Bontonland.cz 'Night of the Raven'
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Monkey Fluff
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Bontonland.cz 'Night of the Raven'

Just attempted to buy a copy (cheeky monkeys' hiked the price 50Kc), but when I pushed my credit details through it threw up this error message: -

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_BOOLEAN_AND in /data/www/bontonland.nlogy.cz/public/platba_kartou_dokonceni.php on line 74

Argh! I've emailed the dudes at bontonland.cz in the hopes that they can confirm whether my order went through, but in the meantime, anyone else encountered a similar problem? I was using Firefox, although I assume (and hope) it didn't have any impact on the secure transfer.
Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:43 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

Is it absolutely certain that this version is all-English, in both speech and subtitiles? I've got that impression from other threads, and this seems to be pretty good place to order from, not very expensive compared Swedish prices, even though the delivery takes up about 40% of the total cost.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:20 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Correct goggle(afaik) on both accounts.

The real reason for posting is to say welcome to the forums however!
Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:25 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

google, Whailor just got his package about 12 hours ago, see the other thread and his results after he installs it.

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor
Well, I wanted the english NoTR so I ordered. If I want something, I get it Anyhoo, the package from the Czech online store arrived today and as soon as I get home, I'll install it and check it out. By the text on the box, it's fully english - voice, text, subtitles, everything.

EDIT: and yes, I bought it from Bontonland in Czech and have received the package, so there's the confirmation

English Add-on and box shot thread.
Post Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:33 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Well, I tried the NoTR package what I got from Bontonland.cz and can confirm this:

1) All text is in english: your dialogue, subtitles, menu, quests (though, I did use my older savegames and the quest "The Eye of Innos" was still shown as "Das Auge Innos", either it came from my older saves or they missed to translate this, rest is all in english );

2) It installs perfectly on UK Gothic 2, which is 1.31 (I think I have 1.31, the UK one ), no additional actions are needed. Just insert the CD and let it run;

3) The add-on requires no patching, as it is already version 2.7 (eng);

4) Box contains just the add-on CD, no papers were with it, probably the manual is on the CD and if it is, in czech language. Can't confirm as I really don't need manual, never did, so it is of little importance for me whether it is there and even if it's in ancient chinese.

And.. well, that's that, works like a charm and all in good ol' english
Post Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:06 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
I did use my older savegames and the quest "The Eye of Innos" was still shown as "Das Auge Innos", either it came from my older saves or they missed to translate this

Using a old savegame will still have the old text in it, German. New entries are in English. Easy to hex edit the file though.

Glad it is working for you! Finially after 2 years we get our English Raven copy.

The manual is four PDF on the CD in four languages, includes English. There was to be a Czech paper manual...

So everyone this is perfect confirmation!!! Good news!
Post Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:49 am
Svetty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Still no game for me. (see my posting in the other thread)

No email confirming game now in stock/transit either despite email informing me that they were expecting more stock in 7 days.

I'm hoping they haven't been advised to 'avoid' exporting to the UK Still, it may be in the post already - I must remain optimistic!

The Devil's Advocate
Post Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:58 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

They are out of stock until for 10 days. They also raised the price from a sale of 599 to 659; regular price is 699. I guess it will cost you a few dollars more now since it selling out so quickly. But since postage is more than the game for shipping, to UK is cheaper, USA is about 70 USD now. UK is 60 USD whatever that is in Pounds or Euro.

Anyone else know of another site in Czech to order from? I guess it they maybe the only one. It is a small country?

Look in the comments section who is this they list personal data on?

"Ken *****_***_*****_********* Rd. 01.09. 2005 04:26
Jonesboro, GA USA"

Should they be displaying that on the screen? IF it is someone here, you should contact them, I will remove this. Wierd.

It is showing the full detail data, I blocked enough out so not to give the world the data. He should contact them and have his info removed.
Post Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:30 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I guess the word went around that they're at the moment only company who also delivers outside of Czech and have english NoTR on sale, and they got emptied within a week. Guess I was lucky then when I ordered the CD right away and didn't wait
Post Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:48 pm
Monkey Fluff
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Okay, well, I just bit the bullet and made the purchase again. Worked a treat this time. I took another huge risk by buying Beyond Divinity in addition to NotR... it wasn't particulary cheap (although it's quite difficult to get hold of a decent copy these days) and I'm not sure any of it's going to be in English. Oh well, it's fun being impulsive ever so often.
Post Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:29 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Speaking of additional titles, then I saw on Bontonland also the pics of The Fall game, and it seemed to be in english too, fully. Again funny situation: game is out in german, english release for UK and YS is not yet out (despite being done) and yet it's already on sale in Easten Europe, fully english and so on.. Just like NoTR. Frankly I just don't get this publishing cumbayaa and acknowledged loss of income by not releasing the product to, basically, biggest (english language) market. In any case, if The Fall becomes available in that shop, I'll get it too.
Post Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:24 am
Fallow
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

currency calculator

Thought someone might appreciate a link to a currency converter

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Shipping to the US costs 40$ for example
Post Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:33 pm
Larbry
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I ordered two copy's today for my buddy and I here in Idaho. It apperars I got a discount on shipping for ordering two? It would have cost me $70 for 1 copy and it looks like it cost me $86 for 2.
Email shows this:
2x : Gothic 2: Night of the Raven (PC)

Total price of the goods: 1092 Kc
Postal charge: 935 Kc
Delivery charge: 0 Kc
Total price of the consignment: 2027 Kc

2027=86.25 (us).
Post Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:27 pm
Monkey Fluff
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Larbry
I ordered two copy's today for my buddy and I here in Idaho. It apperars I got a discount on shipping for ordering two? It would have cost me $70 for 1 copy and it looks like it cost me $86 for 2.
Email shows this:
2x : Gothic 2: Night of the Raven (PC)

Total price of the goods: 1092 Kc
Postal charge: 935 Kc
Delivery charge: 0 Kc
Total price of the consignment: 2027 Kc

2027=86.25 (us).

Yeh, same for when I bought NotR and Beyond Divinity. The weight bracket for one DVD-style case and two DVD-style cases are the same, so the shipping doesn't change.
Post Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:12 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

My copy arrived at work this morning! No manual though Funny actually, I emailed them yesterday saying its not arrived got an email back saying stll hadnt been dispatched, 5 minutes later it was on my desk...

Will install G2 and the expansion fresh tonight, fingers crossed itll all be fine.
Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:39 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next