View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Apheleon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Chapter 5 - Paladin - confused? :(

So , I got this quest to kill those orc elites & the orc colonel

I killed 10 elites & the colonel , now I cant advance in the main quest it seems like.

Lord Hagen doesnt has anything new to say
Pyrokar doesnt has anything new to say
watermage varthas doesnt has anything new to say
xardas is gone with the wind

what the hell should i do?

Is the orc elites a mission u have to completly end ?
Lord hagen is only saying hes waiting for some equipment (with all the knights) .
I found some captain for my ship (@ the ship) and hes now waiting on the ship

thats about it , I cant find any1 in the game now who can say me wtf I should do

plz help ,
tnx
APH
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:38 pm
pismeub
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

first, you need a crew: go to diego(town),vatras(town),lester(xardas tower),milten(monastery),gorn(onars farm),bennet(onars farm),Jorgan -or somthing like that- can be captain (monastery- right next to the door on the inside), wolf (onars farm), biff (@ a large tree near the entrance to Khorines (so inside the valley of mines)), lares (town - harbor). there are more, but you only need min 5, max 9. talk to them and ask them to join you.

Ps: girion is just a shipguard so not part of youre crew.

and there is a letter you reseave from lester, read it, there is a password in it, go to pyrokar (monastery) and ask for the book: Irdorath. read it (the password opens it from itself) and read the note inside. go to the basement talk to a fire mage guarding a library. enter it an walk down the room, pull the lamp and go down the stairs. kill all skeletons and the skeletonmage next to a door. open the door with te key from the book Irdorath. go down the path and kill the 2 skeletons. go through the archdoor and kill the 2 demos and the demonlord. read the book standing in this room, and pick up the flask and the map on the table to the left (there is blank rune there to so pick that up to). one of the book in this room ( the almanac contained a recipe for making a transport rune to a secret room in the monastary. go up agian and talk to pyrokar, buy some holywater somwhere and go to the monasterylibrary to the rune table and create the rune. use it, collect all the goodies and hit the lever, go up go back to the city and to the ship, give jorgan (i think this is his name.....guy from the monastery) the map from the monastery basement, go aboard the ship to the captains cabin and your journey to Irdorath has begun.

Ps: chapter 6 starts at this point.

good luck

=member of The RPGDot Shadows=
=member Gothic Novel Writers=
=member The Allience of middle Earth=

God, smite me, oh mighty smiter!!!
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:35 pm
rootz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i have the same problem. diego/vatras/wolf/gorn/anyone wont join my party, the only person i can get is girion, he is waiting in the harbor. maybe you have to finish the quest for killing the orc colonel first ?
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:56 pm
pismeub
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

no, you don't need to kill the orc colonel first. what guild are you in Paladin/mage/mercenary?

Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:02 pm
rootz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

im a paladin, i got the heavy paladin armor and all that from the secret room. im ch5 im supposed to be getting people for my party but i dont have the option to get anyone !
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:07 pm
Apheleon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I found the solution

just read the sea map that u get from the secret chamber in monastary and then u can ask people
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:07 pm
pismeub
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

rootz, if that is the problem then read it, and talk to the companions after you've read it, it has to work now. (i hope )

Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:10 pm
legacy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hi all!!
I cant find the orc colonel , where is he hiding???? i want to do something bad to him !!!!!! And how many orc rings to i have to collect ???
And do u know that u can get a dargon egg in the cave that is in the valley where Lester was in the beginning it is behind the tomb stone..
Thanks
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:17 am
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by legacy
Hi all!!
I cant find the orc colonel , where is he hiding???? i want to do something bad to him !!!!!! And how many orc rings to i have to collect ???
And do u know that u can get a dargon egg in the cave that is in the valley where Lester was in the beginning it is behind the tomb stone..
Thanks

The Orc Colonel is hiding very close to the town. There is a small wood just oposite of Lobart's with a few wolves, a shadowbeast, a few black gobbos and and orc scout in it. At the far side of the wood, near where you found the orc scout, there is a small passage and a canyon. Go trough the passage and follow the canyon to it's end until you find a cave, in there is the orc colonel and his honor guard. You know you are in the right canyon if you can hear the music that is also played when you enter the Section of the harbor where the Paladins ship is anchored. After you have killed the Orc Colonel you will also be able to pick up a map from him detailing where the Orc Warlords can be found in Khorinis.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:58 am
legacy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:23 pm