when do you get heavy militia armor
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
TheDarkside
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

when do you get heavy militia armor

I'm about level 9 now and andre has no more quests for me, the only militia-type quest i have is the one by lord hagen to check out valley of mines. So I have seen no one that even tells me I can get better armor if I progress in level or something like that similar to Gothic.

I'm not sure if i can take orcs yet though w/out better armor and more training. should i explore more of khoroinis wilderness or is it ok to go through the pass now?
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:55 am
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

You can buy it in the Old Castle, with Senet or Senget or whatever his name is, the guy who controls the food rationing also you can buy THE map to the Valley of the Mines, the one you can use M on.

Hint: Save up 24 pieces of Meat, Cooked meat, Ham, etc as long as they all add up to 24, you will see why when u get there
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:07 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by DABhand
You can buy it in the Old Castle, with Senet or Senget or whatever his name is, the guy who controls the food rationing also you can buy THE map to the Valley of the Mines, the one you can use M on.

The man-at-arms merchant is called Engor, at least in my version of game. (German v1.30) He stays in the castle (indoor) all the time.

DABhand may probably mean Sengrath, the sentinelling paladin who stands at the "entrance" of the castle.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:21 am
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I cant remember the names yet

But hes inside the building next to the smithy area in the castle, on the gate side where you go in to get a bed there. Hes in the room to the right reading a book, he sells the next armor.

But Engor seems familiar
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:25 am
Jack Sisco
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

no accualy u could just buy meat off him and give it back to him...that way you could just get the quest done no prob.... keep in mind this i put exp over money...so bring like 300 gold...and do not think of this post if ur money tight....just playing to level 7 i have 2,500 gold(ty for pickpocket and looking for lether sachels, and just plain hunting for animals). just tring to be helpfull and teaching u to read faster in the maen time....
wave came.
Both: lol
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:37 am
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by DABhand
Hint: Save up 24 pieces of Meat, Cooked meat, Ham, etc as long as they all add up to 24, you will see why when u get there

I tried this quest, but the bastard takes all the meat and doesn't give me anything in exchange! (or say something, no others dialogue options... it's like i didn't gave him anything) i suppose it's a bug...
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:06 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

He should have the separate dialog line about buying this armor.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:05 pm
krazydude
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i have a problem here, i have read before that the armor costs 1200, but he refuses to sell it for less than 2500. Did i do something wrong? i did his quest too, that stingy bastard.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:14 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

The price is fixed in that dialog line. It`s 2500 - no barter options on this one. Somebody told You wrong or misunderstood You.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:23 pm