SOE: Sony MMO Mega Collection to Hit Retail @ IGN
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Wildefire
General Goods Vendor
General Goods Vendor

SOE: Sony MMO Mega Collection to Hit Retail @ IGN

Sony has just announced <a href="http://pc.ign.com/articles/688/688717p1.html" target="_blank">the Station Access Collection</a>, a DVD-ROM package that includes the company's most popular MMO titles with 30-day trials for each one. <br><blockquote><em>Sony Online Entertainment today announced the Station Access Collection, an anthology of the company's most popular massively-multiplayer online titles, including EverQuest II and Star Wars Galaxies. The Collection will pack its goodness onto DVD-ROM for a suggested price of $39.99. <br> <br>The anthology includes EverQuest Evolution (which includes EQ's first five expansions); EverQuest II; The Matrix Online; PlanetSide Aftershock (including all expansions); and Star Wars Galaxies (including the Jump to Lightspeed expansion). Each game will come with a free 30-day trial period. <br> <br>Look for the Station Access Collection to arrive at retailers on March 14. <br><a href="http://pc.ign.com/articles/688/688717p1.html" target="_blank">More...</a></em></blockquote>
Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:30 am
Kepler
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hard to port!
Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:37 am
Kepler
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Sigh. My wit is so under-appreciated. Either that or it is just not funny.

Ok, bonus points for anyone who can explain the meaning of my first post.
Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:12 am
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ships would swing hard to port to aviod collison and sinking? What does the points get you?

Is it a nodical term for gay sailor sex? And SOE likes gay saolor sex?
Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:39 am
Wildefire
General Goods Vendor
General Goods Vendor

Okay, Roqua, you frighten me. But Kepler, I both got and LOLed at your comment, however... I try to stay away from threads like this!

I'll break it down for Kepler's fans: He sees Sony's collection with free trials as a desperate attempt to gain subscribers now that their recent patches and promotions aren't bringing in as much business as they like (in fact, may be having the opposite effect)... especially after SOE declared open war on World of Warcraft a few months ago.

Since I'm trying to stay objective, a different view of the situation would be that Sony believes they have some great games and they want to make it easier for folks to try them out (even on DSL a client download for an MMO can be brutal). Many gamers do say they'd be interested in looking at MMOs if they could get a free trial first.

Bonus points, please, ol' Kep.
Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:33 am