Black Isle Studios: More Denial from Interplay
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Black Isle Studios: More Denial from Interplay

The Black Isle/Fallout 3 saga continues with Interplay's investor relations department contacting IGN with <a href="http://pc.ign.com/articles/446/446776p1.html?fromint=1" target="_blank">their spin</a>:<blockquote><em>Which brings us up to our new guest star, Interplay's investor relations department, with their official denial of the stories. "For the record," says Interplay, "Black Isle Studios remains open with projects pending, the status of Fallout 3 is under review, and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel will ship on January 13."</em></blockquote>Proof is offered in the form of the argument that Interplay is a publicly traded company and no announcement has been made.
<br>
<br>Yup. Remember we have several posts from the now ex-developers in the Van Buren team, including Damien Foletto who said "Today was my last day at the (former) BIS, as it was for my whole team". It seems most unlikely Fallout 3 "is under review" when the entire team has been let go (bar two people).</em></blockquote>
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:04 pm
Saint_Proverbius
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

It's under review, much like the dinosaurs are under review by mother nature.
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:05 pm
araczynski
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i don't know why the garbage at the top of interplay is still around, they're complete idiots in terms of management and vision, always managing to somehow sh*t on their own shoes and then grin about it like some prepubescent "woot" wanker.
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:56 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I think they have received some offers from potential Fallout buyers. In such case no one will say "But of course my friends I want to sell. How much are You willing to pay?". Interplay plays to achieve better price. Of course another possibility exists - all the menagers are schizophrenics.
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:04 pm
Ozymandias
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

They're not fooling me and you and they are certainly not fooling potential buyers.

Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible for anything whatsoever as a result of you reading this post.
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:33 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

They are most certainly not fooling anyone.
They are definately crazy. btw, they would have achieved a better effect if they have admitted the whole thing straight away or said nothing at all.
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:07 pm