lots of housing, lots of people. Gives the world flavor. And, if someone dies, have another person replace them, so there are really no ghostowns if you decide to go on a killing spree.

Banks, and the ability to rob em. Hehehe

Need more ideas???
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:48 am
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster
Well, I can't tell you my idea, because once I've mastered the TES construction set, I'm planning to submit work to that Tamriel continent thing. And i don't want it stolen, but here are a few ideas.

What I'd like to see is more military action from the Imperial Legion quests. I'd just like to go on guard duty, and patrol and area and make something interesting happen. I'd love to have the ability to arrest people doing illegal activities in town, which would be added.

Hmm, another thing i would enjoy added into morrowind is food meals, and a restaurant, like in daggerfall; you could choose from stew, to gruel, soup, so many possibilities.

Ability to join Daedra cults, and worshipp bad daedra.

Buying houses. They never added this into morrowind, and i haven't played bloodmoon yet, so if you can, don't spoil me.

Buying ships would be neat.

Busier harbors/ports. I'd like to see ships come into seyda neen and ebonhart more often. I'd also enjoy being able to join the east empire company, or a business guild where you have to make offers with people. Not thieves entirely, but you do merchandising, trying to find clients to buy east empire goods.

A real estate guild/agency. Try to sell houses to people. Plus, when you achieve 20sales (sales instead of ranks, no ranks and no skills needed, well, perhaps personality, speechcraft, and mercantile) you get a free house.

Cities with more life. I am one of those people that wants lots of housing, lots of people. Gives the world flavor. And, if someone dies, have another person replace them, so there are really no ghostowns if you decide to go on a killing spree.

Banks, and the ability to rob em. Hehehe

Need more ideas???

Ok! But most of the things you said are done.
1-There're hundreds of plugins that change stuff for imperial legion.
2-About arresting, that may be quite interesting & easy to do, but what will happen? You just talk to someone & tell him he's arrested? Just that?
3-About the meals, I never played Daggerfall, so can you explain a little more?
4-Daedra cults... Bad Idea. It won't fit in the story. As you're a Nerevarine...
5-Houses, This have been done!
6-Ships, buying, For what?
7-In Bloodmoon you can join East Empire Company.
8-Ports, good, I'll try!
9-Agency, Done.
10-Life, done, the recent mod "Muggers" is cool for that!
11-Real Estate... Done!
12-Banks, done!

P.S. Yes, I need more ideas.
P.S.S. If you want some cool plugins, visit the Morowind summit
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:41 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by ~NOBODY~
2-About arresting, that may be quite interesting & easy to do, but what will happen? You just talk to someone & tell him he's arrested? Just that?

You get told by the local police chief about a crime that's been committed (breaking and entering, theft, assault etc) and need to locate the perpetrator. You gather some evidence (an item from their house that belongs to the victim, positive identification by the victim etc) and confront them with it. After making them admit that they're guilty you then need to lead them to the local fort for arrest.

If they attempt to escape you have to capture them, either by knocking them out (when they wake up, continue your journey to the fort) or by killing them (local police chief won't be impressed, you don't get your pay, but no bounty comes of it).

How about that?
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:34 am
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Hmm... Maybe its'll be interesting. But leading people to a fort will get boring, so it would be interesting to add an option when you pay a guard so he leads the arrested for you.
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:39 pm
SecretMaster
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Wow, never realized all of these were done.

As for my arresting idea, cfm pretty much sumarized it. And, you can also catch people in the act when you are off duty. And leading them back, how about you just take them to the nearest guard or something, or, once you leave the building/area, they are gone.

Also, you could have raids, like in real life. Have skooma raids, where you bust in on a huge skooma/moon sugar operation. Raid small daedric cults, Talos cults (anti emperor people FYI) sixth house cults. There would of course be other guards, but you would be the captain of the raid.
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:15 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

I began with the plugin, but I can't work too much, because I have exams now. Anyway, I hope I'll do it!
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:49 pm
SecretMaster
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Ok, have fun dude. Unfortunately, I won't be able to see the product if you host it somewhere, because a 56k can't handle anything over 5mb, or else it takes 3 hrs. Last time i tried a 10mb thing, it was literatly a 5-6hr download.
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:15 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Luckily, I don't think that it will be more than 1MB. Even less if Compressed. BTW: I also have 56kbps, but If I need something VERY much. I still get it, even if it was 20MB(like "Dotnetredist", Microsoft net framework.)
Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:26 pm
SecretMaster
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hey wow, thats gotta be the first time the pic of moment was for bloodmoon.

Goodluck anyways!!!
Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:29 pm