Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How far did you make it; and are you going to buy Tribunal?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

How far did you make it; and are you going to buy Tribunal?

I was really impressed (and still am) with Morrowind. The game has everything going for it. BUT, like anything, it gets a little boring after a while.
I made it to level 47 and I don't think I can go on anymore. I joined all the guilds, am at 100 in most skills, have over 100k in coins and the game suddenly got boring. I did not do any of the main guests.
When I first heard about an add-on I was really excited about it. Now, however, I don't know if I will buy it. It has to be more of the same; and for now, I'm a little burned-out on Morrowind.
I guess there is no real end to Morrowind, because most of the monsters re-spawn, and I guess you could spend an eternity going back through all the places re-killing the monsters.
Maybe, I'll just set the game aside instead of deleting it. As for now, I'm looking for something else to spend my spare time at, maybe Neverwinter Nights, or Ice Wind Dale II, or perchance Divine Divinty. The first two games I have, but I have heard some good reports on Divine Divinity.
Anyway, to sum up my initial guestion:
Level 47 and probably not
Post Sun Oct 20, 2002 4:03 pm
Gish
Almighty Gish
Almighty Gish

I got into the lower 40s with my swordmage character. I am definitely getting the expansion and playing a completely different type of character, like an assassin. you should play some other games for a while, and then you should play the expansion with a new type of character. that is if you want to play it...
Post Sun Oct 20, 2002 4:57 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

My character at highest level is above 60, and also haven't touch any main quests. Yes, at high levels the game tend to become boring. My most recent character is a Nord (female) at level 24 and the game already start turn sour. Now my affair with MW is off and on, or on and off because of new interesting plug-ins.

The expansion, well, maybe i would get it. I also concerned that the expansion is more of the same quest patterns, combat system, shallow story-telling accompany the quests (except main quest) as in original game. I am spoiled with many good CRPGs this year, and i'm more eager to check up Arx Fatalis, not to mention Gothic 2. Don't get me wrong, MW is still among the many great CRPGs i ever got.
Post Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:50 pm
Ral-Jiktar
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I already pre-ordered Tribunal, Im trying to not put my hopes up to high, I dont expect it to be a excelent expansion pack, but it still will be great.

for a good expansion pack they sould really add the time on NPCs, im sick of seing them walk in the night.
if one day they would ad this, I would be so, happy.

www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/ral-jiktar
Post Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:49 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

I think my character i bet the game with was lvl 43 or something... but that was long ago. I think Morrowind is way to easy, just in an hour or so, i leveled up to level 40 something, without any cheats or stuff...
But im going to get Tirbunal, i think it looks to be very cool.
Post Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:38 am
Legal_My_Deagle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

HI!!!

i havent posted here in a long time.

but hearing about tribunal has got me interested in this game again - the only reason i quit playing before was that it got way too easy. i like challenge. but yes, i i think im going to get the expansion - in a interview i read, they said that they will make the game more challenging for a higher level character...like now it is challenging until about lvl 20, but he said they are gonna change it to around 50. that sounds a lot better to me...and i want all the new quests and stuff!!! and hopefully some better looking female faces...egads!!! lol...plus im intrigued when reading about this new city and area the expansion adds. sounds awesome.
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:16 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

quote:
Originally posted by Legal_My_Deagle
... the only reason i quit playing before was that it got way too easy.....

There is new creatures mods available like the GIANTS (Ver. 2.0), which add a lot of tough enemies for you to fight; or other mods that make you difficult to level up. These mods will keep the game at challenging level.

BTW i think all people who enjoy plug-ins or maintain the replay value of MW should buy the Expansion, since it has new materials for creating/using new creatures texture & such for future plug-ins, so only people who had the Expansion could use that particular plug-ins.
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 12:47 pm
kalniel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmm maybe it's the way I play the game, but I didn't find it easy. After many many hours of play, I finally finished the main plot at level 24 or. It was hard and my heart was pumping really fast for the end section of the game as my character really had to think on his feet to stay alive.

I don't level up very quickly, but I really enjoy playing the character. I'm now up to about lvl 28 and still have several objectives to finish so I'm not bored by a long way.
Post Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:13 pm
soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Hmm, I'm still at level 14. I'm just wandering here and there, learning history of Tamriel, reading books, increasing skills, etc. I haven't had too much time to play. I know if I sit down and played it, all other more important stuff not (necessarily related to gaming0 would be suspended Of course I'm going to get Tribunal, even if only for reworked journal
Post Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:18 pm
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I tried to load the GIANTS but i had troubles with the skins i think... how excatly to u intall it?
Post Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:12 am
Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I don't kow if I will buy Tribunal. If it doesn't really fix the big problems with the game itself like dull dialog, dumb monsters, lame combat and uninteractive world, then I probably won't. If some of those things are improved in the new areas, i might consider if the price is right.

I made it to level 22 o MW. I started the main quest, but got fed up after learning I had find five or so people from each of the five or so councils...ug, I don't like being fedex man. Lately I haven't played much. DD has my attention, but when I do, i mostly just look for things to get into. The environment is good, but anything related to the NPC's is lacking. This makes the game seem rather lifeless, leaving you to find your own amusement.

I just don't think the technology and resources exist right now to make a game of this scale totally work. By "game like this", I mean a world simulator. Hopefuly Bethesda's near sucess in creating this game and actual finacial success will inspire other companies to try to create their own and Bethesda to try again.
Post Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:33 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

I'm pretty much with Jung. I think I'm level ~30 and I've done most of the main quest but the motivation is lacking to continue. I think MW is an amazing achievement, but after many hours of play I've realised I would have preferred a smaller, more focussed world and I won't buy Tribunal unless NPCs are substantially improved.
Post Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:03 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

@FireAnt - click the downloaded file, follow instruction to extract files to new empty folder, then select & drag datafiles folder to datafiles folder in Morrowind directory. Or, look up for instructions in readme file among the extracted files.

Dhruin & Jung: There is no changes for NPCs or quests structure because that would require critical change to the game itself. The Expansion just add better journal, better map, new side quests, massive dungeons, new city, new creatures, etc. You could ignore the main quest and instead pick up some user made plug-ins. The two good adventure mods that i know is available = stanegauisle & FTG (search MWSummit & MWfiles). They are less Fed-ex & more story driven with some surprises, especially FTG after few initial quests.
Post Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:46 am
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Ty Remus
Post Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:06 pm
Imago Storm
Dremora
Dremora

I finished the main plot with level 29, and I will get Tribunal.
Post Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:34 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next