Members
Usergroups
Stuck at second part of the first 'blade' quest
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Rej

Stuck at second part of the first 'blade' quest

hmmm, After returning the puzzle cube to the fighter's guild guy, he told me to go see my spymaster with a note.. so far so good... I give the note to my spymaster and then he tells me to go meet someone in the mages guild to get more info on the Nev<something..can't recall the entire word> prophecies.

Sounds easy.. but the only problem is that the NPC in questions is gone (I think he or she left near the time I did the fake soul gem in the Mage Guild, altho I'm not sure about this).. and I can't find him/her anymore (searched the entire town a few times as well as the guild tons of times)...

Is this part of the main quest? or do I have a problem? (if other people were able to get thru that part, meaning the NPC was where he was supposed to be, let me know... that will mean that I probably encountered a bug and will have to restart <sigh>..

Thx in advance..

Rej
Post Sun May 05, 2002 9:10 pm

Breakapart
Village Leader
Village Leader

Isn't that Mage the one that sells only potions? If i remember correctly, it is, he/she will send you on a "favor" quest to get the book/notes you need.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 11:33 pm
Rej

Missing NPC

Yeah, that's the one... for some reason, I can't find him anymore (rechecked again a few times yesterday, thru the whole town).

I'm realizing that I'll have to restart the game if I wish to go on the main quest (which I intend to).... I tried to post this info on the MW official site but haven't been able to yet.

Post Mon May 06, 2002 3:00 pm

Breakapart
Village Leader
Village Leader

That mage is at the bottom of the stairs in the Mage Guild house in Balmora. At the bottom of the stairs take a quick left you should see him/her standing by all the potions on the shelf. I have been in that Mage Guild house about 40 times and that NPC has NEVER moved from that spot.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 3:04 pm
Fasttrak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

She is in the Mage Guild house and like the previous poster stated, all the way to the bottom and when there she is on your left selling potions.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 3:11 pm
RiggsWolfe

Missing Mage

It's a bug. She isn't there for me either, and I can't get her back
Post Mon May 06, 2002 8:34 pm

memnoch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Same here. It does seem to look like a bug. I had completed all the mage guild quests and somewhere before she had disappeared. Why or where I dont know. No-one else seems to either. If the devs know they are keeping tight lipped. My guess is they won't say anything until there is a fix.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 4:53 am
saracen31

I read about a fix on Usenet. There is a console command to get her standing there again. Don't remember what it was, as I didn't run into the problem.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 9:03 am

saracen31

Actually, here is the fix

placeatpc "sharn gra-muzgob",1,1,1
Post Tue May 07, 2002 9:20 am