Morrowind Press Copy - Some anwers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Xiron Darkheart
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Traps in Dungeons?

Are there traps in the dungeons? Such as pitfalls , shifting walls , one way teleporters , triggers that set off spell effects , that sort of thing?

If there are , can they be detected and disabled?

If there are no traps , could they be modded in?

I think dungeon crawls would be more fun and varied if there were a few traps mixed in amongst the monster bashing.
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 12:13 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Well, I can't answer that. Actually, I have stopped exploring things by now. I don't want to spoil my fun when the full version arrives here

At the moment, I am fooling around with the editor. There was little documentation for it, and believe me: without that, you are REALLY lost. I think it is powerful and easy to use WHEN you know what to do - if you don't, it's just doing strange things
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 12:46 pm
Xiron Darkheart
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the fast reply Rend! Guess I will just have to wait

Good luck with that editor , can't wait to read the 4th part of the Preview.
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 1:01 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Rendelius
Well, I can't answer that. Actually, I have stopped exploring things by now. I don't want to spoil my fun when the full version arrives here

At the moment, I am fooling around with the editor. There was little documentation for it, and believe me: without that, you are REALLY lost. I think it is powerful and easy to use WHEN you know what to do - if you don't, it's just doing strange things

do you mean my question too?? you don't know about the Gondola's???
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 5:23 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

i just heard a mp3 file of the Morrowind intro music, BEAUTIFUL!!!!
wow, kinda lord of the rings like i think....you can find it on destination morrowind website

Never knew that even SNOW was in MW

(edited by Rendelius - direct linking for the image to another site (bandwidth theft) - we do not support this, sorry)

tell me rendelius, can you ride on that beast shown on the screenshot???
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:49 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Those are stars, else they would also be in front of the castle.
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 9:15 pm
IncendiaryLemon

The last boatload of games I've played have not measured up in length. Will you get that daggerfall 200 hours?
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 3:35 am

Guest888

Aye!

Aye, you will get that and more! I read on one site (can't remember now) a previewer had read from the literature given to him by the developers, that doing EVERYTHING there is do in Morrowind would take 500 hours.

The previewer made a note of this, because he didn't believe it. After spending 2 hours wandering and seeing just how little he had explored, he became a believer.

Factor in the idea that no one of your characters will be able to do everything, and you have replayability. The 3 great houses are mutually exclusive. Once you join one, the other 2 shut you out. So you can create at least 3 diff main characters to experience all there is to do inside each house-- its politics, quests, etc. This would mean redoing the main story arc, or -- not! It's up to you!

Moreover, remember that a team of what, 30 people, were working on this for 3 years or so, and every one of them has hand-placed stuff in the world. Over 300 dungeons, about 1/3 of which I heard were completely hand-developed. Little secret coves, quests, shrines, etc., with quests and such not on any map.

Yes, I could see it containing vast hours (even 500) of playtime if you want to do it all!
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 3:54 am

DzD
Unknown
Unknown

It was on avault.com you read that.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 3:27 pm
HaVoK
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Way better. Faster responding, with "auto best attack" just aiming and clicking, but the longer you hold the button, the harder the blow. Nicely done, really. -Rendelius

So you actually have to aim your "attack/spell" at the enemy?

Also When you hold down the button for attack, is it like pulling your arm back farther to make a big hit with say your sword? (but it takes longer) And can you just click for a faster less damaging attack? --> like in the game "Thief" (one of my fav games).

And with the bow the longer you hold down the button and pull back the bow-string does the arrow go farther, or when you just click does the arrow go hardly anywhere? Or do you just click and the arrow shoots ?

Hehe one more thing that you DONT have to answer if you dont have enough time or havent done it yet because you want to save it for when you get the "Store" Version of the game. When you earn/buy a Castle/Stronghold/House I heard you can hire/get servants for them? Is this true!

-Thanks Rend if you reply

Oh and...Hi by the way lol
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 12:49 am
IncendiaryLemon

How much code optimizing in the final - did bethesda sftwrks reduce requirements much after cleaning up the march 1st beta?
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 3:15 am

Dmitry the Wizzy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for "wiping the drool from the lips of the public." '

How many of the quests you have done can you complete near where you get the quest? Did you have that feeling that too many quests were open at once?
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:01 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7