I cannot become a Vampire!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

I cannot become a Vampire!

I have been playing Morrowind for Xbox for 1.5 years now. I am currently using GOTY. I have logged a good 200 hours with my current character. Major quests and expansions have been completed. I enjoyed being a werewolf. I love killing High Ordinators in Mournhold. I just have one question...how do I become a vampire?

I have tried eating vampire ashes
Letting 20 vampires kick the living snot out of me

still no vampire.

Am I immune to the disease because of completing the main quest?
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:59 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: I cannot become a Vampire!

quote:
Originally posted by kengo2019

Yep, got it in one. Vampirism is transmitted as a common disease, and you'll currently have a huge resistance to it.

But there is hope - you can make yourself a Weakness to Common Disease potion and damage your resistance back to nothing, then go get beaten up by some vampires. That should do the trick!
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:09 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by cfmdobbie
quote:

Yep, got it in one. Vampirism is transmitted as a common disease, and you'll currently have a huge resistance to it.

But there is hope - you can make yourself a Weakness to Common Disease potion and damage your resistance back to nothing, then go get beaten up by some vampires. That should do the trick!

Cool, that sounds like it would work!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:12 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
quote:

How do I make this potion? My character has a bad reputation now...he has killed too many Ordinators. I cannot get rid of my bounty, thus I really can not hold conversations with people anymore. Hopefully I don't need to buy stuff to make this potion?
Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:26 am
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Find any two ingreds with "weakness against common disease", and combine them. Complete list of potions that can be made by alchemy can be found on MWSummit.
Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:54 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by ~NOBODY~
Find any two ingreds with "weakness against common disease", and combine them. Complete list of potions that can be made by alchemy can be found on MWSummit.

I don't see any ingredients like that. I have checked the GOTY Morrowind Prophecies, Morrowind Summit, and made posts on www.morrowind.com. Nobody seems to think this potion will be possible or knows of the ingredients. Besides, I don't think my character will have a high enough alchemy skill.

Guess I will need to roll a new character. I'd like to make a mage/alchemist anyway. At level 47 it takes a freaking eternity to level up anyway.
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:36 am
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

There're plenty of mods on MWSummit that add this ability.
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:54 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
I don't see any ingredients like that. I have checked the GOTY Morrowind Prophecies, Morrowind Summit, and made posts on www.morrowind.com. Nobody seems to think this potion will be possible or knows of the ingredients. Besides, I don't think my character will have a high enough alchemy skill.

I do apologise - you're absolutely right. They've missed that one out, I'm afraid.

However, all is (still) not lost! You can acquire the Weakness to Common Disease spell from various places and either cast it on yourself or get someone to enchant an item with its effect. The following page has a good walkthrough of this process:

http://www.ladymoiraine.com/galomdaeusvampires.htm

Take a look about one third of the way down, in the section entitled "Creating a Vampire".
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:03 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
quote:

I do apologise - you're absolutely right. They've missed that one out, I'm afraid.

However, all is (still) not lost! You can acquire the Weakness to Common Disease spell from various places and either cast it on yourself or get someone to enchant an item with its effect. The following page has a good walkthrough of this process:

http://www.ladymoiraine.com/galomdaeusvampires.htm

Take a look about one third of the way down, in the section entitled "Creating a Vampire".

Thanks. I now have the spell. I am trying to follow what is on lady moraine's site. I have been using trainers and am amazed at how fast I am leveling my character. In one day I have leveled from 47 to 52. I hardly ever used trainers while using the game in the last 18 months. I have so much money though I am training up in Alchemy, Enchant and tons of spell casting. Also, the other day I found a den of vampires and marked their location with a Mark spell. Soon, I should be a vampire. I'll let you know when it actually happens.
Post Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:02 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

OK. I have been trying for 2 weeks to become a vampire. Probably logged a good 25-30 hours trying to pull this off. I have leveled my character 9 levels.

Tried everything from the above mentioned lady moraine site. This stuff is not working. I have been told to lower my luck on other forums. I tried making 100 Drain Luck potions. I have tried making a Weakness to Common Disease spell on SELF that last for 4 seconds for 100%.

My luck is at 57. The only think I can think of is damaging all my stats like when you get into a duel with wizards. You know what I mean? Your stats are like in the RED and you have to use potions or Restore spells to get your stats back.

How do I do this? I would like to damage all my stats to 0 and then try the weakness to Common disease spell on SELF and then eating vampire ashes and clicking on their bodies? Do you guys know how to damage my stats to 0 like when you get in battles with mages?
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:55 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

You can make your stats go down in two ways, Drain them (lasts for the duration of the spell) or Damage them (need to be Restored). However, this really shouldn't be necessary.

Hrm. Eating the ashes won't do anything, and I've always been dubious of the "click on the corpse" technique, but otherwise it sounds like you're doing things right.

When you meet a vampire, take off all your armour to make yourself easier to hit, cast your Weakness to Common Disease spell and drink your Drain Luck potion. Now go into the inventory screen and confirm that the Weakness is active and you've not got any other effects active that may be stopping it (Absorb, Reflect etc).

Allow the vamp to hit you as much as possible, and when your spell runs out re-cast it. Look for the message at the bottom of the screen telling you you've been infected.

Give that a try. If it doesn't work, I'll come up something else - there is always a way around these things. Do you have Bloodmoon, by the way?
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:49 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
You can make your stats go down in two ways, Drain them (lasts for the duration of the spell) or Damage them (need to be Restored). However, this really shouldn't be necessary.

...Do you have Bloodmoon, by the way?

I have been taking off all armour when fighting the vampires. I have only kept the amulet and Daedric shield talked about on Moraines site. I have 2 amulets and 2 Daedric shields both enchanted differnt...1 constant...one on use. One for 12 seconds one for constant.

I do have Bloodmoon & Tribunal as I am using GOTY for xbox.

How do I damage my stats like you mentioned. I think this will be the key...I want to damage all my stats to zero(I have restoration spells for all my skills). I want to do this when I reach the den of vampires and then activate my 100% 4 second Weakness to Common disease spell on self.

Also, I have been letting my life line of about 500 hit points go down to the 30 area. Does my life-line or fatigue have anything to do with how easy or hard it is to contract the disease?
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:58 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

I found a list with these damage spells. I am going to find another list with locations to find them. Then I can tweak them to damage myself. I'll use the tweaked spells once I get to the vampire den. Damage all stats, take off all armour, let the vampires attack me while casting my weakness to common disease spell on self. And finally...I shall become a vampire!!!!!!!

Stumble
Emasculate
Doze
Fleabite
Hornhand
Black Hand
Daedric Bite
Heartbite
Spirit Knife
Stormhand
Fuddle
Hex
Soulpinch
Evil Eye
Clench
Woe
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:18 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

X-Box? Ah. Well, my last idea was going to be creating a mod for you to take care of things. But that's not going to work.

Okay, damaging attributes: I don't think this will change anything, but you should be able to buy a "Damage <Some Attribute>" spell from various places (check the Mage's Guilds and Temples). You can use this to make "Damage <Attribute> on Self" for all your attributes, although I'd recommend not damaging your Willpower or Intelligence too much - you'll need them to cast the Restores!

And now I'm out of ideas. You appear to be doing everything correctly, but it just isn't working. Are you sure the Weakness to Common Disease spell is taking effect?
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:44 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Well, sadly I think I have taken this as far as I can. I got lots of the spells off that list. Now when I visit the mages guild in Balmora they don't let me make custom spells with those spells. Why, I can't figure out. For instance...

Weakness to Common disease is a destruction spell and I can make a version for self.

Yet, Hex(Damage 15-20 points of luck) does not show up on the list for me to make a spell out of.

Drain Luck potions don't work very well.

Can you make damage potions?
Why can't I make spells to damage my attributes? Is this because they say 4/100? Like I need to level it up or something? This is the only thing I can think of why some spells don't show up on the list when I try to make spells. If this is the case how do I "level" individual spells.

Anyway, if you have any ideas about this feel free to share them. Otherwise, I guess I finally have to put this character to rest.
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:44 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next