RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

morrowind then gothic 2 and then what? suggestiosn plz

Ok ive played morrowind GOTY on my xbox and i just started G2
i was wondering wich other rpg out there is good

PLEASE none of that isometric point&click games i hate those ( BG diablo fallout)

i want a first or 3rd person action rpg style

i already played deus ex

i have a pretty crappy PC wich barely run G2 but its not realy smoot espacially in town but im getting a new PC in a few months so i dont matter if its a recent game

could you tell me wich game fits with my needs and a little bit of whay u like it plz , also the lenght of th egame if its less then 50hours im not interested ill rent it instead
Oh i should mention i also have an XBOX

there is probably a thread already of yeah i could surf all the forums but im new here and not very patient lolllll

so thx guys for your futur feedback ill appreciate it
game on
Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:31 pm
Hexmaster
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

The ones that readily spring to mind are Knights of The Old Republic and Vampire the Masquerade. KoTOR is on PC & XBox and VtM is PC, but quite demanding , so wait for your new PC.

KoTOR2 is still due on 11th Feb (woohoo!) for PC. Not sure of its out yet for Xbox.

Have you played the original Gothic ??

Anyway, happy hunting and welcome.

Regards,

Hexmaster
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:59 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well don't forget Arx Fatalis. not one of the easiest to play but a great captivating story. and definately try gothic 1
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:59 pm
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

well i havent played gothic 1 but i read review and all that is wrong in gothic2 is worse in the first one...

kotor 1 and 2 i can haven them both used for xbox... in fact kotor 2 has been out for a while here in canada

i cant find gothic 1 anyways even on ebay and i was gonna look up arx fatalis i read the review on gamespot and the things they criticized woulndt bother much ... poor journal and all ... just have to make notes thats all

im not a big fan of star wars but when i get my new PC my friend as those games along with pretty much every games id like to play so im glad for that , wont have to pay hehe
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:48 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well the honest truth is, the closest you're going to get to anything like your Gothic 2 experience is Gothic.

It is a great game once you get a hang of the controls. Forget about what those reviewers said. Trust US.

Now go get Gothic.
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:17 pm
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by elkston
Well the honest truth is, the closest you're going to get to anything like your Gothic 2 experience is Gothic.

It is a great game once you get a hang of the controls. Forget about what those reviewers said. Trust US.

Now go get Gothic.

Well then where can i find a copy? the only one i saw is on ebay and they sell it for 50$ cnd im not gonna pay that
anyone wanna sel me their copy? lolll
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:50 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

well if you have an xbox i would get kotor 2.

Ive been dying to play it for a long time.

kotor is great vampire bloodlines is good too

arx is too short

gothic is really cool.

nwn and its expansions would keep u busy for a long time. especially hordes of underdark. actually only hordes of underdark and then playing online some.
Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:38 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Yes, hordes of the Underdark is really great!
Er...Gothic 1 is really fun, especially with the Sect Camp.
If you can get a copy, play Deus Ex. Great Game!
And....you....hate....Fallout.....That has to be a sin of some kind. That is one of the few treasures of games. It is great, and I think everyone will agree. But, hey, it's YOUR opinion.
Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:35 am
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Dunmer King
Yes, hordes of the Underdark is really great!
Er...Gothic 1 is really fun, especially with the Sect Camp.
If you can get a copy, play Deus Ex. Great Game!
And....you....hate....Fallout.....That has to be a sin of some kind. That is one of the few treasures of games. It is great, and I think everyone will agree. But, hey, it's YOUR opinion.

lolll i have deus ex its the first game i bought for my PC not long ago
i borrowed fallout 1&2 from a friend . Its just i cant get into those type of game i hate the fact that i have to click there then watch this little guy walk then click here and watch him kill a rat ........
before i got gothic 2 i was playing BG but i havent touched it since and will probably unistall it
i was considering arx fatalis but i heard its too short ... so after gothic 2 ill finish vice city and bloodmoon in morrowind that i didnt play in a while and after that if i run out of games maybe ill giva fallout a shot
Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:03 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Comon! Fallout is great! A barrel of laughs! Yeah its confusing and hard but its hilarious. You have to set it to easy level to get it to be playable. They also used alot of cool voice actors.
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:48 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Wait...there's an easy level? I thought you had to play it as it is.
And wacko3 I am proud of you to give Fallout another chance. You will convert, I know you will.
And, in a few weeks, buy KOTOR 1 and 2. Both are really fun games, even if you don't like Star Wars.
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:01 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Hi, I have to agree with a few others, you need to go to amazon.com and find Gothic. The series is unigue and just must be seen. Arx is short but worth trying. If you do a good search of the areas, about 80 hrs game play. It has great replay as there are just so many ways to do things in it.

You don't want click and play, but that will mean you miss some really good games. NWN is great, but it uses click and point. However it is a third person view, and the story is great. Even greater are all the mods you can get for it for free from the main site. They make it a neverending source of stories and adventures.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:34 pm
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

Oh my freakin god what the hell

on amazon.com there is a copy of gothic 1 and its .... 60$
since when video games become vintage?????????
man this is ridiculous

and i did play NWN and i didnt like it all that much too linear no reswpaning monster basicly.. go there kill everything go to this other place kill everything and so on and so on booooooooring
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:13 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

But Hordes of the Underdark seriously changes that formula. It is the best expansion of that game out. You even have a seige battle to fight in it. A really, really big one.
Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:29 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

ya i really liked the seige battle too it was like a strategy game sort of like the total war series.
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:52 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next