Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Things that make me wonder
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread

First off, a warning. This is directed at people who have finished the game, so if you are still early on, there are possible spoilers ahead.

So now...
When you finish the game, your game gets saved as endgameX.sav. What is this savegame good for? Usually, such games are used to export your party to the sequel/expansion. But there will be no sequel/expansion, and if there is, definitely not with this party (combat is kinda boring when you can just write your opponent out of existence). Further, you cannot load that game. So, why is it there???
Next, you get the astral dominae from that ratkin mafia guy. But what if you kill him before he has it?
Also, if you didnt disarm the bomb in the tower before ascending, does the Dark Savant really blow up the world? Does this ending have its own extro?
If you have a 1 character party, and that char is female, what happens when al-sedexus wants a victim?
If you have only 1 char, what happens if that char gets turncoated?
Lastly, something more down to earth. If you play with less than 6 characters, can you hire more than 2 NPCs?

Thanks for helping me with those..err..vital issues.
Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:45 pm

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:

On 2002-04-03 15:45, Anonymous wrote:
When you finish the game, your game gets saved as endgameX.sav. What is this savegame good for?

Don't know. Since there isn't going to be a sequel.
quote:

Next, you get the astral dominae from that ratkin mafia guy. But what if you kill him before he has it?

I think he still has it. That would be reasonable.
quote:

Also, if you didnt disarm the bomb in the tower before ascending, does the Dark Savant really blow up the world? Does this ending have its own extro?

Yes, he does.
quote:

If you have a 1 character party, and that char is female, what happens when al-sedexus wants a victim?

You can't sacrifice anyone then, not even an NPC.
quote:

A whole lot of trouble for you.
quote:

Lastly, something more down to earth. If you play with less than 6 characters, can you hire more than 2 NPCs?

Haven't tried that yet. Anyone else know?

Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:57 pm
Mage_77
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
When you finish the game, your game gets saved as endgameX.sav. What is this savegame good for? Usually, such games are used to export your party to the sequel/expansion.

It is for the sequel/expansion. Im only guessing but due to circumstances with-in Sir-Tech there isnt likely to be either unless another company takes up the reins on the Wizardry Series and its likely that its either:
A) Part of the game engine itself that creates this & it wouldnt be worth the effort to remove this out of it.
or
B) It was put in early durign the coding of the game & was never removed as it wasnt considered important.

quote:

I often play with a fairy ninja in my group and usually kill the Don by level 10/11 for the CoC. The Don always has the A.D wether you have been to the swamp & triggered the scene with the DS or not.

quote:

Yes he does & IMO its one of the best endings in the game compared to the other ones.

quote:

Wether you have a 1 character party or a full group if they are all females what you will need to do is this:
1st remove any NPC's you have with you then equip one of the female characters with the stuff you are required to equipped then offer up the female to Al-Sedexus & she will accept the female party member.

quote:

I actually have no idea with this as ive never had a character that has been turncoated before in a solo game. My guess is it would either end up going as:
A) Game ends
or
B) Battle ends until turncoat wears off your character.

quote:

No you can never hire more than 2npc's into your group even if you have less than the 6 allowed limit of characters.

Hope that helps with your questions.

-------------------------------------
Dont believe everything you hear - Sleep IS over-rated.

[ This Message was edited by: Mage_77 on 2002-04-03 16:49 ]
Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:47 pm
Shadow_Fyre
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I often wonder why a beer can't taste great and be less filling?

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 2:59 pm

quote:
On 2002-04-03 15:45, Anonymous wrote:
When you finish the game, your game gets saved as endgameX.sav. What is this savegame good for? Usually, such games are used to export your party to the sequel/expansion. But there will be no sequel/expansion,

When Wiz8 was being written, there was already plans being made for a Wiz9 and Wiz10, this was one of the contributing factors to why STC took so long to release Wiz8. They were looking for a publisher to take on distribution of Wiz8 and also front-up with funds for Wiz9 and Wiz10.

When this fell through, they did their "deal with the devil" with the one-month exclusive deal with EB.

So, yes there is an ENDGAME.SAV file, and yes it would have been used to import in Wiz9, but the winds of change blew in the wrong direction and the sequals are nothing more than a large folder of post-it notes, sketches and diagrams in someones filing cabinet.

Wolfie
http://wiz8.web1000.com/
Post Mon Apr 08, 2002 4:17 am