A few questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

A few questions

Ok, first of all i have been exploring the entire west coastline for the past few days looking for the rumored "underwater city" near Gnaar Mok, which leads to my first question, does it exist? Secondly, today i was walking on the Gnaar Mok isle and i saw a very strange looking Netch, almost like a jellyfish in the air with Netch jelly on it, it was called a Betty Netch, i approached it, and it stuttered in the air for a few seconds then hit me, so i killed it, and it said "You have killed a breeding Netch", whats the deal with that? Is it a crime? or does it affect future gameplay?

Afterwords I continued heading north and found a dead Guar next to a swamp with 2 mudcrabs around him, i looted his corpse, but nothing was on it, and it wouldnt let me delete his corpse.. meaning its involved in a quest of sorts, so what is he part of? i looked all around the swamp and didnt find any items hidden in the water or anything.....

Last but not least, how the heck do i get Fargoth to tell me his hiding spot, im at 100 with him and arrile, but neither of them mention a thing, im supposing it was in the log infront of the lighthouse where i found some gold and a cup, butim not sure - yes, i have asked fargoth about his hiding place, he only gets angry with me and i lose points with him
Post Sun Aug 25, 2002 4:55 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Well, I can give you the last one...

Someone in Seyda Neen mentions that a good place to watch Fargoth is the lighthouse. You need to be up at the top before 10:00pm. Sometime between 10 and midnight, Fargoth will wander around and stop at 5 different places. After he leaves the last one (he'll return to the "town square" when he's done), go down and check each spot. I had some trouble with the goodies not showing up, but if I checked the same locations Fargoth stopped at in the order he did them, the last hollow tree stump had what you need.

Hope that helps some.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Aug 25, 2002 6:12 am
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

Yeah it does, thanks, i figured it was in that hollow log in the swamp, nothing in it though, then again i have never watched him walk his path before, i had never known that the game quests were time sensitive, thanks
Post Sun Aug 25, 2002 9:09 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

The info you're given by the NPC just says to go up there and wait, so the quest isn't really time dependent. I'm just saving you a few hours of standing around by giving you some specific times. The final stump is in the muck pond behind the tradehouse, not the one by the lighthouse you've mentioned earlier.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Aug 25, 2002 4:11 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Killing that Netch is part of a quest, as is finding that guar, I think... though I am not sure which one it is a part of.
Post Sun Aug 25, 2002 4:37 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Re: A few questions

quote:
Originally posted by Striz
Ok, first of all i have been exploring the entire west coastline for the past few days looking for the rumored "underwater city" near Gnaar Mok, which leads to my first question, does it exist? Secondly, today i was walking on the Gnaar Mok isle and i saw a very strange looking Netch, almost like a jellyfish in the air with Netch jelly on it, it was called a Betty Netch, i approached it, and it stuttered in the air for a few seconds then hit me, so i killed it, and it said "You have killed a breeding Netch", whats the deal with that? Is it a crime? or does it affect future gameplay?

1) The "underwater city" actually refer to ruined daedric temple (underwater) near Gnaar Mok. You could use "waterwalking" spell to walk out from Gnaar Mok village & check it up. There is quest available from particular God (headless statute underwater).

2)The Betty Netch you killed is part of the quest available from Gnaar Mok villager. You should speak to them after kill another particular "Bull Netch" (you will get similar message when kill the right one).
Post Sun Aug 25, 2002 4:46 pm
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thanks for all the help guys.

Yeah I figured it was the stump in the swamp, becausei remember on my first day i found it and thought it was wierd, and i never found the person who told me his route, but i walked up there and waited and sure enough he did it.

I now also have another question (i bet your all thrilled), today i decided to start exploring more into the land, and following the little "cove" that leads in near the deathshed fort, i found a little cave, outfront there was a boat with a corpse named "Badly Clawed Corpse", inside there were tons of those little imp things, a few corpses, and one fat green thing with nipple rings, i killed them all, cleared the cave, on my way out i noticed a little cage up top, so i loaded a levy potion and went up, i found the guy, gave him a potion, and decided to take the skirt and hat that he offered me (worthless), what would have happened if i told him to keep them ? just wondering
Post Sun Aug 25, 2002 6:08 pm