Village Dweller
Village Dweller

gaaaah..is Shany savable at all?

no matter what I try she's a dead un...
Post Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:29 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

It is a question of timing: if you disrupt the ritual before the priest invokes the demon, Shany should be OK.

The cultist walk in a long line; don't wait for the last one to enter the secret room as it will be too late for Shany.
Post Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:26 pm
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Stay as close to the rear priest as possible with stealth, then as soon as you hear her scream rush in and kill all the priests.
Post Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:16 pm
Detori
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The problem I had was that as soon as I entered the secret room one of the priests ran to Shany and quickly killed her...
...the trick (for me) was to use paralyze on the priest closest to Shany, and while frozen, beat him to death
Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:38 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I used a bow in that particular quest to distract the main priest from the ritual, then all of them went to attack me and forgot about Shanny. This way I didn't even realised that there was such a little time window to save the girl..
Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:41 pm
Leachman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Kill the priests early

I was in the room where the stairway to level 6 is. I got a cutscene where the priests came up through the stairwell and started heading off to the secret sacrafice room. I just killed them all immediately, right in that room with the stairs in it. When I was done that, I knew where they would be going (I had previous discovered the secret room), so I ran off to the sacrafice room. As I approached I could hear Shany screaming.

I prepared myself and took out the priest-mage and a couple of others that were waiting for me there, then I killed the demon. Shany survived.

I think the trick for me was to kill the string of priests that come up from the stairwell from level 6 as soon as possible.

Leachman
Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:50 pm
persself
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
then I killed the demon.

How? I have tried and tried, even scoring double damage a couple times, and I can't kill demon. I don't have rune Movis for paralize. My strongest magic seems to be fireball at the moment.

Killed all 4 priests that emerged during cutscene way before they got to the sacrifice room. Apparantly, there's another priest in the room who comes out as I walk up the path to the door, but by this time the demon is already summoned.

Is there a particular weapon or magic that seems to work well against the demon?
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:25 pm
persself
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Merz
It is a question of timing: if you disrupt the ritual before the priest invokes the demon, Shany should be OK.

I agree, but I still can't kill the last priest in the room before Shany dies. But I think I'm getting closer to success....I killed a couple of priests right away, walking up the path with fireballs(quickest method for me). Then ran up near the 3rd one, he heard me, and I dropped him with one or two fireballs. Ran PAST the 4th priest walking along to get far enough ahead of him to precast my 3 fireballs and waited for that priest to approach the final short path before I entered the room. Good, no demon and Shany still alive. But by the time I killed the 2 remaining priests(one originally in the room and the 4th from the cutscene), Shany was dead-and I did not let either priest get near her.

It is odd that Shany doesn't seem to die after demon is summoned, BUT I DO!!
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:40 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Hmm, it is strange that there seemsso many problems with saving Shany.. May be it was easier for me because my character is stealthy. Basicly I was killing one cultist after another, and when I entered the secret room the head cultist was performing the ritual and the other cultists were sitting.. Then I shot an arrow in the back of the head cultist, and then everyone rushed to atack me. No demon was summoned. When I kill all cultists, Shany was alive.

BTW, played version 1.15.
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:14 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Yep, this was pretty similar for me. I used a bow (I might have added poison - can't remember). As the last cultists turned the corner I used some fireballs on them and then the rest were sitting down. I never saw a demon and didn't realise there was a limited time window.

Ed. Sp
Post Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:22 am
persself
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Merz
Basicly I was killing one cultist after another, and when I entered the secret room the head cultist was performing the ritual and the other cultists were sitting.. BTW, played version 1.15.

I'm playing 1.15 also. But something I don't have is cultists sitting in the room. I had the 4 come from the cutscene and then 1 more in the room.

Maybe I should kill all but one or 2 before getting to the room and wait for the remaining 1 or 2 to sit down inside the room?
Post Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:43 am
mudman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Shany

I'm still running around trying to find her! I can hear her but I can't find out where the room is?!Is it anywhere near the hallway with the field in front of it? When I remove the field and enter this area I keep getting attact by some sort of soldiers and havn't seen anypriests as yet??
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:15 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

As you enter the level, you should see the airduct to the left and underground sea in distance ahead. You have to take the passway on your right and go to the very end (it's a rather straight walk). When you arive to ther dead-end (if you see some woden catwalks in visinity, then you are in the right spot), use a torch in the wall, it should open the secret room (at least that's what cultists seem to do, I never did it myself). That's how you get in the secret room w/o cultists.

However, this quest expects you to come to the snake pillar, spot the cultist, and follow them into the secret room.
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:01 pm
Lordof_Destruction
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Demon huh?

Well, he's a piece of cake... if you have the right things... and powerful stats... I went there after solving 80% of the Temple of Akbaa... and got my hand on some real cool stuff:

In Level 5 - A part where there are 2 Trolls... There should be a corpse with a Bejweled Sword stuck on it... if not try using the Ciprian Sword (bought from the blacksmith in Human City with 900++ Gold...).

Then, I got a Long Shield from the soldier's room (where you first find Carlo) and equipped it. Plus, I've got another Fireball spell stocked after killing all the priests...

Of course, I casted Heal or used a Life Potion(L) when my HP is really low...
Post Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:28 pm
Quindaka
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I found it easy to save Shany. As I followed the priests I mistakenly went too quickly and as I rounded a corner two came back at me and I quickly hacked them up. I rushed up and two more were in the corridor leading to the secret room and I made quick work of them. So when I entered the secret room there was only two left and I immediately rushed the head guy and killed him with one swipe before he could cast the spell on Shany. I then made quick work of the final priest. So I think the key to my success was killing the four priests outside the room so, once I went in, I could head straight for the big guy without any distractions.
Quindaka
Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:45 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next