The "mole-rat grease" cave :-)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

The "mole-rat grease" cave :-)

I know there are a bunch of topics already regarding this topic, but even though I have just been through few of them, I haven't been able to find an answer to my question. Namely, it isn't there, anymore! I remember pretty well where it used to be, but now in TNotR it seems to be missing. Is it just me, or the cave was indeed removed?
Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:49 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

You know, it is very amusing to see how nobody either ever noticed the cave missing, or it is just that nobody cares...
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:50 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

What cave? Located where? I just started playing the add-on and I know every cave in the game from the original version, so I'll look it up if you tell me which one.
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:36 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

The one with the stuck winch. Or rather, the one near a battle site in the forest to the north of the city.
Post Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:48 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

The stuck winch, I know where it is. Not too far from a stone circle, right? With a few lizards outside it if I remember correctly. I'll check it out as soon as I get there(playing the add-on now).

I've noticed other changes as well to the world, for instance the stairs down from Lobarts farm(where you first meet the pirate Greg). I used to jump over the small edge there, but now I could simply walk down a few stairs. Nice!
Post Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:44 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by hwfanatic
You know, it is very amusing to see how nobody either ever noticed the cave missing, or it is just that nobody cares...

We were just ignoring you...

I would have answered if I had an addon.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:30 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

This is very strange. I have the add-on, and the cave is still there. I still have the stuck winch which says "you don't have the right key" or something like that. Hmm..
Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:12 pm
Z-lot
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Very strange... I managed to move the winch without problem and move the iron bars. Didn't require any key though.
Post Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:56 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I remember having done that once myself. Don't remember where I got the needed item though. You require a key, or some other kind of special item, to open it, but I don't know what. Seem to remember that there was a log from a guy who made wine or something in there. Hmm..
Post Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:53 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

You need molerat fat to grease and "unstick" the winch. You get a dialog saying you don't have the right item if molerat grease is not in your inventory. You can get the molerat fat from one of the two brothers you make fight each other.(coupla quest here)

The cave was used by one of the farmhands on Lobart's farm to make gin.(which contains a quest)

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:28 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ahh, now it's coming back to me! You can get the grease in the storage room of the Paladins' Ship as well! That's where I got it, I think.
Post Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:17 pm