Usergroups
Morrowind movie - wow!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

We reported about a 18MB (zipped) Morrowind movie at Enter.vg - and of course I downloaded it to have a look at it. 4:29 min gaming footage thatwas shot back in April or My - and it's yet the best thing I have ever seen from Morrowind.

The visuals are breathtaking, and the variety of scenes clearly shows that Morrowind will be outstanding. Hell, this is a dream come true, and I urge you to download this movie, everything else will pale in comparison. Can't wait until this game is released!

Post Tue Oct 23, 2001 4:40 am
Aelhyn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yep, it's amazing! Love the swordfights
Post Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:13 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

It seems to be a slow download, at least for me , am downloading at 3.5 k per seconds.....
Post Tue Oct 23, 2001 9:21 pm
Raldor
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

It looks great and I look forward to playing it. Is the video supposed to have sound?
Post Tue Oct 23, 2001 10:34 pm
Alfonso (Fonzmeister)(AL)
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

There is no sound, so don't worry
Post Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:27 am
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

It looked good, but the combat looked hella lame.
Post Wed Oct 24, 2001 5:16 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Very impressive video. I like the ability to change between the Ultima IX (close overhead)view to the 1.st person view. The enviroment is looking fantastic!
I have no problem, with the action oriented fighting. The movie didn't show a fight where the player tried to move around to avoid hits, or getting an attack from the side or behind of the enemy.
Post Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:09 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I've managed to download it (well, just left the download running overnight), and it's beautiful. The 3d graphics are pretty damn good, and everything looked pretty slick and smooth. Will they release a playable demo?
Post Wed Oct 24, 2001 2:20 pm
Garrett

Well, I wans't that impressed. It looks promising though:
1. Grafx: Looking kinda alien-esque, but not fantasy-like
2. npc's & our hero are way to skinny and tha arms and legs are way to long
3. combat screen: LOL - nobody noticed the way the sword is being held?
Post Wed Oct 24, 2001 3:25 pm
Raldor
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

1. I'd prefer a more traditional fantasy setting too, but I can't fault them for doing something different. I'm not an elder scrolls veteran, but isn't the land of Morrowind supposed to be like that? It looks much like it did in the Redguard manual at least. I just hope this game will be a success so they will make another game in another setting, with even more impressive technology.

2. Yes, the hero is pretty goofy looking. He walks like he's bowlegged or something.

3. Yes again, I noticed the limpwristed hold he has on the sword. It looks like it should fly out of his grip.

But none these things are enough to make me not want the game. Number 1 isn't even necessarily a minus, just a matter of preference. 2 and 3 are minuses, but a small price to pay if the gameplay is good. Hell, I loved Evil Islands and you'd be hard pressed to get a goofier hero than Zak.
Post Wed Oct 24, 2001 3:53 pm
Garrett

uh - I didn't mean the game dosn't look interesting and one can't blame them for the setting. Maybe the setting will look more familiar when they hopefully change the look of some npc's and the hero and the way he holds the weapon. This movie is from E3 after all and some months old now...

[ This Message was edited by: Garrett on 2001-10-24 11:36 ]
Post Wed Oct 24, 2001 4:07 pm
Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Its strange, but I am actually glad that it was delayed. I really hope that they do it right. I am one of the old-timers who loved Arena and Daggerfall, but this looks amazing. I would be happy to wait another year or so, if only to avoid the Ultima 9 type disaster. I know that a lot of people are worried about how much is missing, i.e. the Climbing, Werewolfs, etc, but this is the first hand designed Elder Scrolls, and judging by past puzzles, this could be the game they always wanted to make. Now we have the technology.
Post Wed Oct 24, 2001 4:49 pm
Raldor
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Jay:
I'm glad it was delayed too. I don't mind delays that are for good reason, like actually finishing the game. If a game is released unfinished, I just end up waiting for the patches before I play anyway, so it would be better just to get it when it's really ready.

Could you explain a little more what you mean by "the first hand designed Elder Scrolls"? I'm pretty new to the games, so I don't know much about them, but I've been fascinated by them lately.

Garrett: Sorry, I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. And like you said, maybe some of the things have changed since the video. That would be good with me too.

[ This Message was edited by: Raldor on 2001-10-24 12:21 ]
Post Wed Oct 24, 2001 5:19 pm
Garrett

no offense taken raldor
i didn't make my point clear in my first post.
Post Wed Oct 24, 2001 9:56 pm
Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

The first 2 games consisted of mainly random dungeons, which were sometimes uncompletable. Daggerfall, especially, would have huge random dungeons that were too big. Arena contained some great constructed dungeons, connected to the main plot, which would have riddles and well placed enemys.

What I loved about the Might and Magic games, was that they were big, but each part was well designed. In Morrowind, each dungeon and town is supposed to be developed by the designers, and only the monsters and treasure will be random.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2001 7:06 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next