Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How to start NOTR the best possible way???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Drax
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

How to start NOTR the best possible way???

Im not sure if the subject name is appropriate, nor if it should be in this section (i.e. G2 Spoilers - I suppose it is a spoiler), but ive got a question about NOTOR which I believe was not covered in previous threads. I just started NOTOR (but am not a greenhorn in gothic ). Im realise that NOTOR requires some planning, with regards to skills and such. These are my questions:

1) Dexterity based swords - are they one or two handed?

2) Is the strongest weapon still a two-hander?

3) Bows and crossbows - do they still require dexterity or is one based on strength? - which is stronger?

and 4) Ok, so I intend on making my character an archer. While still in the weak levels (early chapter 1), what should I be concentrating on first: bows or dexterity?

Thanks ahead!!!
Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:31 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: How to start NOTR the best possible way???

quote:
Originally posted by Drax

1) Dexterity based swords - are they one or two handed?

They are all 1-handed.

quote:

2) Is the strongest weapon still a two-hander?

Yes, this is still true. I always prefereed 1 handers, though.

quote:

3) Bows and crossbows - do they still require dexterity or is one based on strength? - which is stronger?

OKay, this is where NOTR changed up. The bows still use Dex as the main stat, but Crossbows now use strength. When I say Crossbows use strength I mean for everything; in determining if you can use the weapon AND for calculating damage and accuracy.

As far as which is stronger -- that's still up to you. Its the same tradeoff -- Crossbows do more damage (always have), but are slower to fire. Bows do somewhat less damage but fire quickly. You figure out what works best for you.

quote:

and 4) Ok, so I intend on making my character an archer. While still in the weak levels (early chapter 1), what should I be concentrating on first: bows or dexterity?

Well,l I would get my bow to "marksman" level: 30%, then start conecntrating on dex. That way you can always use those great dex swords as a backup. There is a really awesome dex-based sword you can get that will also boost your 1 handed weapons stat by 10%-- look out for it.
Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:44 pm