Members
Usergroups
Just a Thought
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Fallen Angel

Just a Thought

Ok here is my idea. Since you work so hard to get where you are in gothic I why in Gothic II should you have to go back. You could not suddenly lose the knowlage and power. I Think there should be some way to transfer what you did in I into II.

P.S. sorry about the spelling it never was my forta
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:51 am

Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

I agreed. But the game wouldn't be fun anymore if you are very strong at the beginning.

Or maybe it was because the Sleeper used his final energy to suck the power out of ya.

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:35 am
ZyanTundra
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I hope the Gothic 2 will explain why the main guy's power are lost.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:10 am
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

that will be VERY interesting, because you play as a character who likeley, if you played him right, will be a master in 1 hand and 2 hand swords, and xbows and bows, and circle 6 magic, master of thief skills, around 200 str, 150 dex, and 130 magic, at least... we are talking a GOD figure here... i wanna know what they are gonna do about that.

Don't you feel better now?
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:25 am
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

ShouldŽnt you be a little rust if you have been in the templae for 6 months and then suddenly gets out of there?
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:58 pm

Build from scratch

Actually I will be disappointed if you start Gohtic II as an experienced character. There's no fun in that for me. It's building your character and defeating beast x or monster y for the first time that keeps me coming back.

Build from scratch is the most fun for me.

A Guest
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:16 pm

Well It would be like you COULD import them somehow. If you did not want to you don't have to.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:24 pm

Yog Sothoth
The All in One
The All in One

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Well It would be like you COULD import them somehow. If you did not want to you don't have to.

I think it's the story itself that prevent to you your old character... you had passed SIX monthes in a collapsed cave... drinking only water and eating what? Bugs? Your armor? Your sword?
I don't think that you can survive... so it's just a miracle that happens to be a Gothic 2!
=Ex-Baron of the RPGDot Shadows=
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:38 pm
ZyanTundra
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Now I think about it, they "should" let us import character. Remember Gothic 1 only have lv1 and lv2 for each skill. Why don't they just add lv3 and lv4 in Gothic 2? oh well, too late.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 8:54 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by ZyanTundra
Now I think about it, they "should" let us import character. Remember Gothic 1 only have lv1 and lv2 for each skill. Why don't they just add lv3 and lv4 in Gothic 2? oh well, too late.
Beacuse then we are still to good. I want to build up a character. Not continue on another.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:01 pm
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

How about making the rest of the NPCs and monsters stronger? That way you won't feel that your character would be too powerful, but of course it wouldn't make sense that way.

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:41 pm
ZyanTundra
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well there will be stronger monster in Gothic 2 compare to Gothic. The biggest thing in Gothic 1 was a 3 tons troll. In Gothic 2 we'll have a troll thats 4x as big, and dragons, and sleeper's master. It makes sense the main char should continue to get stronger. Even if we have to start from the begining I was hoping they'd add more levels to each skills.
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 3:49 am

quote:
Originally posted by Yog Sothoth
quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous

I think it's the story itself that prevent to you your old character... you had passed SIX monthes in a collapsed cave... drinking only water and eating what? Bugs? Your armor? Your sword?
I don't think that you can survive... so it's just a miracle that happens to be a Gothic 2!

DID I miss something? What is this about a collapsed cave for 6 moths?
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:50 pm

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Click me!!
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:52 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

heh well imo there will be alive only the main character and Xardas. as i heard Xardas will be bad in G2 so he will do some magic tricks and take the strenght and all shjit away from the main character.and after that BOOM all starts over again
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 6:21 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next