A.I.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
ShadowMage
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

A.I.

Is it just me, or is the A.I in that game a wee to odd. I've tried the different combinations of A.I. standards, but they characters seem behave randomly sometimes.
On more than several occasions, my fighters are just being standing still, while my mage is gettings his pounding of a lifetime. And that's when I've set the Fighter to "Move Freely" + "Attack Freely".

I hope that a patch will fix that.
Post Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:14 am
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

AI

Yeah, there are some issues with the AI of some of the characters. I've had issues with the dwarf fighter, as have others I've seen on other boards. He will stand and do nothing sometimes, but if his target runs off he will follow it into the mouth of hell, despite whatever his setting is. I've found work-arounds in the form of more explicitly controlling who my party is attacking. Keeps him doing his fair share, and keeps him from training 200 more creatures on top of the ones I'm already dealing with.
Post Tue Apr 16, 2002 2:07 pm