A key to a door...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
BluesodA
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A key to a door...

Does anyone know how to get a key to the room next to the treasury in the monastery cellar?

Also I'm quite sure there's a bug to be reported as well...you see the Lizardmen guarding those dragon eggs in several caves in ch4 never showed up. Caves are still as empty as when I left them last time I've been to them on my killing sprees. I was hoping that after killing the dragons they should show up but then I went further to ch5 and that was apparently too late to see any more Lizardmen in this game. It's a shame really as I've missed a lotta XP coz of this...
Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:05 am
K_Murx
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

First, our reptilian friends only show up when you're playing merc. Paladin or mage don't get the quest (though others instead), the eggs and the experience (though that's compensated otherwise).

For the door next to the treasury, it's key can only be obtained in course of one of the quests as a novice. The stuff behind the door isn't worth stealing anyway...
Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:54 am
BluesodA
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I had understood that those Lizardmen would appear anyway even if you're not a merc and get it as a quest...

What comes to the door in monastery so I just get irritated if I don't get in somewhere...even when it's not necessarily worth it......hehe
Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:20 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

If you aren't a merc then the location's of the lizardmen that do appera are on the way to the city from xardas' tower and in the valley were lester was near to xardas' tower. To get there go through the first cave you ever encountered were the goblin was guarding the entrance near the pond/weaterfall go all the way through and there you should come to a forest witth a cave in it somewere. Besides if you are a paladin you should have noticed a lot of orcs around instead of lizard men, and if your a mage then there will be loads of seekers allover the place.
Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:34 am
BluesodA
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I see. Yeah well...I'm a XP-thirsty paladin on 34lvl and graving for more...what can I say....I loooove killing 'em!... Forgot to mention that I already took care of those Lizardmen in the valley under Xardas's tower in ch4.

Now if you excuse I have have some serious recruiting to do for my ship before I'm off to finish this game...

Thanks for you help anyway...
Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:39 pm
rcarter3
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I am not 100% on this but I do know you can find a dragon egg and lizard men as a mage in the valley where you first find lester. The egg is behind the tomb stone just like it is when you are on the quest as a Merc/Dragon Hunter. I haven't verified it as a Militia Man/Paladin but I am betting the same is true there as well. It could just be there so you can fulfill the quest for a Dragon Egg for Brother Neoras as a mage if you missed the egg from the VoM or sold it or something like that but I have a feeling this crosses the entire specturm of guilds.

Just a FYI

On the door issue in the Monastery there are keyed doors in the catacombs below the main level one for the larder and one for the treasury. Brother Gorax has both keys. the Larder key he gives you as a novice to hand out sausages and the other you have to get via pickpocketing him.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:58 am