Usergroups
Knightshift (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
puma
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

This game is based on a game (as for main ideas) from 1996 named "Polanie". That game was made in Poland and referred to its history, especially the main tribes (hence title) that united some of the other regions and formed a country. It was very good RTS game, full of good humor and challanging quests. I've been waiting for the sequel for a long time. I hope it will be up to its origins.
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:11 pm
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

I've been following the procgress of this game for a while now, and as the release date nears I must admit I'm getting excited about it. It sounds like it's going to be alot of fun to play, the screenshots are fantastic and the characters sound like a wonderful comic relief from the usual colourless and cardboard cutouts that generally grace our PCs.
This game'll be a truely amazing gaming experience and I can't wait for it to start loading on my PC.
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:34 am
Ausir

Yep, this game was first published in Poland as "Polanie 2", and only then in Germany, renamed to "KnightShift", with all references to Polish history removed (the Polans were the tribe that later created Poland - and the game originally took place in 8th century Poland, not in some fantasy land).
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:05 pm

Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Thanx for that history on the game - which I now have and am playing. I do rather enjoy it actually, even tho it's a static camera. But the characters have 'life' and the setting is lovelly (accept for the Barren Lands - I think that's what they're called, I've only just arrived in them). I'm playing the RPG section not the skirmish section - so far anyway.
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:08 pm