FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Risine

Buy it online on Amazon.com, it will be cheaper:)
Post Sun May 15, 2005 12:51 pm

Animeuk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thx sorry for going off subject

the baulders gate series is really good and yes theyve given themselves a lot to live up to but im gonna buy it and play it to death anyway cos its my fave genre
Post Mon May 16, 2005 2:56 am
tone

bg3

hopefully, the characters would be transferable
Post Sat May 21, 2005 7:43 pm

flabbyjack
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hahahahahaha!!

This isn't the prodigal son of the PC series, think more along the lines of the 'wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole' console title. Reserve your anticipation for Fallout 3, plz.
Post Tue May 24, 2005 4:32 pm

http://www.obsidianent.com/bios.htm

Lots of bios from Obsidian Entertainment say that they "worked on the unreleased Baldur’s Gate 3"
Post Wed May 25, 2005 3:09 am

bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
http://www.obsidianent.com/bios.htm

Lots of bios from Obsidian Entertainment say that they "worked on the unreleased Baldur’s Gate 3"

That would be the BG3 that was canned when BI was shut down though. Still, it makes for interesting reading.
Post Thu May 26, 2005 3:56 am
Jimmyjuves

quote:
Originally posted by slak
quote:
Originally posted by tolgerias
I find it hard to believe that obsidian would do KOTOR2, NWN2 and BG3.
They aren´t that big and making only sequels to games of other studios is not really the way to go, it's far better to launch a succesful series for yourself.

Well Baldurs Gate IS Bioware's series, they never owned the licence, but they made the whole thing.

They aren't developing Kotor2 or NWN2 though, those are both developed by Obsidian. (lots of former Black Isle employees)

And they are big, Bioware has hundreds of employees.

And no i'm not making any of this up, i'm a great fan and try my best to keep track of these things =)

Er, i think the first guy was only talking about obsidian in his post. He's saying they are already developing KOTOR 2 and NWN2, therefore its unlikely they would also develop BG 3. He said obsidian was small and therefore shouldnt make games of OTHER studios, i.e bioware.
Post Tue May 31, 2005 7:32 am

If BG3 looks like Age of Empires 3, all in 3d but with a 3D isometric-view-like camera, I buy it.
Post Tue May 31, 2005 10:36 am

shadowbeat

i read obsidian is making a new rpg called 'dragon age', meant to be a combination of BG, NWN and KOTOR in terms of style and combat but set in a completely new world *not D&D*

perhaps this is obsidian's take on BG3?

they previewed it at E3.
Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:46 am

shadowbeat

typo, i meant bioware.

http://www.bioware.com/games/dragon_age/
Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:49 am

Sigh, what part of the conclusion of the Baldur's Gate series did everyone seem to miss? The series is over! Finished! Kaput! Done! Writing another game under its name is just a lame attempt to cash in one the success of one of the greatest rpgs ever. Let's come up with some original ideas for once shall we?
Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:40 am

jim bob

baldurs gate is rubbish aint it

baldurs gate is da crappiest game i hav eva played anyone who thinks it is good should be shot chopped up den set on fire
Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:05 pm

tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Sigh, what part of the conclusion of the Baldur's Gate series did everyone seem to miss? The series is over! Finished! Kaput! Done! Writing another game under its name is just a lame attempt to cash in one the success of one of the greatest rpgs ever. Let's come up with some original ideas for once shall we?

Well, a prequel might actually add something and if it's crap we just don't buy it, easy as that Though if it is really bad it will hurt the name of the series and disencourage (?) people from playing the first two parts which would be a shame.

@ jim bob
It would be great to see that insulting meaningless post deleted.
Post Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:05 pm
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Sigh, what part of the conclusion of the Baldur's Gate series did everyone seem to miss? The series is over! Finished! Kaput! Done!

Well apart from it being offical that BG3 is under development.....series do not always have to be a direct continuation. By your definition why would they ever make another elder scrolls game? Or why did they even make a gothic 2?
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:02 pm
DannyBoy

PPL Share some light on this subject

Have there been any new news about BG3 i have searched the net over and over again, for no results, im getting impatient and boored, I want BG3 . The Baldurs Gate on PS 2 really didnt make any hopes up for Baldurs Gate 3 on pc. but ther is a light in any tunnel isnt it? Can some share the light with me and tell me that there are some "good" new about BG3, and have to say BG2 best game i ever played, cant stop playing it
Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:26 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next