Usergroups
Portrait of Gomez?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Scribbles
Unsent
Unsent

why do you people talk and present no facts.

ok, the Temple was built WAY before the barrier went up, the sleeper had been around for a long time too. the reason that the barrier grew too big was that the magic of the mages conflicted with the already existing magic of the orc shamans and threw off the balance, this is hinted at in the Gothic 1 intro. first of all Ur-Shak AND Xardas said that the sleeper was brought forth to fight a (Key thing here -> )rival clan, not King Rhobar. Second of all, yes the Orc Shaman are undead, i doubt they were alive after their hearts were torn out, that and because Xardas refers to them as the "Undead Shaman". The swords of the Orc Shaman were old, yes, and like i said, the Temple was built and the sleeper raise WAY before the barrier ever came around. The barrier itself has been around for very close to, if not, 10 years. there is a digger in the old mine that claims to have been one of the first men thrown into the barrier, he specifically says that he has been in at least 10 years.

ok, back on topic, i always thought that the portrait was of the prison warden before the barrier went up

btw, i beat gothic for the 24th time (without cheats) last night

Broken in Exile
Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:30 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

I'm convinsed, the reason i put that time cuz i thought the barrier was up with the sleeper making, anyway, good for ya for beating gothic 24th time, i guess this is because you don't have gothic2 just like me.
Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:01 am
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

I can understand why you don't have it, X-dANGEr. I don't understand it why Jrax didn't bought Gothic 2 gold edition from the German online shop nor the American Gothic 2. 24 times of Gothic 1 and I'll bet you still haven't seen some mysterious stranger like Wulf insists to have seen.
NFG member
Post Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:15 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Well i am convinced without doubt, that the portrait is of Gomez,

I played the intro avi' over many times and used the video controls to start and stop at certain parts, King Rhobar in the intro has a crown and wears completely different armour to Gomez, i have also studied the ore barons armour mesh, and it much resembles the Gomez picture.

The dialogues from "Orry" and "Scar" confirm in the game that only Gomez has access to the women that are sent down inside the barrier and the picture distinctly shows two slave women, (the two women in the sect camp don't apply because there are no ore barrons in the sect camp)

Oh, and "Gomez" has is hands resting on his own sword - - Innos' Rage, also the armour is confirmed as "Gomez's armour" (ebr_armour_h) - - this comfirms conclusively, that it could not be anyone else but Gomez.

Of course any player who pays particular attention to these intricate details would know of this.
Post Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:19 pm
Spike86
Village Leader
Village Leader

Why not the pictureof the one in command BEFORE the big uprise of the convics?
Also the sword is the sword of victory(I can't recall the exatly name) it is too short to be the innos rage and look at the ornament...
Post Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:14 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

You confused me guys , plz one short true correct answer.
Post Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:13 pm
ShadowShrike
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

As the wizards were all there and they're still alive, but there has been time for three camps to rise up, I'd put it at about 15 years.
Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:33 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I've completed it far more than 24 times, and so have some of the old veterans around here.. most of the "pro's" beat it more than 24 times long before G2 came out(and I'm nowhere near the most experienced player around here.. I bet Jaz has completed it twice as many times as I have)..

Anyhow. It's Rhobar 2 on the painting. The barrier has been up 10-15 years. The temple of the Sleeper is hundreds of years old, if not thousands(long long before humans expanded to Khorinis, due to the fact that the orcs never even considered using the Sleeper against humans, only rival orcs). What was it.. hmm.. the stranger is a joke made up about 2 years ago(started out as a "swampwitch"), and so is the "supersword".

Anything else I should add? Oh yes, it might seem like Gomez on the painting due to the same scar on his armor, but it is in fact the King(you see that on his face). To be honest I think they simply made the picture out of the guy in the intro(where you will see that Rhobar 2 has the EXACT same armor as Gomez, even the scar), and made Rhobar 2 with equipment they had already made in the game(Gomez' armor for instance). The picture is of Rhobar though, of that there can be no discussion - there are no artists inside the Colony, and no way to get anyone to paint a portrait of him(unless it was painted before the time of the Barrier, but at that time Gomez was too young).

The oldest man to have ever lived got near to 142 years old and died a few years ago(look it up in the Guiness Book of Records), so 950.. well.. no.

The whole 13 magician thing is also wrong. This is something PB didn't think of. They made 13 magicians, but forgot about Milten being too young to be one of them. He joined AFTER he came into the Colony. So there is no 13th magician. Xardas is in fact the 12th, and the most powerful among them; was the leader of the magicians even before they split into "Fire" and "Water", when all the magicians worked together in the Old Camp.
Post Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:18 pm
IGiveItToYa
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

in the old mine there is the guy named Grimes and he says that he has been one of the first in the barrier and that he has been in there for more than 10 years my assumption is 10-12 ,15 is the highest but i doubt it

second, the guy on the picture is the old ore baron i remeber that when i aked one of the guys in the old camp about armor and the gurds and how u know whos is who he said that all the armors were taken from the dead gurd and ore barons after they killed them in the revolt and later on when u meet Lester in the mountain fort he says that there used to be a really powerfull and wealthy ore barons wich owend this lands and as any ore baron he had a paper confirming his power and lester wants that paper,when u go on the top of the tower the highest point of the fortres ther is a chest and in that chest ther is a sword of victory,and that is that sword in the portrait with the ore baron who used to own it spike86 is right and as somone else said there was no painters after the barrier to paint gomez
Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:26 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Exactly. I still think it's the king, and not the former Ore Baron of the region, although it might be the old ore baron. I never really though about that..
Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:37 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

It hardly fits a king to have some almost naked women at his feet , does it?
more the thing you would expect from an ore baron or gomez himself
Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:54 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

True, but kings of old usually had lots of women, although it might not fit king Rhobar the Seconds' style(I don't know, haven't met him yet, hehe, have to wait for G3 to do that), but it does seem more likely that the picture is of a previous ore baron.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:28 pm
Foxman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It cannot be long. My bet is less then 10 years. The prision guards armor are still good to use. King Khrobar II had no choice but to traid with former convicts. Xardas was the 13-th mage and had to be around that time. The amount of ore is not that big in Newcamp. The orc land was not planned in the barrier therefore also not the tempel.
Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:46 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

The portrait is Gomez, it doesn't look exactly like him because that is how the artist painted him. The end.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:19 am
Theaquabat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
there is a digger in the old mine that claims to have been one of the first men thrown into the barrier, he specifically says that he has been in at least 10 years.

ok anyway the digger "grimes" never said he was one of the first people thrown in he just said he was throw in 10 years ago. so i think it was built at least 10 years before he was thrown in. And in gothic 2. one of the blacksmiths in the town says he was a soilder back in the orc war and he seems to be about 45-50 so i think he would have been in the war when he was in his 20s so scince the barrier was built BECAUSE of the orc war it was built at least a year after the war so it must have been like 20-30 years ago and that seems resanble witht he ages of the fire mages
Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:25 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2