View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Rawis
I think the game is great, and i have not even found a singel bug...

Spent 3 hours clearing the damn area (side quest). Made half a level of xp and maybe 20k in gold... that's it. No nice new items. No new insights. Nothing. And at the end, when I come to bring my two items I was supposed to collect, the NPC asks me if I have them. The dialog choice is yes, it asks which, the dialog choice only shows one. So I pick that one. Restart the dialog, it asks me if I have any and the only dialog choices are No and What was I supposed to do? ARGH! Then I had to spend 10 mins trying to figure out a way around this bug only to end up having to make a choice nobody explained anything about and then they have the nerve to criticize me on my choice!!! Oh YEAH?! *reload* ETERNITY OF TORMENT FOR YOU ALL! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*ahem* sorry, got carried away there...

quote:
Originally posted by HeWhoHasNoName
I think this is the sort of game you would enjoy more if you are laid back and not worrying about everything being perfect.

Unfortunately, you can't play this game "perfect." Especially since much of it is non-deterministic (i.e. random). If you wanted to play "perfect" you couldn't go past the first barrel or a loot chest because they will always generate a random loot item(s). So, you could keep reloading over and over again hoping for some better loot (don't try it, it's not worth it--not that I would know ). SP module you're playing also has this really annoying habit of forcing the story along and you can't go back. So, I would advise that you always save and test dialogs before anything even remotely important is about to happen (or you think it may).
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:38 pm
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

If someone gives me a list of the best possible item you can get iin all the barrels I can do it. I get how you play this game now, just go with the flow and let the computer make the decesions for you.

Oh, and does what you say effect the game much, i know there is good and evil and people will react differently to you depending on that but can you stuff up a quest by insulting someone. And how non-linear is this game. I know there a lots of side-quests but can I do anything to majorly change the main storyline.
=Member of The Sports Fan Club=
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:47 am
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by HeWhoHasNoName
Oh, and does what you say effect the game much, i know there is good and evil and people will react differently to you depending on that but can you stuff up a quest by insulting someone. And how non-linear is this game. I know there a lots of side-quests but can I do anything to majorly change the main storyline.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, no conversation choices don't affect the game in itself. They may influence how the conversation you are in will unfold, but not the game or the ultimate outcome. Your race and alignment (I think) may influence some side quests you will be able to get, but I don't think it changes anything throughout the main campaign.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:10 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

You can only botch/change side quest outcomes with the dialogs. Not the main quest. Main quest is very rigid and very stern (when it comes to pushing it along).

EDITED by OhBrandi

Since MoonDragon isn't on right now, I've reposted the text I've deleted here to the spoiler forum.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 7:14 pm
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

Thanks for that Ohbrandi.

So its ok for me to insult people and stuff. I have been reloading and stuff to see how people respond to the different dialogs. From now on I think I'll just go with the flow of the game.
=Member of The Sports Fan Club=
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 8:19 am
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

That's how any RPG should be played
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 6:37 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2