NOTR: Ornaments or Nefarius?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

NOTR: Ornaments or Nefarius?

I have a small problem. In my questbook it's written Nefarius needs some kind of ornament to open the portal, but I have no idea what these are?
Are they chapter related also?
Can someone help me out a little, with as little spoilers as possible?
Post Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:56 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Nefarius should have given you a map with the locations of the ornament. Otherwise go back to the dig site and talk to Saturas and Nefarius to get that map after all.
Post Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:36 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I don't have the map, is it possible, it's because I went without Lares?

EDIT: Or maybe, do I need a map or does Nefarius give me one?

Because no one has anything important to say to me from the Water Mages.
Post Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:18 pm
ZiGz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Same here Pladio. None of the mages has anything to say to me. i learned the language of the constructors, talked to Nefarius and i have that ornament quest in my quest log, but i did not receive a map.
I too did not go with Lares, i wandered over there by myself.
When i return from the prison colony valley i am going to go back to the dig site. if he still doesn't give me the map, im going to try entering marvin mode, pressing o to take control of the npc, then see if he has the map in his inventory. if so i'll drop it on the ground then warp back into my character and pick up the map. i hate to do it that way but im not sure how else i could do it....

press C to open your character menu, then type marvin and press C again to exit back. make sure the marvin keys aren't bound to anything that exits the character screen.
Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:49 am
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Even if you wanderer by yourself there, I did that too, it's strange the you succeed bring the first part of the ring to nefarius because it's Lares that gives it to you. And it's when you gave the first ring part that you can get the map from Nefarius. And you can do that only if Vatras tell you to do so, so only if chapter 2 is started.

So are you sure both that you really gave to nefarius the first part of the ring? If you don't trigger well the quest you could have problem later.

Spoil follow if you seems blocked :
Spoiler:
That's simple, just go to the circle stone in the startup area if nobody wait here, there's something wrong.
Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:33 pm
ZiGz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey Pladio, i found out what the problem was. you need to go back to Lares and there should be a new dialogue option called OrnamentGetuahstavenbla with a bunch of german text after it. choose that and Lares will give you the first part of the ornament. Lares should be at the docks
if Lares does not have this dialogue option, i think you might have to manually insert the fragment in marvin mode. if this is the case respond and ill find the item code, ive seen it somewhere....
head up to the dig site and talk to Saturas, give him this first fragment, then go talk to Nefarius and mention you got the first fragment. if you dont have the dialogue option for Nefarius you may have to chat with Riorden and Merdarion, get a key from him. Nefarius will blab away and eventually give you a map! from there, you'll be able to get the rest of the fragments by following the map. good luck!
Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:31 am