Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Where can I get the latest Bloodmoon patch?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Where can I get the latest Bloodmoon patch?

Where can I get it , the links in another thread of this forum don't work as well as the official site.

Help me someone!!!!!
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:54 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

The links work fine - maybe the site was down temporarily?

Try again: http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32695
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:42 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Thanx, now they worked fine . But it's strange...
Post Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:59 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah, the official site is a little flakey to say the least. Always has been, probably always will!
Post Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:12 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

A new problem is that the patches themselves didn't work for me , they say that morrowind.exe is corrupt .

P.S. It's not a pirate copy , but it's a russian version.
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:25 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

What's the exact error message, and when do you get it?

• When you try to open the zip archive? (incomplete - re-download)
  • When you execute the patch program? (CRC error - re-download)
  • When the patch program attempts to update the executables? ()
  • When you attempt to run the game? (patch failed, reinstall and re-run)

Are you using the American or European version of the patch? Take a look at the spine of your box - if it has the UbiSoft logo you need the European patch, otherwise you need the American one.
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:39 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

When I try to patch the game. It patches .esm files and readme etc. But when it reaches morrowind.exe it stops & displays the message: "Wasn't able to locate morrowind.exe , however the file with the same name exists but as the contents don't match it'll not be patched."

Edit: My CD Box doesn't have the ubisoft logo, but I tried both the american & the European versions.
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:56 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Eh, hmm. You could be totally screwed here, but you could be okay. Seems to depend on the stars.

• Backup your save games (/Save directory), screenshots (*.bmp) etc.
  • Uninstall TES Construction Set.
  • Uninstall Morrowind.
  • Reboot.
  • Now disable any anti-virus software, anything that monitors or updates the hard disk (system monitors etc).
  • Install Morrowind and TES Construction Set.
  • Install Tribunal (if you have it).
  • Install Bloodmoon (if you have it).
  • Run the appropiate patch (European if you have UbiSoft-branded packaging, American otherwise. Note: I know of no exceptions to this rule, but if it fails you may want to redo all this with the other patch).

If it fails with messages like you posted on any of the ES* or EXE files, you have problems. Tech support mentioned to me that the patch may take several minutes to complete - if your patch completes in <10 seconds, you have problems.

Open up the game, enter the menu and check the version number at the bottom of the screen matches the patch version. If the patch process kicks up any errors, or the version number doesn't match... sorry. Contact Bethesda tech support for American patch problems, or UbiSoft tech support for European patch problems. And pray.

FWIW, my Morrowind has now been broken for over two months. I ran into a bug that stopped my progress, but the patch fixes the bug - hurrah! Unfortunately, the patch *does not work* on my system. Bethesda support told me it wasn't their problem. UbiSoft support didn't respond for weeks, finally gave me some advice (which I'd already covered in my email to them), then got a bit stuck. I spent a whole day gathering information, reinstalling everything while logging file sizes etc, so they can run through the process themselves and see when the EXE contents differ - should be a trivial job. But I got notification that the issue had been passed to 2nd line support, and have heard nothing more. That was one month ago yesterday.

I love Morrowind (wouldn't be doing this job otherwise), I love what Bethesda have produced in the past, and look forward to what they produce in the future. But from what I've seen Bethesda tech support are a bunch of jobsworths - forget about going the last mile, these guys won't show you to the starting line - and UbiSoft tech support seem incapable to do the simplest tasks, and just plain ignore you and hope you'll go away when they get stuck. Which is a shame.

(Views expressed are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of RPGDot - or any RPGDot administrators and moderators - in any way.)
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:45 am
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

I have already done all that you suggest. the problem as I understand it, is that my version is RUSSIAN, so it finds morrowind.exe slightly changed... The version didn't change though.

Thanx anyway...

P.S. I just don't understand why did they bother to do European & American versions... I think it's easier to do one version and give it to Bethy & Ubi the same. It would make it easier to make patches and stuff...
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:30 pm