Usergroups
You're G3 wishlist.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

- I definately want to keep the same "feel" as G1 & G2.
- I'm hoping that the colors will be brighter and more vibrant in the final release than the screenshots seem to indicate.
- OK. Here's a BIG one. Could we please, Please, PLEASE, get the original voice actor that did Diego in G1 back!!!???! The one from G2 was horrible!
- I'd like the option to keep the G1 controls if I want. It doesn't really matter though, if the keys are re-mappable.
- I'd like to continue to see the choice to use either 1st or 3rd person POV.
So far I agree with everything.

- The ability to "Mix-n-Match" Armour.
- I still think Shields would be a good addition.
Depends on implementation. Yes if good, no if not.

- An abundance of "Transportation Runes". I'm going to be in the minority and say I'd rather NOT see mounts. After the previous two games, I just don't think it would feel right to suddenly have horses in the game. Besides, I have a feeling that Orc's would find horses VERY tasty! I doubt many would survive.
Completely agree.

- I'd like to see the ability to carry and use a Bedroll to sleep in the wilderness.
Might be a bit unbalancing in some ways, but with the world as big as it is, perhaps it is indeed a nice addition.

- I'll agree that scabbards would be nice to see.
From videos I think we can rule this one out already, but you never know.

- More regeneration of monsters than in G2.
I really like the G1 spawn rate, and hope they stick to that.

- Another big mine or other subterranean level.
Aye, that would be good.

- Ladders and / or Ropes and the ability to climb them.
G1 had that, and so did G2 after the add-on. I hope it'll be in G3 too.

- A button to "Cycle" through magic spells.
No need for me really, I'm so used to my spell-set-up on the numbers by now.

- I'd like to be able to learn both Fighting and Magic skills if I so desire (depending on how long I want to spend out in the wilderness killing critters, or how many side-quests I want to take).
According to what I've read, it will be possible to learn magic regardless of "class" this time.

- I'd like to see more in-game video sequences than were in G2.
Gotta love videos.

- The ability to learn Bow or Crossbow independently of each other.
Yeah, for a sword-wielder to be a bit dependent seems a bit logical, but crossbow/bow is an entirely different matter. The two weapons are nothing alike.

- I'd like to see the cost of learning hunting skills go back to being fairly inexpensive as they were in G1.
- I'd also like to see the Running/Jumping combo be faster than just plain running again. This REALLY helped to escape enemies in G1 that you just weren't ready for and I greatly missed it in G2.
- Shrines for Innos, Adanos and Beliar.
Agree.

- The ponytail blowing in the breeze sounds like a good idea.
Just give us a few cool looking helmets and it's no sweat, hehe.

- Complete voice acting as in G1 and G2 (I know, it's pretty much a given, but just wanted to mention it).
- The continued ability to go in and out of buildings without "loading" screens.
These will be in afaik.

- It might be nice to see a bit of a "Love Interest" for our Hero, maybe let him get the girl in the end.
BG2 romancing was good.

- More info on who our wandering Hero is. Oh, and how about a name for him? Something better than "Hey you", or "Hey there, you with the ponytail".
He doesn't have a name I think, the Undead dragon in G2 called him the "nameless one". We will probably learn more about him though.

- How about a small appearance by some of the NOTR Pirates?
Some of them were pretty cool yeah.

- Some of our old friends from G1 & G2 (I know, it's been announced some will be in G3, but just wanted to mention it).
Yup, it'll be in.

- No matter how it ends with Xardas, I'd like them to work something into the plot that redeems him somewhat. After being our friend through G1 & G2, I'm feeling kind of sad about his turning out to be evil and having to fight him.
I want to smash his skull, hehe. We will have different endings though I believe, so helping him will probably be a possibility.

- Last but not least, I'd like to have the opportunity to obtain a safe, centrally located place to call "Home" during my travels. A couple of trunks would, of course be required as well.
You can usually just kill some turd and obtain a home, but actually getting one might be good.
Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:32 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

What about:

I'd like it to be like GTA. You can do wahtever you want, obtain a house, hire some guards and so on.

// JK, LOL
Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:00 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander

- Last but not least, I'd like to have the opportunity to obtain a safe, centrally located place to call "Home" during my travels. A couple of trunks would, of course be required as well.
You can usually just kill some turd and obtain a home, but actually getting one might be good.

Yes, I like this idea of having "home base". It makes the experience feel more authentic. This would be right in line with the strongholds in BG2 and Morrowind. You should have to do something to "earn" it of course. And certain goodies should spawn from there at certian intervals. Like healing potions, permanent potions, weapons, etc.

Also, I like your idea about the bedroll, *but* I still think they should restrict where you can sleep. Maybe if you are in the wilderness certain "safe" areas can be marked. At those points you can use a bedroll.

I just feels more like I am on an adventure if I have to find places where I can sleep. It makes the discovery of those abonded caves or huts more exciting...
Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:12 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yup, the strongholds in Morrowind were great(BG2 of course, but that goes without saying as I love BG2, hehe). Wouldn't mind seeing something similar in G3, although I'm not sure how well it would fit our rather low-profile hero to be a noble.
Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:04 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I want apple trees.

Yum.
Post Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:08 pm
radamlje
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

What about ships?

We have seen some shipwrecks in g1 and g2 , boats in g2 and paladin ship. But what about orc ships. Not just if they will appear in g3, i am more interested in how they would look. Ram-boats, viking style ships, galley ships?

I am doing a bit of modeling. I am bulding some ship to include it in mod for g2. But then why wouldnt iclude orcs too. So i am looking for hints about orkish way of sea travel. I know they must have ships, but how do they look like?
Post Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:24 pm
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

i have an idea about the camera mode, which can make action more intense. i saw from the e3 clip that camera rotation has now been implemented. this is cool. but my idea is to have 2 camera modes: 1 will be the static, which is while not fighting. That will be normally over your head, or you can rotate it if you want, but it will be static. the other camera mode will be free rotation of the camera with the mouse on the X-axis and tilt on the Y-axis. And while you are in this mode, you wont be able to take back steps, but with hitting each direction kay, you would simply run to that direction, depending on the angle of the camera. so the forward key could run you to the opposite direction (in static camera) depending on the angle of the free camera. this would make i think action better...especially if there will be moments in the game where you will have to fight many enemies form different directions.
and, of course, if someone finds the free camera too "arcade" style, he can avoid it and stick to the static one
Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:01 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I would be the first in that case to stick to the "static" camera mode. I don't mind rotating camera's, but when left/right/up/down suddenly moves your character in a different compass direction. No that's nothing for me.
Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:35 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Maybe some pigs and cows too. I don't know where they've been getting all this ham and milk when trade has supposedly dried up.

No chickens under any circumstance; they sound like scavengers.
Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:35 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Maybe you can milk shadowbeasts?

"Come here ya big cow" - MUNCH.. "Oh dear, another farmer bites the dust"..

Or maybe not, hehe.
Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:16 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

@Sem: You won't notice that mate. Like if you press forward. The charachter marches to it's forward and so on. That is what i understood at least. If not, then static would be just good for me.

What i wish to happen in Gothic 3 is a thing that will make combat an easier thing to do. I want them to remove the lock target thingy. That usually limits our hero from fighting a lot of charachters at the same time. I would like the combat system to be like you swing and whatever that swing crashs into. It will be hurt. Like when fihgintg 5 wolves and they all standing near eachother. A swing will hurt them all. And so on ..

And that if you strike a tree, you see the trace of your weapon. And if you swing you sword and it happens to contact with a leave. It gets split and falls down. I want such things to be in to make things realistic. Let's say when you cast a fireball in the center of a forest. Well, some trees got to burn up IMO.

ALl those things i haven't seen in previous games of Gothic, wishing to see them in G III.
Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:03 am
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by X-dANGEr
...I want them to remove the lock target thingy. That usually limits our hero from fighting a lot of charachters at the same time....

I agree there. and that's one point where the "free" camera would help. because if you were surrounded by enemies, it would be the only way to fight them efficiently.

...of course locked target is the only option with firing arrows and bolts and with some magic spells....
Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:32 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yup, you must have it for such weapons. Also, I like being able to do a 180-spin-around to hit a target that has gone behind my back and WHAM dead anyway, hehe(instead of manually move him around).
Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:42 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Not really. In arrows, you can have a little aim cross as all action games. But, you have a miss chance depending on your skill. So the arrow doesn't neacisirly go exactly to that spot.

And for magic, well. The same thing works out too. Though, it should be like a bigger cross or something to cover also the spell's splash damage.

Also i'd like it when you cast a ring of ice spell. All trees around you are covered with snow or frozen
Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:00 pm
LocoBaxter
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i love gothic

One thing i want is things like hoods or bandanas, something to give ya that hunter or ranger kinda look

I also like the idea of getting a house and getting married, but not like Fable in witch u didnt even know ur wifes name.

Cloaks would be cool and also clothes to custimize the look more.

And staffs for the magic users.

And the bow and crossbow in the last ones wasnt that great IMO. it seemed to me like it was impossible to hit them and that u would stand there for a while trying to hit them.

And it seemed like there was alot of alchoholic drinks in the last one, why not make them have an effect on you when u drink enough of em.
Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:39 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next