View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Darth Mader
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by FlipMoeJack
Okay, I want to pray to the Innos statues for +1 STR, BUT I only want to do it after I maxed out STR. I have 90 STR right now. I can't get higher. I know Torlof will give it to me, but only after we sailed away from Khorinis right? So how will I be able to go back and pray for +1 STR bonuses?

Not at all - when you've sailed out of Khorinis' harbour you can't return.

So you'd better pray at once to earn STR. On Irdorath you'll encounter an Orcish general equipped with a ring that will give you -20 STR when put on. Because of this you should easily be able to learn some more STR (and then put the ring off again, of course, to get your 20 STR back )

Since I've never faced the English version of Gothic or Gothic II, I want to apologize for bumpy translations...
Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:32 pm
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Strength Maxing

Okay good idea. So I should pray for the the +1 STR now to hit 100 max. Then after receiving this Orcish General's ring I would wear it to decrease my STR to 80, I should then ask Torlof to increase my STR back to 100, take the ring off and use my 20 dragon root potions (Elixirs of Strength) to finish up my Strength maxing?
Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:38 pm
Darth Mader
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Exactly! That's it!
Thus you should become really dangerous...

You've learned how to brew strength-potions? Then don't forget to search dead elite orcs for further dragon roots, even when you've already travelled to Irdorath - aboard the paladin's ship you'll find an alchemy laboratory on the main deck to astern (is that the right word?) - well, anyway, in the back of the main deck

Since I've never faced the English version of Gothic or Gothic II, I want to apologize for bumpy translations...
Post Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:10 am
mariuss
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

So what are you going to do with all that strength? There's hardly any lightly
clad wimen around to impress, and in chapter 6 there's not much else to do that you couldn't already do ok with the 90 strength you came with.
The conclusion here is really that it's not worth raising your attributes to the extremes this way. Personally, when doing melee as the primary skill, I train up to 90 as this isn't hard doing in chapter 1, and after that start making use of all the boosters I can find. I still end up having close to 200
strength in the end either way.
Post Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:48 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

You can't go back..
Post Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:18 am
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Whats the point? One hit kills of course.

I am on this ship with 106 STR, plus the +15 STR Amulet which makes me 126 STR right now. I have 20 Elixir of Potions for 5 STR each, which will give me a total of 226 STR me thinks. Well so far. I have yet to decrease my STR with the Orcish General's Ring and ask Torlof to upgrade my STR.

So I think I will end the game with 240+ STR.

Makes me happy.
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:55 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

There is nothing left to kill once you get to the island (well, few skeletons and about 10 orcs). THe question is still valid. What's the point? To end up with 110 str in chapter 1, now that's useful. To come to the island with 110str and turn that into 240 str, is, IMHO, quite useless.
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:45 am
mariuss
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by MoonDragon
quote:

There is nothing left to kill once you get to the island (well, few skeletons and about 10 orcs). THe question is still valid. What's the point? To end up with 110 str in chapter 1, now that's useful. To come to the island with 110str and turn that into 240 str, is, IMHO, quite useless.

Yeap!!! Your're right!!!!
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:57 am
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by mariuss
So what are you going to do with all that strength? There's hardly any lightly
clad wimen around to impress, and in chapter 6 there's not much else to do that you couldn't already do ok with the 90 strength you came with.
The conclusion here is really that it's not worth raising your attributes to the extremes this way. Personally, when doing melee as the primary skill, I train up to 90 as this isn't hard doing in chapter 1, and after that start making use of all the boosters I can find. I still end up having close to 200
strength in the end either way.

If you are going to copy and paste from Ellusion's Gothic 2 Guide (http://www.ellusion.no/ellusion/), you should at least acknowledge your source and give them their due credit. It was amusing to see that you didn't even bother to correct Ellusion's typos.
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:28 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2