Usergroups
Two-handed swords?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Blitzkrieg_SH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I am a Guard at level 12, and was wondering who can train me in two handed swords?

I don't think there is anyone in the old camp, and in the swamp camp i can't find anyone to train me in just swords. The new camp i'm not sure for i just found a guy to train me in one handed weapons.

If any one knows please tell me thanks
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 3:33 pm

I think it's Thorus(the guy at the entrance to the castle) in the old camp. But you've to be a master in one handed swords else he won't start training you.
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 5:52 pm

wickedkae
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

so you have to master 1 handed to get to 2 handed? thats pretty cool.
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 5:54 pm
Sveinung
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Is that true? Do you have to be master in one handed before you can get 2 handed?
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 10:37 pm

Well it was someone in the new camp, I don`t remember who, that could train u in 2 handed before u are master in 1 handed I think it was Lee, but I guess u have too be a member of the new camp before u can do that.
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 10:43 pm

Zorak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I doubt you have to be a "master", since master means that you're a master at dealing out Critical Hits and not at handling the weapon.

Joy's recollection is no longer joy, while sorrow's
memory is sorrow still
~Lord Byron
Post Mon Dec 03, 2001 2:09 am
Jimboko
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This is true. You MUST be master in 1-handed in order to TRAIN in 2-handed. I have tested this. I was in Old Camp with 40 skill points left untrained and both 1 & 2 handed skill at 0%. Thorus would only give me option to train in dexterity and strength, but as soon as I trained to master with Scatty in Old Camp. Thorus gave me a new option to train in 2-handed weapons.

I am not sure about Lee, since I had mastered in 1-hand before I went to visit New Camp.

[ This Message was edited by: Jimboko on 2001-12-02 21:57 ]
Post Mon Dec 03, 2001 3:56 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

You must master 1-Handed sword skills before you can proceed to mastering 2-handed skills.

This is the same with Bows, and Crossbows.
You must master Bows before you can learn Crossbows.

And I'm not sure about Lee, either. I always mastered 1-handed skills quickly.

But Lee is a really, really buggy character. So anything is possible.
Post Mon Dec 03, 2001 4:06 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

FetishFool
----------
After Spike (is that his name?) is exiled from the Old Camp you can learn Crossbow from him without first learning Bow.

I was untrained in bow but mastered in Crossbow when I solved the game.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sat Dec 08, 2001 2:26 am

lee definetly teaches you 2-handed sword skills without you having to train 1-handed first.

nice thing to do to get a 2-handed weapon very early in the game: go into the swamp camp and lure a swamp shark near one of the templers. wait until the mess clears up, then get his sword and crossbow. the sword does pretty much damage (70 or 71). then just raise up to level 5 or something, put all your skill points on strength - as soon as you are able to use the weapon it should give you a pretty good start.

Post Sat Dec 08, 2001 1:45 pm

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Big question:
If you dont have 1handed first, what is the cost to learn 2handed at Lee's?
Is it still 30/40 ?

I was 'lucky'
I attracted minecrawlers into the melt-oven area in the cave, and the templars started to attack them. They ofcourse killed them pretty easily, however, one of the templars that guards the upper crawler-cave (the first place you actually see a crawler) wanted to join the fight and took a swanjump down to us. He didnt make it
Nice blade when you are like level 3 Hmmm =)

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sat Dec 08, 2001 9:19 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

what is the real answer? it seems that some think you don't need to master single handed weapons before you move on to 2 handed weapons, and others think you do. also, i have heard that you don't need to bow skill to move on to crossbows. what is the deal? who is in the know?

"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 8:08 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

txiabxyooj
----------
Once you have been exciled from the Old Camp you can buy both Crossbow and 2h Weapons without prerequisites.

Before that you need to master 1h melee before 2h melee and bow before crossbow.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 9:18 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

jemym, i think that you have the answer to every possible question in gothic. thanks again. you need some sort of question & answer page of your own.

"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 9:23 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

txiabxyooj
----------
Dont worry, I have started to write a FAQ...

Ill try to write so complete FAQ as possible, including a walkthrough and solutions for all the problems.

It will take awhile thou.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 9:34 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next