Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic 3 Facts and discussion thread (06/04/04)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Does this post need to become sticky?
yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
no
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author Thread
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
Just an off-topic question Daedalus, do you know which Gothic 2 mods are being made. Diccuric was a gothic 1 mod, but there supposed to be some G2 mods too.

There are no finished mods for the second sequel, but the next few are in the making:

There are surely more of them out there, mostly minor projects, but these three are supposedly promising.
Post Thu May 06, 2004 9:05 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ehe the map is done very nicely indeed but its too big i dont think G3 will be that big cos if all the map would be available it would be bigger than morrowind
Post Fri May 07, 2004 2:22 pm
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

@Sem:

It is my pleasure to share whatever I found to we Gothic Fans, and your post answered my question to Gorath days ago, I am very glad to read your new information... GOOD WORK!!

Yeah, your new info. is a bomb to me ---- PB will send the entire world to us in G3... oh, but I'd rather they just relase half of that... because this means they will develop the fourth story in future anyway... But now... and our hero perhaps become a super-hero in the end of the G3 story, all of these seem that G3 will be the END of Gothic series ... [Yes, I just found that the G4 link - www.gothic4.com is canceled now, but about one or two months ago if you typed that in IE you would go to piranha-bytes' home page!! ]

Anyway, your work is PERFECT, Sem, thank you!!
Post Fri May 07, 2004 5:51 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Hi-Necro
@Sem:

It is my pleasure to share whatever I found to we Gothic Fans, and your post answered my question to Gorath days ago, I am very glad to read your new information... GOOD WORK!!

Yeah, your new info. is a bomb to me ---- PB will send the entire world to us in G3... oh, but I'd rather they just relase half of that... because this means they will develop the fourth story in future anyway... But now... and our hero perhaps become a super-hero in the end of the G3 story, all of these seem that G3 will be the END of Gothic series ... [Yes, I just found that the G4 link - www.gothic4.com is canceled now, but about one or two months ago if you typed that in IE you would go to piranha-bytes' home page!! ]

Anyway, your work is PERFECT, Sem, thank you!!

Be careful with your conclusions. No-one from PB has confirmed yet so there can change a lot.

About the website www.gothic3.com is also cancelled but I know for sure there will be a Gothic 3 , I think they will just keep the site www.piranhabytes.com and make a G3 section on the site the same way they did with the addon.
Post Fri May 07, 2004 6:59 pm
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

@Sem:

Well, I hope you are right, and I am wrong...
Post Fri May 07, 2004 7:55 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Canceling a site doesn't mean anything
Post Fri May 07, 2004 8:08 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Yes, if they use this world then it will be HUGE. I sort of had it in my head that there would be no need to return to Khorinis in G3 - that would save them a lot of design work. Considering the maps given here are just fan-art I think that realistically it is highly doubtful the finished product will be very similar to them. Of course I hope that the world is that big, but I certainly hope that PB sticks to their style of gameplay and that I don't wind up getting lost on a veritable 'continent' with 100's of pointless quests like in Morrowind.
Post Fri May 07, 2004 11:19 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Jabberwocky I don't know about you but I liked Morrowind although not as much as Gothic
Post Sat May 08, 2004 10:04 am
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I think that i wouldent like it if the game world was so big.
I would rather have small better designed maps like there was in G1 And G2.
If you get a map so big ore bigger than Morrowind would it probobly mean that
It wouldent be so god designed and less time spendt on the difrent areas
of the game.
No, i say that it is better with smaler and better designed maps.
Rather than one gigantic and less interactive world.
Post Sat May 08, 2004 11:57 am
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Yamcha
Jabberwocky I don't know about you but I liked Morrowind although not as much as Gothic

I loved all the Gothic games,but I didn`t like Morrowind at all.....it was too...hmmm...unreal.Everywhere you turned there was an animal that looked like as if it came from Mars....the people weren`t human too.Many of who played Morrowind said that it`s graphics are much better than Gothic`s but I don`t agree with that at all....it was too "dark".And the music wasn`t at all my flavor.
Gothic is the best rpg that I have EVER played and I am really angry with Atari and JoWood for being this *ssh*les for not caring at all,wether there will be an english version of Noght of the Raven or not.Because if they would have cared just a little bit then we would be playing with it for a long time now.
Post Sat May 08, 2004 12:01 pm
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Rydjord
of the game.

I agree with you,but it wouldn`t be that bad if you would have a VERRYYYYY BIIIIG world to play in.If they would create a world 5 times bigger than Khorinis it wouldn`t necessary mean that it is not good designed because they would make many loading sites...so that the next part of the world would be as good designed as the toher.I hope you understand what I`m trying to say .
Post Sat May 08, 2004 12:04 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well the G3 landscape WILL be much much bigger than it was in G1 and 2 cos those parts were on a bigger island but now u going to Myrthana its not an island its the mainland and it needs to be big at least 5x bigger than Gothic 2.
Post Sat May 08, 2004 12:27 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Rydjord
of the game.

I never said that Morrowind is better than Gothic.
About the size of the game I would just like to say that this game was quite a few years in development so they dedicated their time to something else than graphic or size. It's so gigantic beacuse it's for everyone, if you want to level up and kill animals just search the world or if you want to quickly (about 40-50 hours) finish the game just do the quest associated with the story (main quests)
Post Sat May 08, 2004 8:24 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

apples and oranges

I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone who thinks Morrowind is a great game. I for one agree that it is, and have spent upwards of 100 hours on it. And yes Yamcha, you can beat it in half that time if you stay focused. But who can do that?? I for one can't. I have to see everything and explore everything that the game designers intended for me to see. Therefore I stick to my original wish that G3's world be much bigger, but as so aptly put by someone else, that it not lose any quality in making it big.

Comparing Morrowind to Gothic has been done time and again in countless other forums. I wonder why we're so fascinated with putting these two at each others' throats? (I'm guilty as much as anyone) Really it's like comparing apples to oranges - they're both totally different. (Gothic is better )

Anyway, I would like to say that I really liked the style the Gothic graphic engine has in the way things 'look'. I am looking forward to a new and improved engine, but I hope that everything retains the 'style' that the first two had. Incidentaly, has anyone played Enclave? I still think the graphics from that game are incredible and would love to see that engine used in a game like Gothic.
Post Sun May 09, 2004 11:09 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

We don´t need another Gothic vs. Morrowind thread. Stay on topic or I close the thread.
Post Sun May 09, 2004 11:32 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next