Is there a use for "Dragon Scales"
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
maga
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Is there a use for "Dragon Scales"

as mentioned, after you learn the skill to take "dragon scales".
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:49 am
milijan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

yes there is you can give it to smith(jan) in the castel or benet on the ornars farm they will make you better armore depends with what giled i you playing or you can sell them good money
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:11 am
Decline
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If you've chosen the path of the mercenary/dragon hunter, the dragon scales can be given to the blacksmith Jan to make medium dragon hunter armour. Jan can be found in the castle in the penal colony.

Otherwise, you can sell them to the mercenary blacksmith, Bennet.

There may be other uses for them, but I can't remember.

[Edit: Whoops, I guess I was a bit late.]
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:46 am
maga
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dragon Armor ? neat, can someone post the numbers of that armor ? (defences) . I'm a Paladin.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:07 am
Borntoeat
Village Leader
Village Leader

you can't get dragon hunters armor if you're a paladin ...medium dragon hunter is about 120 120 don't remember what is fire and magic protection ..dragon hunter armor is for mercenary/dragon hunter character
as a paladin you can get money with scales but I think it's not worth to lose any LP's to that you can remove scales ..that's useless if you're not a dragon hunter, but if you are, you may want to be able to collect dragon blood also
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:02 am
Morahn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Can you use other skins (ie. lurkers skin, shadow beast skin) to make armor as well?
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:59 pm
Borntoeat
Village Leader
Village Leader

I think only trophies are minecrawler plates and dragon scales what can be used to make an armor. I can't surely remember was dragon blood used on heavy dragon hunter armor or was it only used on ore dragon swords. was that armor material dragon eggs... well anyway all other trophies are used only for money or quests... Say if I remember wrong
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:21 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

You use them to make armor or to sell them for money.Nothing else.
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:54 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

the blood was for a strength potion
Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:30 am
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Please Please Please Help!!!!

Can someone tell me how to change the 'take dragons scales' guy's demeanor so that he'll train me?
I've been away for a while, but I finally got around to playing G2 again today - and I royally screwed up. I'm playing as a Dragon Hunter and upon entering Chapter 4, somehow managed to piss off one of the first Dragon Hunters I met in the VOM. Unfortunately for me, he refuses to train me for anything now, and I didn't realize this was a problem until it was too late to go and re-do.
I'm almost positive there's a way to adjust NPC's demeanor by using Marvin, but I don't know how. Can someone help a fellow Dragon Hunter out?? After all, there's a ton of guys running around with really cool armor, and I'M the one who's supposed to be saving the world. I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO TAKE DRAGON SCALES!!
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:33 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

in the beginning of chapter 4 I pissed off almost every dragonhunter and don't had problems. do you know where he is? he is close too the area with all the lizards and fire lizards together with gorn
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:22 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Dragon scales are used to make armor - IF you're a dragonhunter. Either Jan in VoM can take these to create the armor, or Bennet on Onar's farm. Or you can just sell these for cash to Bennet. Dragon blood is used to create Dragon Slayer ore weapons, IF you're a dragonhunter; if you're not, you can sell these all for Jan in castle in VoM for cash and XP.

As for dragonhunters at the entrance to VoM in CH4, then I duelled with many of them, no matter if I was a paladin, mage or dragonhunter myself. The guy who trains weapon skills wants to drinks, to get couple of bottles of gin for him. If still wont work, then checking the char status will also show attitude towards anything, perhaps you can make him more friendly by changing his attitude towards you. I can't recall how to change it and don't have G2 at hand in office, but if I remember and have time, I'll try to check it later at home. But I wont promise
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:44 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

uh don't use the blood on the sword, keep it untill chapter 6 and you will be able to make permanent strength potions of it (2 x 15+ if I'm not mistaken)
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:48 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

You are mistaken

The potion you mean is made from dragon EGGS, namely 10 of those (plus one black pearl and one sulfur). Blood is used ONLY to create the weapons I mentioned, or to sell them for cash and XP to Jan, nothing else.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the potion name is Embarlo Firgasto. And, you can ONLY get 2 of those potions, when you as a dragonhunter in CH5, when collecting the eggs from lizardmen, will NOT give these to Bennet for cash and XP, or at least save 10 of those. Yes, you will get 11 eggs from Halls of Irdorath, but that 11th egg can be used also for extra XP, i.e. once you get the eggs in CH6, speak to Milten AND Bennet about these - they wont take the egg, but you will get XP from both.

Last edited by Whailor on Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:51 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by maga
Dragon Armor ? neat, can someone post the numbers of that armor ? (defences) . I'm a Paladin.

The numbers for the medium dragonslayer armor are:
WP 80
AP 80
DF 50
MA 30
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:53 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next