Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
F.A.Q - Released (Including cheats & walkthrough)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

So here is my contribution to the Gothic Community

This FAQ contains a complete Walkthrough, and have notes for all the camps, and strategies to finish the game as a Warrior, Mage or Ranger.

It contains tips about fighting with melee weapons, and using spells...

Hints, Tips, 'Behind the Scenes' information, spell-tables, list of skills/attributes, Armors & Weapons, Cheatcodes etc...

If you have any comments, or anything you want to add, tell me.

http://jemym.no-ip.com/Gothic-FAQ-10.txt

Best Regards
JemyM

[ This Message was edited by: JemyM on 2001-12-19 08:24 ]
Post Wed Dec 19, 2001 2:24 pm
Umbrood
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Nice Jemy, you have truely earned your sleep now I wish you sweet dreams.

It is very well done and have all the info anyone could ever want, kudos to ya.

Alltough I disagree very strongly on one point, this migth just be about style of play but. My advice to everyone is, SPEND Skillpoints, hunt and lvl madly early on as it will get real easy real fast as well as making you really comfortable with the controls. It is a bit tedious but I believe I was lvl 23 when chapter 2 started, master in one hand and got scars sword as soon as I joined OC, I had the points to go to circle3 at once. Needless to say I was pretty damn invincible at this point in the game, getting 70 in str for the sword is a bit steep though, 100 points all in all to get it on, and that is without rings and amulets.
Everyone should do this, regardless if you are to ba a mage or not, as well as equippping the crossbow of war. This means you are fully equipped at the start of chapter 3, xcept for armor, from now on you can put all points into circles and mana and str/dex. I did not spend one second hunting after I reached chapter 3 and I finished the game as lvl 39. And there was few things that could offer me any kind of resistance.

I found the Ringbug in chapter5, then life got real easy

Yours
Umbrood

Post Thu Dec 20, 2001 2:08 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Umbrood
-------

There are two things in consideration that I have when saving skillpoints.

The primary things of the two is replay value.
If you save loads of skillpoints, and save just before you reach the alternative "wich camp should I choose", and also "Shall I become a Guard or a Fire Mage", you will be able to quickly load that save after finishing the game with your first character, and dont be forced to redo all the boring stuff once again.

I am 'producing' a such save at the moment. This save will be sent to the Gothic sites as a "Quickstart - Save", where I have earned as many skillpoints as possible before swapping chapters or spent any skillpoints at all. At the moment I have reached 100 Skillpoints without spending any at all.

If you replay the game, and can start with a character with 100 skillpoints you can:

Buy Master 1h and 80 in strength
Buy Master Bow and 80 in Dexterity
Buy Circle 4 in Magic and 40 in Mana (or save the remaining 30 for Circle 5).

And then join any camp, and start from there.

The secondary things of the two, is to instantly become a good Mage when you get that option. It costs a total of 70 points to reach the 4th circle, you need to save an additional 70 points to reach the 6th circle, and you also want some points to spend in Mana.

I have also finished the game (uh... Yes I did, really =o) ) and I reached Level 38 with my mage, 36 with my Warrior.

-------------------
My Warrior was Master of 2h (100 points) & Crossbow (30 points), trained up to 100 in Strength & Dexterity (180 points).

If you calculate it together, I spent points for a total of 31 levels to reach that point. The rest was spent in stuff like Sneaking, Acrobatics & Picklock.
-------------------
My Mage was Circle 6 in Magic (140 points), and master in bow. I was trained up to 50 in strength (40 points, useless), 50 in Dexterity (40 points, useless) and 100 in Mana (90 points),
Master in bow (30 points, useless)

If you calculate it together you also get about 34 levels of skillpoints. The rest was also spent in stuff like sneaking, picklock etc.
-------------------

With this introduction I want to declare one thing - You cannot be a master warrior and a master mage in one session, unless you reach about Level 50 or so, wich is almost impossible in this game since there are not so many quests to do and monsters to kill.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Thu Dec 20, 2001 3:15 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
With this introduction I want to declare one thing - You cannot be a master warrior and a master mage in one session, unless you reach about Level 50 or so, wich is almost impossible in this game since there are not so many quests to do and monsters to kill.

Itīs possible to become a circle 6 mage and a very strong -but dumb- warriormage. If you invest all the points you can in strength you will have the necessary punch in melee combat when you need it.

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2001-12-20 16:31 ]
Post Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:27 pm
Sveinung
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

This FAQ is very good and very long!
Post Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:48 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Gorath
------
Maybee if you maximize, but normally you spread the points on many different things, like thiefskills etc.

Sveinung
--------
Thanks =)

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Fri Dec 21, 2001 9:12 am
Umbrood
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This is how my hero ended the game.

oneshot skills:
sneak
acro

trained:
lockpick
pickpocket

master:
1hand
Crossbow

6th circle mage

700 in mana/str/dex <-- due to a bug, no idea how much points spent on thoose, 150 points there in any case, this bug occured in end of chapter 4 and I fougth alsmost everything with the occasional use of a neato spell, firestorm mostly, for multiple enemies. And did real ok as warriormage, cant really say how I would have managed the end without that massive str, prolly ok as few things could hit me it would just take a bit longer.

I did take the rune instead of sword so that last bit was not so much fun, took some real strategy to clear the end, speed potions help a lot as they give you time to run a bit and use the urizrune.

All in all, I was a kickass mage as well as figther, even without the above mentioned bug.

Yours
Umbrood
Post Fri Dec 21, 2001 1:49 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Hijacking bugs, is not an averages Hero's way to reach ascension.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Fri Dec 21, 2001 2:39 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2001-12-21 08:39, JemyM wrote:
Hijacking bugs, is not an averages Hero's way to reach ascension.

Best Regards
JemyM

I agree
I am average Hero reaching ascension
Post Sat Dec 22, 2001 7:06 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

'your average hero'

I just love the way the main character speaks to the undead shamans... Might be the most memorable lines from a main character to an antagonist in any game ever. =o)

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sun Dec 23, 2001 7:17 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

I just love the way the main character speaks to the undead shamans... Might be the most memorable lines from a main character to an antagonist in any game ever. =o)

Best Regards
JemyM

Why donīt you share your memory with me? What does he say in the English version?
Post Sun Dec 23, 2001 8:04 pm