Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
The mother (and father) of all tips, tricks & spoilers .
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Zekspir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The mother (and father) of all tips, tricks & spoilers .

Hi everyone . . .
Lemme explain the subject for a second . . . since I first started to read these forums (back when Gothic hit the market) I really wanted that someone should start a topic foo all to post their tips & tricks, spoilers, unusual locations, original ways to solve a quest and so on. I saw that it was tried with Gothic 1, but the topic died eventually. I am sorry if someone attempted to do this here, but the search function returned no results . . . so if it has been done before, close it. If not, please sticky it or something . Many users done what I said above but in numerous various other posts. This might be a more easier way to find those tricks, those spots in the Gothic world that elluded you each time you played the game (f.i. there is a cavern behind a waterfall in G1 - VoM - still present in G2, that I read about 1 year after I finished G1 at least 9 times . . . yeah, i`m a mad man . . . not much in it, but I was amazed that there were still tings to be found). I donno whether or not G2 (and add-on) is still alive . . . how many still play it. For one, I DO . . . and I really really really wanna find everything . . . NO MORE SECRETS.
Doesn`t matter whether you found the trick or not, give credit where credit is due and post the darn thing . . .doesn`t matter if you read about it - say it and post it . . . make this the ultimate spoiler experience for newcommers and diehard veterans alike . . .
Also, mention whether applies to NOTR also, or just G2 . . .
Post anything out of the ordinary, that is not bloody obvious

Since I started this, I will go first (go figure ). It was not discovered by me, yet it`s quite old and the name of the pioneer eludes me . . . nevertheless, great job, you wonderfull anonimous discoverer.

- So someone else found out an alternative to the alternative way to get into Khorinis.
Go round the city walls, to the right (you are faceing the gates) and keep going untill you reach the second gate (watch out for rats and if you play the addon, those damned wolves . . . even the rats will kill ya; stay glued to the wall, when you encounter the triangular shaped walls in fornt of you jus jump forward and while in mid jump move the mouse to the right and keep facing right; with a little luck and practice you will land on the other side or on beyond the middle section of that triangular wall protusion thingie and will not slip in the ditch but on the strip of land that follows the wall. OR JUST GET IN THE DITCH AND KILL EVERYTHING - harder to do in the addon) where Mika stands in front.
You can see a path going up a hill and (according to your hardware) a lighthouse (you will see it sooner or later). Now, here is the really tricky part . In G2 there are some scavangers there (easy to outrun or defeat one by one). In NOTR there is a wild boar (they sence you from a greater distance than scavengers and attack after 2 seconds) which I could not defeat no matter what (tried even magic scrolls, no luck; ran like hell to Mika and the guard but the goddamn pig is faster downhill than me ). So, stop at a safe distance (around the middle of the path, do not go higher or the boar might charge) and SAVE. In your inventory there is a snapperweed (form Xardas tower, the lower chambers - there are some plants on the benches including this one ). Eat it for a 15 second sprint and (duuuh) run like hell to the top of the path. When you reach it, turn left at once (so that the light house is now on you right and you are running on a small strip of land that has a big fall to the left and tha light house on the right).
In front of you there are some trees and a small rocky formation - your target . Run towards it and when you reach it, you will see that the leftmost part of these rocks can be climbed/walked over (if in G2 stand near and jump; in addon you can walk over ). Go left on the narrow rocky formation that starts to descend. You will see the city wall. Drop on it, drop on the rocks in the corner made by the wall with the above mentioned rocky cliff and than jump in the water (you will be near the entrance to the sewers). Swim into habour, talk to Lares and 500 XP .
Get out of town through the gate you originaly were supposed to enter and try to enter the city again. Pose as a farmer (or show 10 herbs if in addon - since I gave the clothes to that pirate dude near the farm and the gate) for another 50 XP.

- In G1, on the way to the Merc Camp and the Mine of the Old Camp, there is a small river (in G2 VOM - where the mercs are in chapter 5), with a waterfall (still exists in G2 + addon). Behind this waterfall there is a small cave with a chest and some goodies. (not mine )

- behind Xardas tower there are 2 scrolls and a potion (I found this out on my own, read obout it later in a FAQ). Get on top of the tower facing the path to the lake (and Khorinis beyond), save, jump on the small ledge near the tower , jump again, go to the left on the rocky path, near a tree there is a skeleton with the abovementioned goodies. Gotta time the jump just right cause if you miss the first one and land directly on the roof (second jump) you will die.

- dunno if anyone found it out and posted it so far. It is possible to enter the Mages Monastery without paying the 1k and sheep, due to a wonderfull design glitch . As you face the gates, on the left of the bridge you can see a small strip of land (ok, you are on the bridge and face the gates ). Jump on it and keep jumping to the left untill you run out of walls (then start jumping right ). You will end up on a small strip of rock, surrounded by unclimbable rock formations and with the wall aof the monestary near you. Go to the leftmost corner of the monastery yard (imagine yourself on the bridge facing the gates). There, face the wall and jump. You will climb it and drop in the yard. Pillage, burn them , kill the men, take the wom . . sheeps . .erm, forget it. Locpick chests, talk to anyone but do not talk to Pirokar as it will screw up the game.
Getting out is a bit tricky. Must line with the columns that have a small protuberance at their base, jump (you will climb on the small protuberance) and the quickly jump again (and cling to the roof . . . walk over it, as you entered and go back the way you came in or just jump in the water )

More as I will remember them and hopefully as you will post`em . . .
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:39 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

There have been a few attempts at a thread like this. Gorath was putting something together, but I have'nt seen anything posted from him yet. It would be nice if someone took the time and correlated all the tips into one document. I don't mean a walkthrough, I mean something with every possible thing to do or find, and different ways to do them. But that ain't gonna happen. The Gothic series simple has too much.

You do know you can simply strafe past the guards...don't you? It works for any guard.
The cave you mentioned is not the only cave on that small river, but it is the only one with goodies in it in G2 or NOTR. Another cave is in front of the castle. It has goodies in G1.

I'm not saying you got the things around Xardas' tower the hard way, but I know a way that does not involve any tricky jumping. To the right of the tower there is a cliff face, but there IS a spot you can easily climb. Just climb up and go get the stuff, then walk back out.

Some things might interest you here: http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=313030&highlight=

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:53 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I made a thread like this once, let me see if I can find it. Had quite a lot of stuff in it.

Edit: I found it.
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=194904&highlight=

I should really update that one, it was good in fact. I see a few misstakes I've made, but most of it is still accurate.

Also, I support threads like this, because it makes it easier to locate the goodies. Just like the walkthrough-spoiler thread with lots of maps:
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=475512&highlight=lance#475512
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:14 am
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

You can NOt strafe - sneak behind the guards who keeps you out of the upper quorter.The only easy way I found to get into the upper quorter was t osummmon a goblin skeleton infront of the guards and go inside while they were thrying to kill the goblin skeleton.
Post Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:21 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
You can NOt strafe - sneak behind the guards who keeps you out of the upper quorter.The only easy way I found to get into the upper quorter was t osummmon a goblin skeleton infront of the guards and go inside while they were thrying to kill the goblin skeleton.

Yes you CAN strafe. Turn 90 degrees to your right while standing in front of the guards.........hold the A key and run past them. The guards will go through the normal STOP routine, but go very far before you stop. They will grumble but not come after you.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:53 pm
Zekspir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, there is an easier way to get in . . . but you must know how to sneak. Enter the courtyard, avoid the paladins, go to the corner of the building (the one opposite to whatshisname paladin who stands inside the house and reads non stop ). Sneak, keep bracing the wall and you can go behind the paladin guards . . .enter and loot . . . Oh, yes, almost forgot about it . . . MUST BE NIGHT TIME too .

Also, think I posted this one a looong time ago, but . . . erm, nevermind here it goes:
when it comes to pickpocket
- child`s play ~ 15 dex needed
- easy ~ 25 dex (28 I think for Lehmar`s ledger and 26 for Pablo`s key)
- simple ~ 30 to 40 dex
- risky ~ 49 to 60 dex (above 60 dex for Jhehandar ?!? or what is the name - pirates and bandits
- difficult ~ 70 dex (EDITED - just 2 or so people can be pickpocketed w. 70+ so far (78 to be more exact), it s 80 required for difficult
- damn difficult ~ 90

As a rule, each stage is in increments of 10 to 15 dex but certain characters almost need the dex required by the next stage (see Lahmar, Pablo, Zuris etc)
So child`s play start at 10 (but most require 15), Easy at 20 (most require at least 25), 30 (35 ) and so on . . .

EDITED - okidoki, just doublechecked it as I finished the addonworld last night (still sleepy ) so now it seems that to be on the safe side, stages now go form 15 to 15 (just a handfull of people can be pickpocketed below *5 - i.e. 15, 25, 35, 45 and so on . . .)

Last edited by Zekspir on Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:06 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

theres an easier way of getting those 500xp by not talking with the gate guards.Go to the gates where you r supposed to enter and then go into that hole or whatever it is bellow the bridge.Anyway.THen jump on to the other side and stick to the wall as much as oyu can and just walk behind the 2 guards and then lothar will stop you and the game will go on.

If your a merc and buster gives oyu that q in ch4 for bringing him shadowbeast horns.Well bring as many as oyu got and then kick his ass and rob him of those horns and do it over and over again and youll have infinitev money and xp.

this is a very dirty glitch so here goes.1. get some pernament potions of whatever and dont drink them.Then find some beast that wont kill you in like a million years.And open you inventory and when the beast hits oyu at the same time oyu drink that pernament potion and it will raise whatever it should and it will come back to your invo as if it was never drank.
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:38 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Kamahl
If your a merc and buster gives oyu that q in ch4 for bringing him shadowbeast horns.Well bring as many as oyu got and then kick his ass and rob him of those horns and do it over and over again and youll have infinitev money and xp.

In NotR you will only get money for it, you can still beat him up and take the horns back, but it's not as useful as it was before.
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:58 pm
Zekspir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Pehaps more a of a fun facts rather than tricks, but here it goes nontheless - for G2 w. addon:

Most of the potions, drinks, reefers & stuff you make (or pick) are safe to use w. minimal side-effect and with some rather strange bonuses . . . the bonuses are (so far) given only once (you may use the same drink again but it won`t do nothing except the side effects ):

- Fast Herring (the drink)- can you say wrroooooooooooooooooooooom (about 1 minute of speed) , i seem to recall I used it twice and got "the wrrooom" twice, I will double check tonight (so this may be an exception)
- Lou`s hammer - + 1 mana (one shot deal)
- Lou`s double hammer (slow motion every time, for you and the others - Max Payne baby )
- The potion for Fortuno - +500 XP (if it`s safe to drink it - i.e . you know about the stingers - I will try to make another one - a third one - and see if i can use it w. Ignaz - Miguels former teacher - perhaps I can restore his memory too ?)
- Green Novice - hey, guess what - +5 Xp and a major headache (kinda familiar , isn`t it ?) . . . nice touch here . . .though I rather had a dreamcall for the mana bonus
- Black Mushrooms - (very old one) +5 mana for each 50 mushrooms eaten (i think I ate some 300 mushrooms so far, my finger hurts from the clicky - clicky . . . mouse in pain too )
- Apples (very old one too) - +1 str. for 25 apples (also repetitive bonus -just checked)
- Black ore - (old) - say the Matrix (you fast, them frozen )

Last edited by Zekspir on Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:02 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

The apple bonus is also repetitive in the addon. And as far as anybody knows only black mushrooms and apples will give you bonusses.
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:01 pm
Zekspir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

We, found some doozies this time . . . dunno if they could be classified as new or known trick but . . .

1. After killing Raven be sure to also tell Greg about it - +1000XP (and some cash i think)

2. 2 funny bonuses (so far) - when you first fall from great heights on your back - +100 XP Stunt bonus (i got it when i jumped in the ravine in the cave where a pirate in the addon world tells you his friend fell through - don`t remember the name of the pirate)
- +500 Xp Nostalgia Bonus (in VoM if you take Diego and walk up to the lake where you are thrown in at the beginning of G1 ). If you stop at the mine exit (before the lake) you don`t get it. So go with Diego to the lake, without going to near to the mine exit and you will get the bonus . . . plus, you will later find Diego near the mine exist and get another +500 XP for completing the quest

3. Party (nope, not that kind of party - a killing party ) - just tell Billgot to follow you and go to where Diego awaits w. the ore (since he refuses to go near paladin camps, dragon camps, orc camps or the old tomb where Angar`s amulet lies) an recruit him too . . . I cleaned the house . . . except the abovementioned locations. Not even 4 Orc warrior can put up a challange and i am still a very weak warrior - some 80 str./70 dex and some 42% 1H W w. a rapier . Just take extra care w. Billgot . . .even if he is not very strong he packs quite a punch but will go down fast. Diego will do most of the killing - an orc dies w. 2 arrows from his ow , after which he goes HtH. Just save a lot and make sure you give them potions. If Diego says stop, than stop - if you disregard he will not follow you further on the path (will follow if you get back to him) and you will be left w. billgot - the faithful dog tha doesn`t run away from danger )and subsequently dies - i lost him to the undead shadowbeast, as i ran back to Diego to save my ass he stayed to fight and died). Oh, yes do not go where the bandit camp used to be in G1 (you know troll and a camp full of bandits supposedly part of a cut quest ?) since there are some 8 dragon snapper that will make short work of all of you (2 dragonsnappers are not a problem - 6 will kill you).

4. Fun Fact (not entorely useless ) - The description from the bandit armour is quite accurate . . . while wearing it no bandit will attack - will even talk to you - " go away, get lost, whatever . . ." but will make you enemy number one if seen by another non -bandit NPC
Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:15 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Zekspir
2 funny bonuses (so far) - when you first fall from great heights on your back - +100 XP Stunt bonus (i got it when i jumped in the ravine in the cave where a pirate in the addon world tells you his friend fell through - don`t remember the name of the pirate)

That's not when you fall from great heights. It's specific for that "quest", it happens at no other place.
Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:57 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

The easiest way I have found to get the +500xp from Lares for sneaking into the Harbor City is to walk along the city wall (to your right when looking at the guards) and find the place where the wall is lowest and the ground highest (fairly close to the guards). If you try jumping you will just barely not be able to grab the top of the wall. To fix this, drop a Digger Meat plant at the base of the wall and then stand on it. Now you will be able to jump to the top of the wall and then jump down into the city.

I always make sure to have at least one Digger Meat with me as standing on it allows me to jump up to places I normally would not be able to.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:29 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

Gothic does indeed hide many secrets
many of them might not even be known yet seens its as if they just keep poping out of the blue every now and again
the cave behind the waterfall in the VoM being one of these .. think i had Gothic for 2 years before inoticed that .. and it wasnt untill a great time after that that i noticed the cave under the small hill in the river just out side the north of the old camp
and longer still before i found a small cave in the lake where xardas' sunken tower is
this one hasnt been mentioned here yet so i might add that its partly covered by the water line on the cliff face going up to the old citidel (fire dragon in G2 and addon) all 3 places should still be there in G2 as well as the addon

also in Gothic theres the thing where you can climb into open barrels like the one on your left when you enter the old camp
it wouldnt supprise me if theses barrels can still befound in G2 or NotR

another thing .. im not sure if this is in G2 or not but in Gothic it possible to start an unfinished throwing animation with some objects like when you for some reason get an arrow left over in your hand after useing a bow
i found it possible to make an item throwable from the inventory useing ctrl + right arrow key by editing the script .. how evere theres no range on it so after the animation the object just drops at your feet

and ofcause theres the message from the alien behind the orc wall in G2 and NotR but im sure you all knew that one aswell as the old car above the liebray in the addon world
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:56 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Have you found the tablet behind the waterfall? I know that is an easy one,but i never see it mentioned.

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:11 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next