Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
FRAMERATE BOOST - "unofficial patch"
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread

Normally, we would remove a thread with a crack at once - and ban the one who posted it. Since the safedisk remover is helping people to gain performance, and since you still need the original CD, we tolerate it here.

But let me stress it: we have zero tolerance against crack and warez here. Just keep that in mind. Thanks.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 9:37 pm

olaf

Anyone know how to make the game skip the bethesda screen and the little animation/movie that plays just prior the main menu? You can hit ESC twice, but I'd rather just go straight to the menu.

olaf
Post Sat May 04, 2002 9:40 pm

radioman970
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Great post!

Thanks for this. Haven't tried it yet but sounds like it's the thing to improve the herky jerkys. Too bad I already ordered that GF4Ti4600 earlier today...dang...and I don't have time to cancel. Dang.

I had to use one of these to bypass the diskcopy protection for THIEF 2 THE METAL AGE some years back. It would lock up at the protection screen. Looking Glass' (may they RIP) tech told me it was my yada yada yada. I knew it was a bum CD-ROM.

Anyway, thanks!
Post Sat May 04, 2002 10:07 pm
Decado
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Didn't work for me
Post Sat May 04, 2002 10:33 pm
Jamison
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

:)

Last edited by Jamison on Fri Jun 07, 2002 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Sat May 04, 2002 11:22 pm
JohnnyRock30

Thank you Jamison! I really didn't have that much of a frame rate drop, but I decided to install the "patch" anyway and WOW. It made a huge difference in the frame rate in the cities. You da man!
Post Sun May 05, 2002 1:23 am

iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

To the moderators:

Can you guy make this a 'sticky'? It's not exactly a crack, and it seems to be helping a lot of people. When my game comes in early next week, I want to be able to find this thread..
Post Sun May 05, 2002 2:12 am

Thank you!

Worked great for me ... I am now getting over 40 FPS minimum and lots of times in upwards of 60. My rig is Athlon XP 1900, 512 DDR RAM, SoundBlaster Audigy Gamer, GeForce 3 Ti 200, ...

Thank you so much for this unofficial patch. I loved Morrowind when I first started playing it and could put up with the less that 20 FPS after the in-game tweaks but this file really makes the game much more enjoyable to me.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 2:18 am

MamoVaka

My pc is the same as your but I have a geforce 4 ti4600, how in the LOVE OF GOD are you getting 40 fps min in cities? I am still getting fps around 15 in cities sometimes as low as 11 and my pc gets a score of 9970 in 3d2001
Post Sun May 05, 2002 2:20 am

Is this the same file as the ace version, just not compressed?
I don't have MW yet, but downloaded the ace file for future use, do I need this or is it exactly the same?
Post Sun May 05, 2002 2:23 am

Radix

This patch helped me too as I now have a 5-10 fps increase. MW is bringing my poor Geforce2 Pro to its knees though and I have it tweaked to the max. Time for a G4 VERY soon...
Post Sun May 05, 2002 2:29 am

It says “font 0 not found in /morrowind.ini”

What I’m doing wrong?
Post Sun May 05, 2002 2:59 am

Sorry I wasn't more detailed in explaining my increase in FPS.

Now that you mention it, I was getting around 18 FPS in big cities. I then used this unofficial patch and when I started Morrowind, I was in the wilderness. I am in a mine right now doing a quest and I am getting 40-something FPS. I will let you know what my performance is when I go back to city.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 3:56 am

Brassi

I get font 0 not found error also

I get font 0 not found error also.

How do I fix this? anyone know?
Post Sun May 05, 2002 3:58 am

Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Holy shit....

I've never looked at warez or hacks and I have no clue that safedisc was so lame. It's pathetic that developers still use software like that.

My performance in cities has gone up which is great.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 4:00 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next