sneaking and picking pockets
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Manrico
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

sneaking and picking pockets

I've both the sneak and pick pocket skills, but i don't know how do do them. What are the commands for both.

Thanks

M
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:37 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

i believe that the default key for sneak is "x". you'll change stance and move at a slower rate (beware that you this has limited application outdoors as most creatures will still detect you)

as for pickpocket there is no key but during conversations with named npcs, if you have sufficient dex, you will be given the option to try and pickpocket. you will also be told how difficult is is to succeed with different difficulties requiring different levels of dex (beyond that needed to even make the attempt that is). personally i would save before trying to pickpocket. another couple of points which should be taken into account are that there is an xp award for succeeding which varies depending on the chapter (as opposed to the difficulty level) and pickpocketed items are mostly only available from pickpocketing ie if you beat up a character you will usually not be able to get the item that is available via pickpocketing (sheesh i really gotta brush up on my grammer but hopefully you understood what i was saying)
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:50 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Beware when pick pockets! If your dex rate is low you might see (it would be child's play to steal his purse) on the dialouge screen, but note: don't even think stealing from influence people, they will spot you and you have to pay a fine, also they will fight you. Highest dex rate you will be able to steal from everyone.

Btw: Anyone ever steal the song lyrics? someone in the upper quarter have it I think. Does it have any effect on the game, or just for fun?(and exp)
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:15 pm