Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Stuff I would like to see in future Gothic games.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

quote:
Originally posted by Shmaugus
no, i have it.

in forging weapons and armor you get to design them, then you can make your guy look really kickass! but of course you would need to have lots of training to do this and it would take lots of materials.

a magical attribute on a ring or ammy that adds to your speed

a spell that makes you levitate

and armor pieces instead of sets, still bought in sets but put on in different pieces

a fully translated journal and dialogue

helmet visors that close in combat

a skill that lets you climb mountainsides instead of having to find the path

more than six chapters

and most of all, a game that will take me more than 5 days to beat the bloody hell outta it!

not that you guys didnt do a kickass job on it but the endind was weak

Every suggestion in there is well worth implementing. I want to all those plus a spell or potion to make yourself invisible (temporarily, of course).

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:28 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Razer
To Neo_Genesis: You missunderstood me: I said a battle between an army of men(paladins,knights etc) and an army of orcs and lizardmen(+wargs)

To Bombadill: I totally agree with you

oh, sorry for that
Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:03 am
Mrs. Mud
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Gentle travelers, surely everyone would appreciate clearing up something that is on everyone's mind. I would suggest to the future developers of Gothic, that they would not make it so difficult to find the infamous Nellik's Sword. Yes I know, for those of you that did find, and use the infamous Nellik's Sword, you might question my suggestion. But gentle travelers, the power of the greatest sword in Gothicdom can be shared by everyone. Long live Nellik's Sword and everything it stands for.
Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:32 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:19 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by MageofFire
quote:
Originally posted by Shmaugus
no, i have it.

a magical attribute on a ring or ammy that adds to your speed

a spell that makes you levitate

and armor pieces instead of sets, still bought in sets but put on in different pieces

a fully translated journal and dialogue

helmet visors that close in combat

:

Every suggestion in there is well worth implementing. I want to all those plus a spell or potion to make yourself invisible (temporarily, of course).

So, basically you want Gothic 3 to become Morrowind?
Oh, and please explain the whole Helmet visor thing -- what would be the advantage of that considering we can't see the front of our hero when he's fighting? Are you thinking a protection bonus or something?
Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:12 am
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

GOTHIC --> ^_^

MORROWIND --> *_*

--------------------------------------------------
I agree with the helmet visoring idea. It would be too strange if those paladins do not have their helmets visored during fights , I never know even one such example happened in history, exception will appear only in trainings.
Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:42 pm
Speider
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You've got some good ideas... i like the combo idea, and underwater fighting... jsut makes the game a little more open to venture... just hope some will go through
Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:55 pm
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thanks!

Every useful advise will go through, believe me. The matter is, maybe PB will not have all of them done in G3. Anyway, they need to keep the balance among the game quality, the product's selling and the cost on developing the game... we will see...
Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:24 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I think the ability to cast protection spells on yourself would be nice. Also, not every spell should be able to be interrupted by getting hit.

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:13 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

im not saying that they should make it like morrowwind, im just saying that it would be cool to be able to design your own armor and weapons when you make them
Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:04 pm
Razer
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

What about Gomez.I would like to meet him again.Ressurected ofcourse or like a skeleton with the stats of Gomez in G1 and a rusty Innos Rage(100 dmg).And he will seek vengeange(pls correct spelling if necessary) on you.
Better than fighting Xardax.
Post Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:27 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Whoa? You have to fight Xardas in Gothic 2? Hey, this is Gothic 2 General forum, not Gothic 2 Spoilers! I haven't gotten that far in Gothic 2 yet, so I would appreciate you NOT spoiling it for me!

Post Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:54 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

No spoiler there. Was saying that for future games

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:57 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Thank God! I never thought of Xardas as a traitor!

Post Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:32 am
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:

Razer:

What about Gomez.I would like to meet him again.Ressurected ofcourse or like a skeleton with the stats of Gomez in G1 and a rusty Innos Rage(100 dmg).And he will seek vengeange(pls correct spelling if necessary) on you.

Better than fighting Xardax.

Truly spoken! I appreciate this great idea!

I suppose everyone of us DO love kicking Gomez's ass, and I have do that more than 40 times... I simply could not help beating him again and again and again... I would like the skeleton of Gomez to be the lord of the shadow lord archl and has super weapon which can be gotten by us after we defeat him... and super protection !

quote:
MageofFire:

Thank God! I never thought of Xardas as a traitor!

As to Xardas... well, it is not simple to say, but in my opinion PB will NOT simply make him to a total bad guy... if they do so, it is only means the story will just be unsophisticated... they need the story line to be made as complex as possible, so they will get more points to give us surprises(Think how we react the first time we hear Xardas will become a 'bad' guy...), besides, the game could also be extended so PB could make more money...

There are lots of discussions about Xardas: the big bad, the seeker for great power, the head of darkness... But I guess he will still help us in some way even if he had become the head of darkness while our hero is serving Innos ... The most important part of this story should be related to the role of the Gods, the war between Innos and Belier, and Adonos is still hiding for now... (Another "The Lord of the Rings", isn't it?)... But we can hardly say who is right, Innos or Belier, though Innos seems to be the justice side... We must know EXACTLY for what reason the wars began between the two brothers... the original reason... Though Xardas is the servant of Belier, he does has his own mind after all, so will be our nameless hero...

Well, if Gothic would become another "The Lord of the Rings", the character that will become "the Ring of Power" should be the Godfarther, "Ra". The difference between them is, "the Ring of Power" signifies Great Evil, while "Ra" could not be described as Good or Evil, because he is the beginning of all things...

[Someone would like to see that Xardas will KILL Belier and take his position, hehe..., funny. Belier is charging the dead, so how could he be KILLED and become a dead that charged by himself? Xasdas cannot charge all the dead and 'the Dead Belier', unless he becomes a new god, but that seems not to be happen...]
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:25 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next