Holy Pajamas! Everyone's NAKID!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
sega_avenger
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Holy Pajamas! Everyone's NAKID!

Well you see I have this dilema. My brother - as a joke downloaded the 'make all females naked' patch/mod/thingy. I quested to destroy this dastardly add-on after confronting the landowner's wife's abstract choice of clothing.

I have deleted all files associated with the mod, but alas, they're naked - if anyone can help me solve this problem - I'll be greatly in gratitude. (and as a side note - can't reinstall, no disks - clumsy me)

Thanks for reading - hope you guys can help!
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:12 pm
Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: Holy Pajamas! Everyone's NAKID!

quote:
Originally posted by sega_avenger
can't reinstall, no disks - clumsy me)

No disks - no clothed women.
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:45 pm
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

That's just plain hilarious

If it wasn't so late i would say you made my day !
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:15 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm.. never actually heard anyone have a similar problem, you might want to try the tech forum, would be a greater chance of anyone helping you there(Gorath/Jaz will probably move it).

Welcome to the forums btw! If you want to know something about G3 while waiting, check out the G3 forum(the real treat is in the news thread - a video of our hero fighting in G3).

Also, I have to add something, and I'm really sorry about this but here goes: Your problem is the funniest problem I've heard about in a long time, hehehe.
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:17 pm
sega_avenger
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Why, thank you you guys, I'm flattered that you had found my predicament so very entertaining, but I seem to still be plagued by this most 'revealing' of problems. I'll ask around, I'll have another go and finding the naked patches and I'll try to recover them thar disks. Thanks for the 'support'! And thank you Maylander, I feel welcomed.

BTW, just as another question, does anyone know of a good empty house in Gothic 2 that I can claim my own for the meantime, you know to store things in and sleep in when I am nearby - you know to make it all seem more real.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:22 am
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:

BTW, just as another question, does anyone know of a good empty house in Gothic 2 that I can claim my own for the meantime, you know to store things in and sleep in when I am nearby - you know to make it all seem more real.

Welcome to the forum, sega_avenger !

Well, perhaps you can use the old light tower for your needs but you'll first have to kill the bandits sneaking around. The only clincher is that it's a little bit off the beaten track. In chapter 3 you will be given a house in the upper town of khorinis if i'm not mistaken.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:01 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
you know to store things in.

Your inventory is limitless, and I suggest you keep everything "on" you....ya never know when you might need something.

If you think you will never need an item, you can drop it on the ground, or put it in any chest you come across......but I keep EVERYTHING in my inventory.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:33 pm
sega_avenger
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I know it's limitless and thanks for the heads up on getting a house in Ch3. I really wanted one to call my own 'base' if you will. I do it to everyone of my games (practically). In fallout it's a room in the vault which is empty and has lots of footlockers, in Morrowind it's some guy's house in Khul (I'm always there) and even in Sonic Adventure I have spent time around certain adventure fields (Future sonic games need adventure fields, they were awesome). I know it's kind of sad, but I try to make games (even non-rpgs) more life-like.

I found the problem with the naked patch. I thought I deleted the files, but I have recently discovered that he had copied them elsewhere, and I apparantly deleted the wrong ones. All's fine now! No disks needed!

And now I have yet another glorious question to ask you delightful people;
Can i resurrect dead NPCs? Because I kinda lured the magic golem to the farm to see what would happen, then I went away for some time, to carry on with a little task. I saved during my excursion (in my normal save and back-up-in-case-i-make-a-stupid-save file), then returned to find three dead farmers in the fields.

Please help me with this task of exhaulted necromancy!
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:13 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:

And now I have yet another glorious question to ask you delightful people;
Can i resurrect dead NPCs? Because I kinda lured the magic golem to the farm to see what would happen, then I went away for some time, to carry on with a little task. I saved during my excursion (in my normal save and back-up-in-case-i-make-a-stupid-save file), then returned to find three dead farmers in the fields.

Lad that was such a stupid and fun thing to do .I have to try that one some day!

I'm not sure of this, but maybe you could try to revive them in marvin mode.Maybe someone who knows how to do this will explain . I have never tried it myself.
Post Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:42 pm
Talox
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
Hmm.. never actually heard anyone have a similar problem

Ha, thats because if someone installs the nude patch they usually dont wanna get rid of it, unless it was by accident/a joke which it would seem to be in this case.

BTW I'm new, can i get a welcome
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:03 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Welcome to the forums Talox!

I installed the nude patch once. I wanted to see if you'd have to stare at the hero's butt the whole game. Alas it only affects the female characters.

I always use the tavern for my home base. There are chests in the rooms to put all your unwanted keys and papers. You can sell all your unwanted gear to Orlan. And you get a teleportation rune for the place.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:01 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Welcome Talox!

If you want a house, just play as a Fire Magician. You will get your own, fancy room in the Monastery if you do.

Also, a house you can use is the brothel at the docks - easy access(through teleport, just like the tavern), and you're in the middle of town. Besides, it's got women! Only bad thing about it is that Khorinis usually takes 3 minuttes to load when you teleport into it. The tavern is a much easier place to teleport to in that regard.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:36 am
Talox
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
And now I have yet another glorious question to ask you delightful people;Can i resurrect dead NPCs? Because I kinda lured the magic golem to the farm to see what would happen, then I went away for some time, to carry on with a little task. I saved during my excursion (in my normal save and back-up-in-case-i-make-a-stupid-save file), then returned to find three dead farmers in the fields.

Yes you can. Using marvin mode switch to thier body using 'o' then access the console and type ch f (cheat full) then strafe (left or right doesnt really matter).
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:09 am
freekling@gmail.com
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

pressing f8 will give them full life and stand them up right easier. None of the cheat full strafeing business.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:36 am