Usergroups
How old is an Wizardry 8 Player today?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

I'm also allowed to play on the oldboys soccer team. I was there too, then it all started in the early 80's on the PC's. I have also tried tons of CRPG's old as the new ones.
Wizardry 8 seems to trigger old memories from the good old days playing style, and I guess that's what make me buy this game a.s.a.p.
I'm not rejecting newer games like Baldurs Gate 2 or alike, I play them with pleasure, but I prefer a 1.st person player view giving you a really immersive gameworld!
Post Mon Nov 05, 2001 10:43 am
Garwaiyn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i am 47 and i play RPG's at the year 1988.
yes i have play any other games but the RPG is the best for me and my wife ! No problems at home. I play Wizardry 8 in this time and my wife is playing Pools of Radiance. Thats the life i like.
Oh sorry..... Wizardry 8 ist the best RPG long time ago.
Bye from Hamburg.
John
Post Tue Dec 18, 2001 9:05 pm

I'm 34. Me and my buddy started with Wiz 4.
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 10:24 pm

Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

At 57, I'm probably the oldest W8 player (at least so far)I like RPGs and FPSs. Playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein now, liked Deus Ex also. Of course, Serious Sam for the pure crazyness.
Post Fri Dec 28, 2001 2:52 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I'm 34 first computer was an Atari 800, played Ultima 3, then 2 then 1, got hooked on CRPG's back then. I wanted Akalabeth so bad, even though it was packaged in a ziplock bag with like 3 color artwork, but it was only available for the Apple 2.

Ali Baba and the 40 thieves was another early favorite CRPG.

Alternate Reality was another (apparently a new version is in the works by the original programmer)

Enjoyed Infocom's games, Suspended, Zorks, and the original Sierra games, Wizard and Princess, Ulysses and the Golden Fleece as well as Blade of Blackpoole.

Sir Galahad and the Holy grail, by Atari Program Exchange, was my first fantasy game but more action oriented.

The Apshai games by Epyx were fun

Oddly enough, Wiz 8 is only the second I've played in the series, I don't think any of the early ones were ported to the Atari.

Black Crypt by Raven was one of my faves on the Amiga.

Spiderweb software's Exile series is good for old schoolers with Apples or PC's.

But first person, turn based is what I like personally. Wiz 8 fits the bill nicely, and M&M 9 is something I'm looking forward to, but I don't know if the Lithtech engine is up to the task, time will tell, but I just have a bad feeling about it.

Just some ramblings.

Post Mon Jan 28, 2002 6:17 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Greetings all~

24 here..looks like I'm kind of a youngster in this crowd..good thing!! I'm used to being the 'old guy' that plays games (both PS2 and PC)..

Going to school now, majoring in General Applications of computer science with emphasis in programming, so my time to play is limited..writing a lot of code during the weeks now..

anyway, good to see such a wide range of ages here..proud to be part of it!!

Post Mon Jan 28, 2002 3:00 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

24 or 25 (I have no my wife here to consult it with her )
Post Mon Jan 28, 2002 4:37 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Tsk,tsk Greenhorns!
Post Tue Jan 29, 2002 11:07 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-01-29 05:07, Michael C wrote:
Tsk,tsk Greenhorns!

Tsk old man, eld, greybeard (my PCtranslator offered me all three terms, so I do not which to choose ).
Post Tue Jan 29, 2002 12:22 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Hehe, No,no no your translator is all wrong the correct words are Experienced, Grown-up, or Diaper-free.
Post Tue Jan 29, 2002 2:33 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

alright, my translator is editable, so I will delete words old man, eld, greybeard and replace them with experienced, grown-up, diaper-free
Post Tue Jan 29, 2002 2:48 pm
FrankyK
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm 48 and have been playing RPG since the days you couldn't play them without a pencil sharpener.

I was a 'dyed-in-the-wool' Everquester for about a year-and-a-half but you now have to upgrade your computer in order to continue playing and I'm not willing to do that. I tried Dark Age of Camelot but was disappointed by the lack of atmosphere (sorry, I'm spoiled by Everquest) and content.

Wizardry is, of course, the standard in RPGs. It saddens me that Sir-Tech is closing its doors. Our only hope is that the talent will open up shop somewhere else and continue to give us more of the best game ever to grace a monitor (even if they have to call it something else --- B^)~).

Post Tue Jan 29, 2002 4:01 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Well, I'm not much a MMORPG player myself, so I can't comment on DAOC and Everquest, but regarding Wizardry I can only agree, and I'm sure many other players got the same thoughts regarding a "resurrection" of the Wizardry games. Well the Sir-Tech guys hopefully want a new job, so why not start their own shop! The talent is certainly there!
Post Tue Jan 29, 2002 4:16 pm
Doktoren
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm 23 and have been playing CRPG's since the Gold box series on the Amiga. I lost interest in RPG's for a couple of years but I got hooked again with games like Fallout and Baldur's Gate and recently I've enjoyed playing Gothic.

Even though I know both the Ultima & Wizardry series to be real classics I have to confess that I haven’t played any of these games. Guess they didn't caught my attention back then. I don't think that will change with Wiz8. I don't really like the 1st person view and I really don't fancy the mixture of fantasy and SCI-FI.

Post Tue Jan 29, 2002 4:29 pm
Ramza
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i am 14 and i love every single rpg , except diablo...how low can a game go??? and i am now playing wizardy 8..its good.
Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 12:18 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next