Usergroups
Gothic II demo - spoilers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

Sure. Just keep trying to enter the gate. After two or three attempts the guards will draw steel. When they do try to run/jump in (reload on failure, keep trying). When succesful, everyone will be on your tail, so run to the opposite side of the upper city to find safety. After the guys have backed off they will forget all about your tresspassing.... severe amnesia, you see.
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:12 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Thanks for your help. I'm going to try right away I hope I manage to escape them, but they have heavy armors so it should be easy
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:15 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Something that worked for me, (that I haven't seen mentioned in the forums) is to "Strafe" past them. They didn't say a word or move a muscle!
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 5:30 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Does it work on the guy guarding the wearhause?
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:57 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Yup! I just tried it and it worked like a charm!
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:35 pm
jackchaos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sewers

I found the sewers below the city. When you're out facing the 1st beach/dock area, go right t where the beach meats rock and water. there is a tunnel underneath.
Post Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:18 am
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

I found a ring +5 against weapons, it's on a cliff near the farm where you kill those two rouges, you have to go thowards the city. Take the main road, when you reeach the stairs go up them, and then you should see a mountain ( well it's 5 feet from your current position so it isn't hard ) Go around it until you will find a path leading up, it's hiden in the trees, folow the path, and you will reach a dead body, with 2 rings ( 1 +5against weapons, 2 +5 against magic )
Sorry if someone has already posted this.
Post Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:58 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Temptress's "Button and Chest" solved!

I found the "Button and Chest" that "Temptress" was talking about in her previous post!

It's in the house to the right of the main castle in the High Town, the one that sits way back on the right. You go upstairs and "use" the Coat of Arms on the right wall (next to the fireplace). Then go downstairs and you'll see that a wall has dropped next to the fireplace revealing a trunk! Unfortunately, it requires a key. Anyone found an unidentified key? It may not be in the Demo, but if you come across one give it a try!
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:31 am
mad$urrge
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Here's a tip for those who want to get back onto demoground after they got out of it:
When in the port, just go to the left (when facing the sea) until you reach the town wall. There, try to climb up the rock where the edge is at its lowest point to the ground. When there, just come up to the edge where the demoground is and try to jump off the rock trying to hit the slope of the town wall otherwise you'll get killed. Also, try holding the left mouse button when jumping off the rock. It might help sometimes. Keep trying until you're there.
Personally, I've already made about 10 circles around the official demoground just climbing the mountain behind Xardas' tower and coming back the way I described above.
If anyone knows of any easier way to get back on demoground, lemme know.[/b]
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:35 am
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

The easiest way I found to get around the demo world is to open up your save game file in a hex editor and give yourself a couple of teleport runes.

Ariakas
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:21 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

srikandi! Holy smoke! I almost missed this post. Gonna go try that. Thanks! That's the only thing that's been bothering me. LOL

Loves ~T
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:36 am
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

srikandi, Ok, tried what you said and it's a totally different area. (I missed that button.)

The chest I'm talking about is, well . . . here's directions from the area you spoke of:

Go down the ramp, out of the "barracks" and go straight across the court. Go through the archway and follow the pathway to the end of the court. Go into the last 'archway' (A pullcart is to the right of the doorway.) and as you enter you will notice what looks like a 'bar' area with an alchemists' table behind it. Walk to the other side of the 'bar' and all the way at the end you will see a button. Press it and the wall slides away revealing a trunk that you can't get into.

And I still can't get into it. LOL. That's ok though, I guess. I mean some things should be left for the real version, right? (Unless, of course, you find the key and can tell me where it is.)

Loves ~T
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:56 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

whata temptress i think u found the thiefes treasure place i have the full version of gothic but never found that button gonna check that out what u described maybe this last key what i found fit there thnx m8
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:12 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

I tried to kill one of the guards standing at the entrance to town ( the main entrance the demo one ) but I can't are they invincible? I tought that Gaothic2 would be without invincible Ncps?
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:08 pm
RobKob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

@Temptress
The house you are speaking of belongs to Salandril the alchemist. And although I have already finished the full version of G2 once ( as a mage ), the hidden chest still eludes me. I never found a key for it, not even on Salndril's corpse. Perhaps it involves a quest for the paladins or dragon hunters.

@Daedalus
No, the secret treasury of the Thieves' Guild is located in a cave on an island.

@Korzen
Unfortunately G2 is anything but free of invincible NCPs, far from it. I would say that the city of Khorinis alone has more invincible NPCs than G1 in it's entirety. You know it really takes away from the fun of marching ahead of thirty summoned skellies through the city.
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:39 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next