View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Next game on my list will be Doom3 - I want to see if it indeed is a remake of the first Doom... which is probably my most-replayed game ever (say, 40 plus times).

*grin* I can see that!

I hope Doom3 lives up to your expectations ... let us know.

Anyway, I forgot to pick up a copy of KotR when I was last in the State ("Bad Lintra, Bad!"), but I got lucky in that my son brought his copy out with him for the month of August.

So now I'll get a chance to try it out ... something I've been looking forward to!!

As to what I am playing ... Medievil Total War and ... don't laugh ... Dungeon Siege. I picked up a copy of DS- LoA for less than $20. Yeah, I know, shoulda gotten KotR instead. Don't remind me.
Post Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:55 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Don't worry, I'll let you know! I'm very... uhm... well, honestly I don't think it will live up to my expectations. It's about as difficult for new games to please me as it is for new movies.

Now that I lost access to my only remaining Win98 machine for a while, I can't continue with Battlespire (finished T2 once again, by the way, and didn't continue Far Cry because I sold two thirds of my used RAM and am waiting for a customer to return another fresh old RAM chip). So I thought of replaying Ultima Underworld 1 and 2 until Doom3 hits our store... at least No. 1 seems to run under XT and even NT.
Post Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:55 pm
Loveshot
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Right now I am actually playing NWN and I am liking it. This is my third time trying to play NWN. The first two I got bored but this time a am almost finished with the main quest and I am looking forward to playing the two expansion packs as soon as the postman gets his but over here and devliver them.

Next after this it will be Doom 3.
Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:52 am
raspewtin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just finished Doom 3 and Star Trek Voyager FPS, and am a little burned out on FPS. I probably will finish Far Cry next (fantastic game, better than Doom3) after maybe making a module for NWN. I really want a new CRPG.
Post Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:23 am
Beliarsclew
Victim Of The Greed
Victim Of The Greed

At these times am playing morrowind and waiting for the english official DNDR..
Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:49 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

still playing Call of Duty. the multiplayer mode never tires me
Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:18 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:
Originally posted by Lintra
Dungeon Siege. I picked up a copy of DS- LoA for less than $20. Yeah, I know, shoulda gotten KotR instead. Don't remind me.

I got it for $14. Along with the Diablo 2 expansion. My start in both of those games was wiped out by my processor imploding though.

I think I'll go play a little bit of AdventureQuest. My save for that wasn't wiped out....
Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:08 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Still hooked on Call of Duty multiplayer. Oh yeah, those Nazis will pay.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:36 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by MageofFire
Still hooked on Call of Duty multiplayer. Oh yeah, those Nazis will pay.

I keep forgetting and logging into CoD, only to find myself kicked out of games by PB because I refuse to give it administrator privilidges. You'd think that people who make security programs would have more sense than to require you to log into something on the internet with your administrator's account.

Anyways... was bored the other day... so I went down to Future Shop and decided to bite the bullet and get Beyond Devinity. Low and behold, what do I find inside the box, but a full copy of Divine Devinity. Heh... it must be a promo thing where they took their old DD disks and shove them into BD boxes and stick a tiny sticker on the front (that I coincidentally missed). So, I've been plugging through DD for the last few days.

Beyond that, I'm still trying to beat Majesty the northern expansion. That game rules! Tried finishing Thief 3... too boring and annoying. Finished Hitman: Contracts. At work I'm wasting a lot of time on ADOM (what an evil game...).
Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:30 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by MoonDragon
Beyond that, I'm still trying to beat Majesty the northern expansion. That game rules!
Great game! If Kayla ever swings thru, she'll really be happy. She's a serious Majesty fan. I got too wound up in the random scenerio generator and never did finish the expansion. Have to revisit that some time.

Currently chugging away with X2 v1.4.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:17 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Got a therible Hunger for Rts games lately so i'm Started on Ground Control 2. (this has to have the best MP of anny Rts ever!)

And the Spellforc addon The Breath of Winter. (was a bit supriced that there was no new playable Races but other than that its fantastic!)

And also decided to replay Preatorians. (wich has to be the hardest Game i played since Operation Flashpoint.)
Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:48 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Playing right now:

Blake Stone (yup, once again).
Zork/Dungeon
Steinzeitspiel (online, text based... have been playing this for some time now)

Can't play any of the newer games until somebody returns another working heat sink.
My comp's name is not Evil Werner anymore... since the old Werner was sold recently. All that remains of him are the drives. The unfortunate things about this: a) I have to use a 'new' casing... an exhibit. Meaning, my comp had to be moved so customers can see it, and I have to polish the casing!
b) to add insult to injury, the new board, processor and casing need more heat sinks than what I have available right now (in terms of returned parts)...
Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:55 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Right now, some of you will know, i have embarked on the hardest quest of all time, of all the rpg games i've played in the past 15 years, this is the hardest, if not impossible task, a mystery.

It is of course, the "real cromanin" quest in Gothic, contrary to some/most people's belief, this is possible, how it is achieved is unknown, me included. There is also a prize (a new pc) awaiting for the first person to find and post screenshot/details before 25/12/2004.

I cannot think of a harder challenge in any other rpg type game, i have never been beaten by any game, except for the infamous "daggerfall". - - - time is running out.

P.S Jaz, keep polishing that casing.
Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:02 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Are you talking about the same chromanin mission(the six books one), cuz if you are, it is easy.
BTW: I'm playing now Morrowind.
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:11 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@X-DANGEr,

Yes thats the one, but not about the easy way to do the quest, which most people know about, but the hard, hidden - alternate solution to the cromanin quest, only two people in the whole wide world have ever achieved finding the answer to the puzzle.
Maybe you should give it a try, i believe you are clever enough to maybe solve the riddle?
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:40 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36, 37, 38  Next